Any word on funeral or memorial plans?

londonguy

I am sure he wanted to live as much as he could when he could, and to have a small and private send off when his time came. It's tragic he's gone, but I'm sure everything was planned. If there are silver linings, it's that we have his music and words forever, and that he also had a couple of years to... plan.
  • Like 3

My feeling about this is a private ones, but will voice them here. I think seeing how our dear Neil was a very private man, he would've chosen to keep his funeral matters private for his parents, brother and two sisters, his wife and very close friends only. Imagine his will coming out!! The horror of it is sickening because I seen it with famous people fighting over how didn't get what or why they cut them out of the will. I sometimes think if they held it open, it would not be fun at all for Neil's family. Plus, I think Neil would've like us to remember him by listening to Rush, reading his book or re seeing Rush concerts on DVDs or on YT. or by helping folks with his name..I believed that if Geddy and Alex were to one day pass, it would be the same thing. Sorry if I ramble on here.

Hazarding a guess that Neil was not the type who'd have expected or wanted anyone to make a big formal fuss over his earthly remains. The man was never one to stand on ceremony regarding anything; as humble as he was, it's not likely he'd have made an exception for his own passing.

I also doubt he's been buried anywhere that the general public could access easily - if he opted for burial at all. I think that would be a good thing; while Rush fans in general are decent, respectful people, I have also seen people act like complete tools at gravesites. For every 200 people who'd visit Neil's grave to quietly pay respects, there'd be one person who had to act like a dick by the headstone. Jon Benet Ramsey is buried within shouting distance of my house, and while I thought she got entirely too much attention I can't condone all the disrespectful selfies and such that happen on her gravesite.

But Neil being Neil, I dont think he wanted fans, no matter how much we loved him, to do that. To me, that is disrespectful. Freddie Mercury's home in Kingsington, London was shut off from fans because they keep writing on the walls and door. I would've liked to see Neil one day if they had buried him at all, but no, seeing how very private he really was, he would've not have gone for it. Sorry.

My feeling about this is a private ones, but will voice them here. I think seeing how our dear Neil was a very private man, he would've chosen to keep his funeral matters private for his parents, brother and two sisters, his wife and very close friends only. Imagine his will coming out!! The horror of it is sickening because I seen it with famous people fighting over how didn't get what or why they cut them out of the will. I sometimes think if they held it open, it would not be fun at all for Neil's family. Plus, I think Neil would've like us to remember him by listening to Rush, reading his book or re seeing Rush concerts on DVDs or on YT. or by helping folks with his name..I believed that if Geddy and Alex were to one day pass, it would be the same thing. Sorry if I ramble on here.

Hazarding a guess that Neil was not the type who'd have expected or wanted anyone to make a big formal fuss over his earthly remains. The man was never one to stand on ceremony regarding anything; as humble as he was, it's not likely he'd have made an exception for his own passing.

I also doubt he's been buried anywhere that the general public could access easily - if he opted for burial at all. I think that would be a good thing; while Rush fans in general are decent, respectful people, I have also seen people act like complete tools at gravesites. For every 200 people who'd visit Neil's grave to quietly pay respects, there'd be one person who had to act like a dick by the headstone. Jon Benet Ramsey is buried within shouting distance of my house, and while I thought she got entirely too much attention I can't condone all the disrespectful selfies and such that happen on her gravesite.

But Neil being Neil, I dont think he wanted fans, no matter how much we loved him, to do that. To me, that is disrespectful. Freddie Mercury's home in Kingsington, London was shut off from fans because they keep writing on the walls and door. I would've liked to see Neil one day if they had buried him at all, but no, seeing how very private he really was, he would've not have gone for it. Sorry.

Freddies home was not shut off, it's a public street but yes they have tried to discourage fans from writing on the surrounding walls by painting them with a graffiti resistant coating!