Memorial gathering on Route 66 in Oklahoma

skyswing

Hey! I haven't posted in the forum in years. Maybe close to a decade? I apologize for my absence. Hope y'all are well!

Another Rush fan from a different Facebook Rush group and I will host a memorial meetup at a restaurant on Route 66. This is just a chance for fans to get together and share memories and gain mutual support from one another.

Here are the basics:

What: Oklahoma/Route 66 Neil Peart Memorial Gathering

Who: Rush fans and their family and friends who can safely get to northeast Oklahoma in winter

Where: The Rock Cafe, 114 W Main St., Stroud, OK, USA

When: February 1, 2020 - 1:30-3:30 US Central Time

Why: To share stories & memories and just reflect. It's a fitting location because it's on Route 66. At minimum, it's a tribute to Neil's fondness for the open road.

How: Get there however you can. Please RSVP on the Facebook page by noon U.S. Central Time January 24 so the hosts can give the restaurant an approximate headcount ahead of time.

For information, and to RSVP, please see the Facebook event.

https://www.facebook...49242465979225/

Edited by skyswing
  • Like 2

Hey! I haven't posted in the forum in years. Maybe close to a decade? I apologize for my absence. Hope y'all are well!

Another Rush fan from a different Facebook Rush group and I will host a memorial meetup at a restaurant on Route 66. This is just a chance for fans to get together and share memories and gain mutual support from one another.

Here are the basics:

What: Oklahoma/Route 66 Neil Peart Memorial Gatherin

Who: Rush fans and their family and friends who can safely get to northeast Oklahoma in winter

Why: To share stories & memories and just reflect. It's a fitting location because it's on Route 66. At minimum, it's a tribute to Neil's fondness for the open road.

How: Get there however you can. Please RSVP on the Facebook page by noon U.S. Central Time January 24 so the hosts can give the restaurant an approximate headcount ahead of time.

I am not able to go, being in Pennsylvania. However, is it OK if I repost this in a private Rush Facebook group I am in? People there have been wanting to hear about memorials.

Yes, please! Post it elsewhere, especially if it's not Rush Facts 'N' Photos - it's already there.

Here are the basics:

I am not able to go, being in Pennsylvania. However, is it OK if I repost this in a private Rush Facebook group I am in? People there have been wanting to hear about memorials.

• Like 1

Yes, please! Post it elsewhere, especially if it's not Rush Facts 'N' Photos - it's already there.

Here are the basics:

Thank you! No, I am in CARFU-Clockwork Angels Rush Fans United. :)

The Rock Café in Stroud, OK is a cool place to grab a meal on the Mother Road. I'm tempted... Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 2

Awesome! Could you please go to the Facebook link and click "going" or interested? We need to give the restaurant a general number of people. I'll repeat it here for your convenience. https://www.facebook.com/events/449242465979225/

I might be able to make it!

• Like 1

OK, posted! Wish there were a similar PA event!

This was completely an organic thing that developed when I asked if there was a list of memorials. Just think of some place that would be fitting for talking about Neil and organize it!

• Like 2

Hope you can make it! Just remember to RSVP on the Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/events/449242465979225/

The Rock Café in Stroud, OK is a cool place to grab a meal on the Mother Road. I'm tempted...

Please consider this reply as permission for anyone on this board who wants to post this event in another forum. Please just reply to thread to let me know where you posted it so I can keep track. I'll repeat the details and link below:

What: Oklahoma/Route 66 Neil Peart Memorial Gathering

Just wanted to make sure I informed everyone who expressed interest in this event that we've had to postpone. I lost a close friend back in my home state on Monday. I'm back there now. So my co-host and I moved the Neil event out to May 9. It's one day after the fifth anniversary of the Tulsa R40 show. Sorry for any inconvenience if you were planning to attend today.
  • Like 1