The Greedy Cash Grabs On eBay For The Andrew MacNaughtan Photography Signed By Neil Makes Me Nauseously Necromanced!!

RUSHHEAD666

I'm dead Earl, my all stuff will be on ebay by dawn! :smoke:

I’ll take your Marvel comics and just the best of your DC stuff

JB

I bequeath to you my comic book collection.

I have some stuff you would love.

I’ll be honored to read them as geekily as I can

Haha!!

Deal!

But you will have to talk to Zoë.

My 22 year old daughter.

I’m sure you can work something out.

I’ll be a ghost.

Always watching from above.

JB

I’m watching a crazy movie.

“Old Boy”

Amazing.

I hope not the remake with Brolin which wasn’t good. I haven’t seen the original though.

As for the comics, I leave myself to Zoe’s generosity. She is your daughter after all. If she proclaims “You ain’t gettin’ shit, Blaze!” then so be it. :blaze:

Oh my brother.

Watching the original. Epic.

I hate remakes.

Except for “The Thing” by John Carpenter.

I’ve met John Carpenter three times in my life.

Meet and greets.

In Oakland while signing a Halloween lp I asked him...

“John, do you like Rush?”

He said.... “yeah their ok.”

John was beer stoic and dissident just like Neil when I met him at his tour bus door.

Two years later John toured again with his son.

I did Anaheim SF and Santa Cruz.

At the meet and greet at The Warfield I went for it.

I opened up my huge Halloween III poster signed by Wallace, Tom Atkins and Ellie

Right before John signed it I said...

“John, I thought you guys were great in Anaheim.”

The whole band was there too.

John paused and he opened up!!

He said, “you are traveling to see us perform?”

I said...”John I was on vacation in San Diego for Halloween.

Then I drove up to see you in Anaheim.

I live up here and I will see you guys in Santa Cruz tomorrow.”

John gave me a rare smile and signed my poster.

I stood up and shook everyone’s hands.

I turned to them all and said....

“I love you John. You guys are awesome just like my favorite band Rush!!”

John said as I turned away......

“Thanks but we aren’t Rush.”

It was Epic.

Hope some of you Carpenter freaks like this story.

I’m always trying to spread the love of Rush!

Zoe won’t want the comic books.

She will protect my Rush stuff.

Love you JB

You know I love John Carpenter.

I’ve met all of my mortal heroes in life.

I’m blessed JB.

My parents are still healthy and alive.

• Like 2

I'm dead Earl, my all stuff will be on ebay by dawn! :smoke:

I’ll take your Marvel comics and just the best of your DC stuff

JB

I bequeath to you my comic book collection.

I have some stuff you would love.

I’ll be honored to read them as geekily as I can

Haha!!

Deal!

But you will have to talk to Zoë.

My 22 year old daughter.

I’m sure you can work something out.

I’ll be a ghost.

Always watching from above.

JB

I’m watching a crazy movie.

“Old Boy”

Amazing.

Oh and speaking of comics, that movie you’re watching, Old Boy - whether it’s the original Korean version or the Spike Lee remake with Brolin, it’s based on a Japanese comic. What a coincidence.

You are killing me.

Didn’t know Spaghetti Lee did the remake.

Watching Korean Classic.

Very Japanese. I am fooled.

Old Boy is amazing

Great soundtrack.

Genius film.

Genius like Neil.

• Like 1

I've been monitoring eSLAY for many days now watching the people put up their rare Neil Peart stuff. I actually thought it was pretty mellow UNTIL TONIGHT!!!

I can't believe all the people who hav their precious Andrew photographed Neil signed stuff on there up for grabs. The Buy It Now prices are ridiculous and absurd and it is really making me sick.

As a Rush fan of the decades I was very fortunate to communicate with Andrew via email about his work and Neil signed prints.

Anything that I have in my possession will remain private.

But I know the drill people.

Cash grabs off of the mortals who pass really tick me off.

I have married my merchandise. Anything and everything I have RUSH my girls will inherit and can sell when I am dead or bury it with me. LOL Sorry, just trying to lighten this thread up!

I have amazing stories to tell about my "outer circle" connections with this band. I am so blessed.

No money on the earth will ever make me part with what I have in relation with RUSH.

I will leave you all with and easter egg. I have something that only Geddy, Alex, Neil and I have.

I will never tell.

Don't pm me.

Don't try and find me. Even I don't know where I put it. :)

Love you all.

Signed,

"Show Me Don't Tell Me." LOL!

RUSH ON FOREVER!

NEIL PEART I LOVE YOU!!!!!

You 4 all got matching butt tattoos?

• Like 2

Hey if the price is right then go for it!

You have “Freewill.”

Even if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.

There are still many affordable items on there for sale.

It’s just the few who are selling their Andrew Neil items.

Hey, if you have “The Big Money” then go for it!!

“Quick to judge quick to anger”

I don’t judge.

I’m not angry.

I just get the business.

“The Main Monkey Business”

Oh yeah....

I could go all night.

Signed,

“Double Agent”

Wink wink

What I want to know Earl is Naughton going to unleash some unseen footage from An American Werewolf in London. It's by far his best film and a classic!

Haha!!

I love that movie! Good call...

• Like 1

I've been monitoring eSLAY for many days now watching the people put up their rare Neil Peart stuff. I actually thought it was pretty mellow UNTIL TONIGHT!!!

I can't believe all the people who hav their precious Andrew photographed Neil signed stuff on there up for grabs. The Buy It Now prices are ridiculous and absurd and it is really making me sick.

As a Rush fan of the decades I was very fortunate to communicate with Andrew via email about his work and Neil signed prints.

I have married my merchandise. Anything and everything I have RUSH my girls will inherit and can sell when I am dead or bury it with me. LOL Sorry, just trying to lighten this thread up!

I have amazing stories to tell about my "outer circle" connections with this band. I am so blessed.

No money on the earth will ever make me part with what I have in relation with RUSH.

I will leave you all with and easter egg. I have something that only Geddy, Alex, Neil and I have.

I will never tell.

Don't pm me.

Love you all.

Signed,

RUSH ON FOREVER!

I have not been looking at any specialty merchandise at all, for that very reason- I don’t even want to be reminded how many mercenary hack jobs there are out there who just want to cash in on their stuff, more than they want to hold on to it. It doesn’t mean anything to them!

I did just receive the Wandering the Face of the Earth book yesterday, using some Amazon gift money that I got for Christmas (and it was half price! Twenty-five bucks!)...but that was a planned purchase, for a little while.

• Like 2

I agree with you Earl. I have a bunch of Rush memorabilia including 4 McNaughton prints and photographs and paintings my Geddy and Alex. There is no way I’d ever get rid of it. When my time comes, I’ve left instructions how to log on to this forum to get some help getting rid of it. One of my biggest fears is it just ending up at Goodwill or something like that. I’m sure my daughter will get some of it though.
  • Like 2

Well, I clearly have far too much free time on my hands today. I spent about an hour sending nastygrams to some of the more egregiously greedy sellers. Nothing arrest-worthy, don't worry, but we'll see if eBay kicks me out!

Of course you know the really mean (but I think it might be ethically justifiable) to do would be to burn one of these sellers. Buy the item, wait until you get it, then launch a dispute with PP. Say you thought the signed drumhead was new, not this dented and scraped up piece of shit the seller sent. Something like that.

eBay/Paypal always sides with the buyer and issues a refund - it's why I would never sell anything on eBay. I have friends who've gotten burned selling things like expensive horse tack - we're talking in the thousands. Of course you are supposed to return the item, but neither eBay nor PP will do anything to ensure that actually happens.

I know. I'm evil. Hope to see some of you in hell.

Edited by Mara
  • Like 5

Well, I clearly have far too much free time on my hands today. I spent about an hour sending nastygrams to some of the more egregiously greedy sellers. Nothing arrest-worthy, don't worry, but we'll see if eBay kicks me out!

Of course you know the really mean (but I think it might be ethically justifiable) to do would be to burn one of these sellers. Buy the item, wait until you get it, then launch a dispute with PP. Say you thought the signed drumhead was new, not this dented and scraped up piece of shit the seller sent. Something like that.

eBay/Paypal always sides with the buyer and issues a refund - it's why I would never sell anything on eBay. I have friends who've gotten burned selling things like expensive horse tack - we're talking in the thousands. Of course you are supposed to return the item, but neither eBay nor PP will do anything to ensure that actually happens.

You haven’t changed a bit!

:cheers:

• Like 1

I did sell some collectible vinyl on eBay a couple of years back (not Rush) that I wasn’t very attached to- and actually struck up somewhat of a friendship, or at least some lasting correspondence, with the guy who bought it all from me. Didn’t have any issues with not getting paid, or getting burned in any way.

But your point is well taken...there are some shady and greedy bastards in the world!

:cheers: Nope. Never will! Hell has all the good music anyway.

• Like 1

Hahaha! I'll second that! Wow! MARA!!! A blast from the past!! I've missed your unfiltered wit!! Yes! The four of us have matching Rush tattoos on our left ass check. It's the album cover of "EXIT STAGE LEFT!" Get it? Connected forever!!! RUSH ON MARA!

• Like 1

I agree with you Earl. I have a bunch of Rush memorabilia including 4 McNaughton prints and photographs and paintings my Geddy and Alex. There is no way I’d ever get rid of it. When my time comes, I’ve left instructions how to log on to this forum to get some help getting rid of it. One of my biggest fears is it just ending up at Goodwill or something like that. I’m sure my daughter will get some of it though.

Thanks buddy! Yes!! Let's hope your daughter will get all of it. She will know what to do. Keep a few or sell a few. My daughters know exactly what to do. They will either bury all of it with me, sell it or keep it! You grave diggers will never know where my body will lay. Surrounded like King Tut with an "Exit Stage Left" tattoo on my butt. Lol! That's for you Mara! An underground Rush Shrine drinking beers and moonshine. Ghosts and Angels will protect my "Spirit Of Radio" and by then I will be playing drums with all of my mortal musical heroes,

Signed,

"Nobody's Hero"

• Like 1

I will never tell.

Don't pm me.

Love you all.

Signed,

RUSH ON FOREVER!

I have not been looking at any specialty merchandise at all, for that very reason- I don’t even want to be reminded how many mercenary hack jobs there are out there who just want to cash in on their stuff, more than they want to hold on to it. It doesn’t mean anything to them!

I did just receive the Wandering the Face of the Earth book yesterday, using some Amazon gift money that I got for Christmas (and it was half price! Twenty-five bucks!)...but that was a planned purchase, for a little while.

Great book buddy! Enjoy!

I just have to chime in here.

When a music act passes on (member of a group or solo artist), the interest in their discography is resurrected.

However at the same time, people also cash in on their death.

An example here with the late Michael Jackson.

It's "The Nature Of The Beast" my friend.

Signed,

April Wine

Gosh I've missed you. You crack me up!

"See You In Hell"

Love,

Grim Reaper

• Like 1

I don't particularly have an issue with it. Something is only worth what someone else will pay for it. And if someone is willing to pay stupid money for something, at the end of the day we're talking about discretionary income. And the fact of the matter is, from a value standpoint, it will never be worth more than right now.
  • Like 2

I don't particularly have an issue with it. Something is only worth what someone else will pay for it. And if someone is willing to pay stupid money for something, at the end of the day we're talking about discretionary income. And the fact of the matter is, from a value standpoint, it will never be worth more than right now.

"Sad But True."

Metallica

You also have to consider that Rush themselves are making more money at this moment off merch and album sales (see other TRF thread). Bowie's sales went through the roof after his death as well. So I don't really consider the ebay thing much differently.

Sadly, postmortem exploitation is one of the prices of fame.

I love this one though. Neil used to send personal postcards through Modern Drummer back before the internet. I love his response on this one. Classic Neil!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Neil-Peart-Autographed-Post-Card-1986-Rush-/283740284270?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=OtYbKO6Px3oyK9eyBTP9mTyQbww%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

• Like 1

I really do not understand the need to profit from a band that one supposedly admires. For instance, I am fortunate enough to own a print signed by Alex himself of his beautiful painting "Aquarium", courtesy of the Kidney Foundation of Canada. No matter what my financial situation may be, I will NEVER EVER sell it! It is a family heirloom now as far as I am concerned. I will proudly pass it down to the next generation and will most certainly educate them about Rush.

I think people's attempt to "milk the cow" (so to speak), using the sick and money grabbing mindset that the value of a celebrity's autograph spikes upon his/her passing, makes me utterly nauseous.

I do (for instance) cringe at the eagerness of people on the Antiques Roadshow USA, when their eyes gleam upon finding out how much something's worth, rather than taking an interest in that item's historical significance.

Sure. Even Alex and Geddy will be benefiting from Neil's untimely passing, but hey, it is their music, you know? So that's different.

The behaviour of these money grabbers remind me of the idiots who purchased precious copies of Jimmy Page's photographic autobiography. This was a signed limited edition piece that was published by Genesis Publications. There were many Zep fans who could afford it, but who couldn't purchase it, as copies of the book were snapped up within a day or two from the date the pre-order announcement. Surely enough, within a week of its release, ebay was flooded with listings for this specific book and the asking price was at least 5 times beyond the reasonable range! Disgusting!

Edited by preetha_1987
  • Like 1