Neil's News, Weather, and Sports Blog Posts - Complete Archive Online

Jag2112

For those of us who loved reading all of Neil's blog posts on his website (dubbed the 'News, Weather, and Sports' entries), you can now catch a complete archive of every entry (dating back to 2005) via the link below:

https://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/peart-news-weather-and-sports.php

The last entry Neil made was in May of 2016. Obviously we were all hoping for additional entries, but at least we can now go back and reminisce.

Enjoy-

• Like 10

Thanks.

Neil posted 4 to 7 times every year from 2006 until the middle of 2016 (posting 6 times in 9 months after Rush stopped touring).

And then there was nothing.

In retrospect, it was obvious something was wrong.

"Suddenly, you were gone

From all the lives you left your mark upon"

• Like 1

1579053889[/url]' post='4718921']

Thanks.

Neil posted 4 to 7 times every year from 2006 until the middle of 2016 (posting 6 times in 9 months after Rush stopped touring).

"Suddenly, you were gone

Agreed.

My hunch is that Neil kept a journal or personal blog of his battle with brain cancer over the 3.5 years. He was such an avid and gifted writer that seemed to have a passion for it. I’d be surprised if there’s not something. Whether it’s ever made public in any form is another story....

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone
  • Like 2

1579053889[/url]' post='4718921']

Thanks.

"Suddenly, you were gone

Agreed.

My hunch is that Neil kept a journal or personal blog of his battle with brain cancer over the 3.5 years. He was such an avid and gifted writer that seemed to have a passion for it. I’d be surprised if there’s not something. Whether it’s ever made public in any form is another story....

Hard to say. This type of cancer can and does affect speech and motor function. Also given there’s a pretty clear lifespan after diagnosis I suspect he spent as much time as he could doing what he loved with the people he loved.

• Like 2

Thanks.

"Suddenly, you were gone

Agreed.

I bet your right. I'm sure he wrote a lot especially for his daughter.

• Like 2