Any Rush in particular you've listened to this weekend?

zappafrank

I've been listening to Jacob's Ladder (Exit Stage Left) quite often. It still gives me goosebumps!
  • Like 2

I've been watching Neil's DVD Taking Center Stage. Even though it's kind of categorized as drum instruction, it's a really cool DVD for any major fan because it contains every song from the Time Machine Tour in full. The video is 100% Neil, and the sound is mixed so the focus is on the drums but you can hear the other instruments so you don't lose the context of the song.

Highly recommended for any Neil fan. There are two bonus songs from the Snakes and Arrows tour. The Trees and Natural Science, which is on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZQ5uYP1eWk

Product on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,345&sr=8-7

EDIT:

Here is The Spirit of Radio on Facebook:

http://www.facebook....TV_c&__tn__=K-R

I've been watching this too. Really wish they'd officially mix and release the audio of this. Recorded earlier in the Time Machine Tour when Geddy's voice was better...

Listened to AFTK for the first time in years on the way home last week, that took me back. Other than that been listening to Vapor Trails a good bit.

I haven’t listened to AFTK since Neil died, but I have listened to it much more recently than you had (maybe a year ago, haha).

I did put on Vapor Trails a couple of days ago- even though it’s not an outright favorite of mine, I appreciate it for its place in their catalog and their history.

• Like 1

Update on my incessant Rush listening since the tragic news:

Vapor Trails, my least favorite album after the debut, is now greatly beloved. I've listened to it on repeat for a couple days, and it has clicked. I do prefer the remix, but honestly that album is great either way.

Next up, reevaluate Snakes.

It's not old man syndrome, though. Clockwork was a contender for my favorite since it dropped.

Edited by Mosher
  • Like 2

Finally dug in.

Been watching Roll The Bones tour shows, particularly the second leg, as that was my first show (Alpine Valley).

A bootleg exists of it but it's kind of a strange one (radio scanner?) and there's no video, so I've been watching all the dates closest to it that exist, just trying to bring back the images and sounds of that first show which is now going on 28 years ago (!). All the other shows I've seen are widely available, so this one remains kind of mythical.

• Like 1

I've had Bravado stuck in my head almost non-stop since they announced he passed away. I've been watching a lot of his interviews on Youtube and showing my two sons (9 and 7 years old) some live videos of him.

It hurts still to watch him, but at the same time it's kind of therapeutic, and I think it's helping me through the grieving process.

• Like 1

Watching the Time Machine blu ray as I type this, second set where they run through Moving Pictures in its entirety. Fantastic, and fascinating to experience side 2 - The Camera Eye, Witch Hunt and Vital Signs to close it out. These early records are ingrained into my memory. You anticipate the opening notes, the fade ins-outs, the spaces of silence between the tracks...
  • Like 1

Watching the Time Machine blu ray as I type this, second set where they run through Moving Pictures in its entirety. Fantastic, and fascinating to experience side 2 - The Camera Eye, Witch Hunt and Vital Signs to close it out. These early records are ingrained into my memory. You anticipate the opening notes, the fade ins-outs, the spaces of silence between the tracks...

Doing exactly the same currently. Man they were tight.

And as I speak, something I'd never heard before. At the end of The Camera Eye, Geddy plays a sample of the 'bring out your dead' quote from Life of Brian. Directed by and starring, of course, Terry Jones. Another legend taken this month. Sad times, but they leave such a legacy.

• Like 3

Nothing yet, no. I haven’t been able to bring myself to do so, yet.

But it is definitely coming.

Same here. It's just that I want to load my Rush mp3's back onto the computer hard drive from my mp3 player, then store them on a micro sd card. Then load the mp3 player memory with more non-Rush music from the hard drive. But I've been lazy.

Nothing yet, no. I haven’t been able to bring myself to do so, yet.

But it is definitely coming.

Same here. It's just that I want to load my Rush mp3's back onto the computer hard drive from my mp3 player, then store them on a micro sd card. Then load the mp3 player memory with more non-Rush music from the hard drive. But I've been lazy.

Well, my armor did crack since I posted that...I put together a playlist of Rush music (which was something I had never done before) that was all just jaw-dropping, kickass Neil Peart- song after song after song; before I knew it, I had amassed a playing time of four hours and fifteen minutes, haha...and in addition to that since then I have listened to about six or seven of the studio albums in their entirety.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2

I've listened to two live Rush c.ds I put together called "Trails to Toronto", which are from their "Vapor Trails Tour" in Toronto.
  • Like 2

On d.v.d., I've watched "Rush - Beyond the Lighted Stage", and "Time Stand Still".
  • Like 2

Just want to say I listened to the whole J.R. Flood demo, and my goodness could that kid drum.

He's going places.

If you haven't, please listen.

• Like 2

On d.v.d., I've watched "Rush - Rush In Rio".
  • Like 1

I am right now listening to every Rush record, starting from Fly By Night to R40 Live on CD in the car, while driving to work. Today it is Signals that is going to be played. At home, I am trying to enjoy other music, Yesterday I was listening to Fly By Night again tho but on vinyl record.
  • Like 1

Just want to say I listened to the whole J.R. Flood demo, and my goodness could that kid drum.

He's going places.

If you haven't, please listen.

I have that recording on 1 single Mp3 file. But I wish they would release the whole thing on either CD or vinyl record.

• Like 1

"Open Secrets" is a song I never really thought much of before that has really jumped out at me in revisiting the catalog.

I absolutely love that song...always have. Fantastic. Musically and lyrically, it is just a wonderful gem of a tune.

I was looking out the window

I should have looked at your face instead...

• Like 2