R40 Blu-Ray Set

GeddyLeeLifeson

Thought I'd just make a post to say I received this today. I never had seen the set in person so I didn't realize how big it was, but I like the pictures and I'm going through R30 right now remembering the greatness of Neil's playing. I know some people weren't jazzed about buying a set with stuff they owned already just to get one disc of bonuses, but for me it was a good purchase cause it meant I got all the stuff I either had and gave up or didn't have to begin with. Also it's a cool piece to display amongst my other Rush stuff.

https://ibb.co/9h03prg

Edited by GeddyLeeLifeson
  • Like 2

Thought I'd just make a post to say I received this today. I never had seen the set in person so I didn't realize how big it was, but I like the pictures and I'm going through R30 right now remembering the greatness of Neil's playing. I know some people weren't jazzed about buying a set with stuff they owned already just to get one disc of bonuses, but for me it was a good purchase cause it meant I got all the stuff I either had and gave up or didn't have to begin with. Also it's a cool piece to display amongst my other Rush stuff.

https://ibb.co/9h03prg

Wasn't thrilled with buying all of it again but there was about 5 to 10 percent that was previously unreleased so I did so reluctantly.

I hate the way Ged sounds on it. Especially One little Victory

I haven't enjoyed a lot of Rush's live stuff past, I'd say, R30 once Geddy went from somebody singing to sounding like someone trying to sing

Have to agree with this. The actual playing was still as immaculate as always, not so Geddys voice. I accept no ones voice lasts forever, but it was a bit painful to witness at times.

• Like 2

The unreleased stuff was worth buying it for IMO even though I already owned all those blu-rays individually.

I still cannot bring myself to spring for stuff I already own for the little I don't even though I would love to have it. I satisfy myself by watching it on YouTube.

I haven't enjoyed a lot of Rush's live stuff past, I'd say, R30 once Geddy went from somebody singing to sounding like someone trying to sing

Have to agree with this. The actual playing was still as immaculate as always, not so Geddys voice. I accept no ones voice lasts forever, but it was a bit painful to witness at times.

One of the reasons I don't listen to the CA album is because even studio trickery and the mix couldn't cover up how much range and power he lost over the previous decade

I really enjoy all of it except for the second set of R40. Starts to get a bit dicey at that point.

So questions,

Is the Laura Secondary School the earliest filmed footage of Rush and do we know if it's the full show?

Finally do you think they'll ever do full releases of shows that we only get teased with like Molson 1997? I know they said there was some problems syncing audio with video but I mean it seems like there was enough footage included that it shouldn't have been a problem?

Edited by GeddyLeeLifeson

So questions,

Is the Laura Secondary School the earliest filmed footage of Rush and do we know if it's the full show?

Finally do you think they'll ever do full releases of shows that we only get teased with like Molson 1997? I know they said there was some problems syncing audio with video but I mean it seems like there was enough footage included that it shouldn't have been a problem?

Other than Alex's fluke appearance on Come On Children, Laura Secord seems to be the earliest Rush video to date. Might not be the full show, but I think it's all that has survived.

As far as full shows, Difficult to answer without knowing what shape the recordings are in and if their location is known.