No leaks

quantex

Absolutely one of the most remarkable and admirable acts of honoring one’s privacy that I’ve ever heard of or can imagine. It’s just with social media being what it is, cameras on cell phones everywhere, and people just wanting to get information for the sake of gossip, it’s just something I find beautiful in all this tragedy. His inner circle had to have gone to great lengths to honor his wishes and Neil deserved that so much. I love that it wasn’t ever made public...

LMTA,

I don't know if this is directed to me for keeping it erased from my mind, but I am that guy.

You have known me for years.

You have always been cool with me.

I know I've stirred the pot on here since 2006 too, but it was really just a late night act. Just trying to get people to react and respond. I always wanted to be creative and exciting even in an R Rated way.

I've learned my way. You know I've toned down.

I have made so many wonderful friends on here over years despite rocking the boat and ticking people off. Well? Now "the cells tick away" and Neil is gone.

I am so happy that 73 had the faith and trust in my over the years.

Again I apologize to everyone I have ever hurt on here.

It wasn't my intention but I am over the top and I have always defended myself on here when attacked.

But enough of the past.

It's about the Now.

It's about the Future.

Neil's passing will make us all stronger again over time.

We will become more of a family again.

I know I'm not the only one on here who has had a flair for the Forum Dramatic.

Too much drama, I don't want drama anymore.

Neil's death has personally crushed me, but yet at the same time the 100 plus people who have contacted me this weekend to care about my well being has flipped the emotional switch.

My tears of sorrow have turned into tears of joy and happiness.

Neil's death is making me stronger.

I wish all of you the same mending ability.

We are all hurting.

I've been back on the drum kit everyday now since Friday.

Neil. My inspiration. My mentor. My influence.

The phoenix is rising my friends.

Out of the ashes of Neil's passing we will all fly again. "Fly By Night" Fly by morning. Fly by afternoon. It doesn't matter.

We will all heal.

Trust me.

Love you all.

• Like 4

Exactly. Respect the privacy to everyone in the Rush family. I knew about Neil's brain tumor on November 2, 2019. I only told my father because he was at our office when I found out.

The only social media I am on is The Rush Forum. I despise social media except for this Forum.

In this day and age where there is no privacy and no respect to others personal lives there was no way in Hell I would say a word to anyone.

I love you Neil Peart. Rest In Peace, :heart:

Actually check out a post that we both commented in on January 13th 2018, I was derided for my comments and the post dried up, it was so difficult not to say anything else as I wanted to share my pain!

It's already been said, but I too am glad there were no leaks about his situation. As shocking as it was to get this news on Friday, it's absolutely Neil's right to want privacy for him and his family while fighting such an awful disease.

We all should have that choice, famous or not.

• Like 4

I was struck at how fortunate it is that he was able to surround himself by people he could trust this much. Not only people who would respect his privacy, but people who would not even unwittingly give away his chance to be at peace.

He maintained a distance that for some reason offended too many people who somehow felt he owed them more of himself. He claimed he didn't understand the desire to invade a celebrity's privacy, but of course that's not usually what people are wanting to do. They feel connected, because he puts himself into his art like any artist does. The connection is one way, and filtered through the art, but many people honestly feel like kindred spirits.

That's the beauty of art- when the artist connects us to an emotion it is inherently personal. It's also the tragedy of art when the artist is very successful. Suddenly so many people feel connected that the artist gets bombarded by strangers.

I could never handle that, and I always understood that many artists would also hate that. It's not just invasive, it's overwhelming and even scary to get mobbed and surprised by people constantly.

From every report he was the kindest man and supremely giving, and I have no reason to doubt it.

Kudos to his support system for guarding their loved one, kudos to Neil for sharing more of himself with the world than anyone sane ever should, and again for continuing to share himself when faced with the fact that too many people keep demanding more.

Honestly I admire the support system he had. And honestly nothing speaks to who he really was more than that. If he was the cold unfeeling man he was reported to be (by people demanding he give more more more) then he would not have that support.

No one sold him out. No one gave him up. That means the people that knew him loved him. That says it all.

Edited by Mosher
  • Like 5

I find it strange there were no leaks in 3.5 years, and three days after the death. On FB page Renditions Fine Art, Framing, & Photography, Hugh let someone facetime with Neil after he bought a paintining. That was a couple of months ago.

I knew in 2019. Would never in a ZILLION YEARS say anything. Duh!! It's called privacy and human ethics!!! Something that most humans don't have anymore.

I still cried for two weeks when he passed. I'm still sad.

• Like 1

I find it strange there were no leaks in 3.5 years, and three days after the death. On FB page Renditions Fine Art, Framing, & Photography, Hugh let someone facetime with Neil after he bought a paintining. That was a couple of months ago.

I knew in 2019. Would never in a ZILLION YEARS say anything. Duh!! It's called privacy and human ethics!!! Something that most humans don't have anymore.

I still cried for two weeks when he passed. I'm still sad.

How utterly ironic.

Aww, RUSHHEAD666, I really didnt know that you were a part of this!! How my heart breaks all over again for you and Neil! But at the same time, happy that you both found peace as very sad to lose Neil this year. I, just liked Neil, am a very private person and only allow a very few into my life. But the love that we all on here have for Rush is very open to you all and others too. I know it hard but it will pass one day.

As for the news of Neil's untimely passing being private, that is great to see that such very few of Neil's life has respected his wishes to not make it very public and shared until that Friday of that same week. It is how every single person SHOULD do nowadays and not made public so that fans can storm into the funeral and take pics of the body lying there. OUTRAGEUS! It is very sad that we had to lose Neil so early this year, but, I, as we all, must do the best we can to overcome this, it will be very hard now that the 1st year is now here but it will lessen.

As for having social media, it is great, but way better to make/have your profiles set to private and only allowing family and friends only into your life, as I been very much bullied on there and sometimes on here too. Not going to name names but you know how you are on here and that is why I dont come on here too often as I would liked to. I understand that the humor on here is a wee bit dark for me but I just close myself off even more from here.

As for a topic of Neil's funeral (somewhere on here), I had said that Neil's family would not made his funeral public as seeing how very private Neil was, and one person on here ended up saying that I was "assuming" when it was very truth! Neil would not want fans going to see his grave at all. How would you liked it if a stranger ended up going to yours? Not great at all. That is why the post on that Friday of that same week said "donations to a Cancer Research in Neil's name" instead. Sorry if I had been ramblings on here too much. Just wanted to say what was on my mind here.