It took some time to say what I really feel about Neil

Tom Sawyer

There is Rush, which I do enjoy, and and have three different stages of fandom. Stage one, 1976 when a friend introduced me to 2112, 1981 when I first hear Tom Sawyer and Spirit of Radio. and 2003 when I purchased Rush in Rio DVD. love the music, love the lyrics.

Then there is Neil Peart. I discovered his book Ghost Rider in 2004. That changed me profoundly, more than anything the music or lyrics ever came close to. I really hadn't felt this strongly about since Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer. There was an instant connection for me to the writing "style". I felt Neil was using his writing (in his books) to connect with people who wanted to do what he had the time, resources and ultimately, the courage to do. He allowed me (us) to ride along with him on journeys to rediscover life and a rekindle the desire to appreciate life for what it has to offer. Adventure can be found in the simplest forms. Adventure begins whe we decide to "get moving" ... "somewhere"... "anywhere". You see, it doesn't really matter. "The point of the journey is not to arrive ,,, anything can happen"

Thanks Neil. You gave me something far and away beyond just your music, or your lyrics. You gave me the desire to aspire in life!

• Like 5