Sweet photo and story about Neil

blueschica

This was a sweet Instagram post from Chris Stankee, who works for Zildjian cymbals and worked with Neil on different projects. The perspective on the photo is a bit off, but understandably, because Chris has blurred out Olivia's face since she is a child.

vsL0dbUh.png

"In August of 2016, Bubba wrote to me from his place in Quebec where he spent every August. “So... We’re having a brain tumor. I’m fine. Don’t freak out. And don’t put it on Facebook!” To which I replied, “Good! Maybe it’ll dumb you down just enough that the rest of us will understand what the hell you’re talking about most of the time!” You see, if you made him laugh, which wasn’t easy to do because Lerxt and Craggie set the bar so high most of his life, you’d be rewarded with his bellowing laugh that betrayed his normally soft spoken and composed demeanor. I’ll never forget that laugh as long as I live. He said “we’re” having a tumor because he knows all too well the effects of cancer on loved ones. Hell, who doesn’t, right? He wanted it kept quiet because that was his way. Geddy and I spoke the other night about how hard that was for us to bottle that up the last 3.5 years. To those I was able to confide in, I thank you. To those who I had to deflect and change the subject when asked, I’m sorry. I know you understand. To have shared in his adventures is my life’s honor. I’m grateful for the friendships, now family formed in his circle. They know who they are. We share your grief and are comforted by your tributes. He would hate all the fuss, but would understand. We all knew him as a supreme musician, writer, adventurer etc. But also know he was this. A thoughtful father, reading to his daughter, her head on his shoulder, holding her hand. “Freeze this moment a little bit longer. Make each sensation a little bit stronger. Time Stand Still.” He loved that album. We listened to it often, on 10. I invite you to do the same. I’ll see you again friend and we shall revel! " ♥️ "#neilpeart

• Like 25

This was a sweet Instagram post from Chris Stankee, who works for Zildjian cymbals and worked with Neil on different projects. The perspective on the photo is a bit off, but understandably, because Chris has blurred out Olivia's face since she is a child.

vsL0dbUh.png

"In August of 2016, Bubba wrote to me from his place in Quebec where he spent every August. “So... We’re having a brain tumor. I’m fine. Don’t freak out. And don’t put it on Facebook!” To which I replied, “Good! Maybe it’ll dumb you down just enough that the rest of us will understand what the hell you’re talking about most of the time!” You see, if you made him laugh, which wasn’t easy to do because Lerxt and Craggie set the bar so high most of his life, you’d be rewarded with his bellowing laugh that betrayed his normally soft spoken and composed demeanor. I’ll never forget that laugh as long as I live. He said “we’re” having a tumor because he knows all too well the effects of cancer on loved ones. Hell, who doesn’t, right? He wanted it kept quiet because that was his way. Geddy and I spoke the other night about how hard that was for us to bottle that up the last 3.5 years. To those I was able to confide in, I thank you. To those who I had to deflect and change the subject when asked, I’m sorry. I know you understand. To have shared in his adventures is my life’s honor. I’m grateful for the friendships, now family formed in his circle. They know who they are. We share your grief and are comforted by your tributes. He would hate all the fuss, but would understand. We all knew him as a supreme musician, writer, adventurer etc. But also know he was this. A thoughtful father, reading to his daughter, her head on his shoulder, holding her hand. “Freeze this moment a little bit longer. Make each sensation a little bit stronger. Time Stand Still.” He loved that album. We listened to it often, on 10. I invite you to do the same. I’ll see you again friend and we shall revel! " ♥️ "#neilpeart

Sweet Jesus... are you trying to make me jump out a window? (Blubber)

• Like 5

“Good! Maybe it’ll dumb you down just enough that the rest of us will understand what the hell you’re talking about most of the time!”

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

• Like 8

vsL0dbUh.png

:hug2: :hug2:

• Like 1

vsL0dbUh.png

Thank you for posting that and anything you may come across in the future. It is comforting beyond measure.

Even this is not enough for me to have a facebook account.so I'm at the mercy of whatever gets posted here.

Thank you for this..

• Like 1

Good on Chris for covering up her face. I understand where that comes from as a parent of 3 children and a skepticism of social media being used a scrapbook and the unintended consequences thereof.

I hope for Olivia's sake, plenty of these photos exist. What a bummer for her.

• Like 4

Also, here is a photo posted in tribute by Neil's riding partner, friend, and security detail Michael Mosbach.

kCmNHbCh.png

I love that photo - so poignant now. Is this before SARS?

I'll try to look and find out.

Also, here is a photo posted in tribute by Neil's riding partner, friend, and security detail Michael Mosbach.

kCmNHbCh.png

Cygnus-x1.net has it posted as a backstage photo from the R40 concert in Dallas, TX in May 2015. It's sooo Neil- observing others while not being seen himself . . .

• Like 3

vsL0dbUh.png

:LOL:
  • Like 2

vsL0dbUh.png

LERXT!!! I know! I shouldn't have clicked on this thread!! Keep it together buddy! I am here for you! NEIL RULES!

• Like 1

kCmNHbCh.png

Cygnus-x1.net has it posted as a backstage photo from the R40 concert in Dallas, TX in May 2015. It's sooo Neil- observing others while not being seen himself . . .

Incredible picture. Melts my heart................ He looks great.

• Like 1

vsL0dbUh.png

Becky! It's a good thing I'm "Closer To the Heart."

Today was the first day I didn't shed any tears. Well until now. Incredible.

Becky, as the days go by I am getting stronger. The outpour of people all around the world who have contacted me to make sure I'm ok has turned the tears of sorrow into joy and love.

You are one of those people Becky.

You have always supported me on here for years.

• Like 1

Man, this just rams home how long he was suffering. Obama was still president then, it's that far back.

All that time we spent pondering what Rush were going to do next, oblivious to the fact this was happening.

Edited by Lurkst

kCmNHbCh.png

I was at that show with my kids!!!! :heart:

• Like 1

vsL0dbUh.png

Goddamnit

• Like 1

vsL0dbUh.png

Becky! It's a good thing I'm "Closer To the Heart."

Today was the first day I didn't shed any tears. Well until now. Incredible.

Becky, as the days go by I am getting stronger. The outpour of people all around the world who have contacted me to make sure I'm ok has turned the tears of sorrow into joy and love.

You are one of those people Becky.

You have always supported me on here for years.

Thanks, Earl! :heart: :heart: :heart: Even though I know Earl IV is a close buddy of yours, there's only one Earl! We are lucky to have you!