Your All-Time Favorite Photo Of Neil

Principled Man

6d3f93d42cbdc5415db509e2aa858425.jpg

I wish Neil stayed on his bike! Not his motorcycle. Neil was in such great shape!! He use to bike from Arco Arena Sacramento to Oakland Arena on a few tours. Amazing man.

I live very close to Mt. Diablo out here in the East Bay, I remember Neil mentioning it in once of his books. Biking up Mt. Diablo. It's one hell of a challenge.

I was a cyclist back then too. I biked up Mt. Diablo once. It was so awesome.

But on my first turn down the mountain my front tire hit a rock and my tire was toast.

I had to get in the back of a pick up truck and the ranger drove me down to the bottom of the mountain where I met my dad to drive me home.

I was pissed.

But it's life.................. No regrets.

I LOVE YOU NEIL!!!

• Like 4

I wish Neil stayed on his bike! Not his motorcycle. Neil was in such great shape!! He use to bike from Arco Arena Sacramento to Oakland Arena on a few tours. Amazing man.

I live very close to Mt. Diablo out here in the East Bay, I remember Neil mentioning it in once of his books. Biking up Mt. Diablo. It's one hell of a challenge.

But on my first turn down the mountain my front tire hit a rock and my tire was toast.

I had to get in the back of a pick up truck and the ranger drove me down to the bottom of the mountain where I met my dad to drive me home.

I was pissed.

I LOVE YOU NEIL!!!

I've done a lot of long distance cycling too! Once I rode from San Francisco to Los Angeles (over 7 days). I've done Mt. Baldy, but didn't make it all the way to the top. Climbing is hard! Haha. I love Neil on the road bike. He looks so handsome and fit in this pic too!

I love Neil.

• Like 3

I was pissed.

I LOVE YOU NEIL!!!

I've done a lot of long distance cycling too! Once I rode from San Francisco to Los Angeles (over 7 days). I've done Mt. Baldy, but didn't make it all the way to the top. Climbing is hard! Haha. I love Neil on the road bike. He looks so handsome and fit in this pic too!

I love Neil.

OMG! Holly!! That is so cool!!!

We have a connection!! My cycling passion way back then had nothing to do with Neil despite my true passion and love for the man back then in the very early 80's.

But I too did a 7 day trek!!

My parents forced me to go to these camps when I was in junior high and even as a Freshman. But I fell in love with drumming and cycling.

So I chose to do a cycling camp as a sophomore in high school. 1984!! "Grace Under Pressure" time. Pun intended! Lol!

So I biked from Santa Cruz all the way to Yosemite. It was soooooo much fun!!

Neil is a handsome gent! I've had so many parallels with him in my own personal life as a drummer, writer and cyclist. I was never trying to clone myself to be Neil it just happened naturally that way.

I still trip out my friends who have known me for 35 years.

I seriously looked just like Neil in the "Time Stand Still" video in his black tank top. Crazy!! I know.

So I have a very rare picture of Neil driving his BMW automobile. It's 3 of 25. Signed by Andrew in pencil.

It's a close up profile pic of Neil behind the wheel.

My oldest daughter and my friends think I look like Neil in that picture. Wild!!

I hope you don't think I'm insane and I have no filter Holly, but Neil is my mentor. My Musical and Poetic Hero.

That being said, I am sooooooooooo lucky. My dad is 82 going on 28. My other hero. My mom is 79 and doing just fine.

I'm just saying, Neil has molded my mortal life since the 7th grade.

I'm rambling. Hope you get me.

Life is short.

I LOVE NEIL!

• Like 3

I was pissed.

I LOVE YOU NEIL!!!

I love Neil.

We have a connection!! My cycling passion way back then had nothing to do with Neil despite my true passion and love for the man back then in the very early 80's.

But I too did a 7 day trek!!

My parents forced me to go to these camps when I was in junior high and even as a Freshman. But I fell in love with drumming and cycling.

So I chose to do a cycling camp as a sophomore in high school. 1984!! "Grace Under Pressure" time. Pun intended! Lol!

So I biked from Santa Cruz all the way to Yosemite. It was soooooo much fun!!

Neil is a handsome gent! I've had so many parallels with him in my own personal life as a drummer, writer and cyclist. I was never trying to clone myself to be Neil it just happened naturally that way.

I still trip out my friends who have known me for 35 years.

I seriously looked just like Neil in the "Time Stand Still" video in his black tank top. Crazy!! I know.

So I have a very rare picture of Neil driving his BMW automobile. It's 3 of 25. Signed by Andrew in pencil.

It's a close up profile pic of Neil behind the wheel.

My oldest daughter and my friends think I look like Neil in that picture. Wild!!

I hope you don't think I'm insane and I have no filter Holly, but Neil is my mentor. My Musical and Poetic Hero.

That being said, I am sooooooooooo lucky. My dad is 82 going on 28. My other hero. My mom is 79 and doing just fine.

I'm just saying, Neil has molded my mortal life since the 7th grade.

I'm rambling. Hope you get me.

Life is short.

I LOVE NEIL!

Wow, what a great story. I've always been a bike rider (had a paper route) but didn't really pick up road cycling until I was 40. I went full on into it. Did lots of 100 mile rides. Spent money on gear. I want to get back into it. I'm in good condition right now but haven't been riding. Maybe this summer I'll do a long ride.

• Like 2

I was pissed.

I LOVE YOU NEIL!!!

I love Neil.

But I too did a 7 day trek!! My parents forced me to go to these camps when I was in junior high and even as a Freshman. But I fell in love with drumming and cycling. So I chose to do a cycling camp as a sophomore in high school. 1984!! "Grace Under Pressure" time. Pun intended! Lol! So I biked from Santa Cruz all the way to Yosemite. It was soooooo much fun!! Neil is a handsome gent! I've had so many parallels with him in my own personal life as a drummer, writer and cyclist. I was never trying to clone myself to be Neil it just happened naturally that way. I still trip out my friends who have known me for 35 years. I seriously looked just like Neil in the "Time Stand Still" video in his black tank top. Crazy!! I know. So I have a very rare picture of Neil driving his BMW automobile. It's 3 of 25. Signed by Andrew in pencil. It's a close up profile pic of Neil behind the wheel.

My oldest daughter and my friends think I look like Neil in that picture. Wild!! I hope you don't think I'm insane and I have no filter Holly, but Neil is my mentor. My Musical and Poetic Hero. That being said, I am sooooooooooo lucky. My dad is 82 going on 28. My other hero. My mom is 79 and doing just fine.

I'm just saying, Neil has molded my mortal life since the 7th grade. I'm rambling. Hope you get me. Life is short. I LOVE NEIL!

Wow, what a great story. I've always been a bike rider (had a paper route) but didn't really pick up road cycling until I was 40. I went full on into it. Did lots of 100 mile rides. Spent money on gear. I want to get back into it. I'm in good condition right now but haven't been riding. Maybe this summer I'll do a long ride.

Best pic so far, Holly! And I thought the exact same thing as you, RH Treble-Six, when I saw it. Neil was the first person who ever put the idea of being an avid bike rider. Though we love to ride bikes as kids, I almost never rode to get places as a teenager, like school and such. Now as an oldie about the same age as both of you, I ride everywhere I go, even in the ice and snow on my standard old oldie bike. Ride in Peace, Professor. Better yet, pedal!

• Like 2

I was pissed.

I LOVE YOU NEIL!!!

I love Neil.

But I too did a 7 day trek!! My parents forced me to go to these camps when I was in junior high and even as a Freshman. But I fell in love with drumming and cycling. So I chose to do a cycling camp as a sophomore in high school. 1984!! "Grace Under Pressure" time. Pun intended! Lol! So I biked from Santa Cruz all the way to Yosemite. It was soooooo much fun!! Neil is a handsome gent! I've had so many parallels with him in my own personal life as a drummer, writer and cyclist. I was never trying to clone myself to be Neil it just happened naturally that way. I still trip out my friends who have known me for 35 years. I seriously looked just like Neil in the "Time Stand Still" video in his black tank top. Crazy!! I know. So I have a very rare picture of Neil driving his BMW automobile. It's 3 of 25. Signed by Andrew in pencil. It's a close up profile pic of Neil behind the wheel.

My oldest daughter and my friends think I look like Neil in that picture. Wild!! I hope you don't think I'm insane and I have no filter Holly, but Neil is my mentor. My Musical and Poetic Hero. That being said, I am sooooooooooo lucky. My dad is 82 going on 28. My other hero. My mom is 79 and doing just fine.

I'm just saying, Neil has molded my mortal life since the 7th grade. I'm rambling. Hope you get me. Life is short. I LOVE NEIL!

Best pic so far, Holly! And I thought the exact same thing as you, RH Treble-Six, when I saw it. Neil was the first person who ever put the idea of being an avid bike rider. Though we love to ride bikes as kids, I almost never rode to get places as a teenager, like school and such. Now as an oldie about the same age as both of you, I ride everywhere I go, even in the ice and snow on my standard old oldie bike. Ride in Peace, Professor. Better yet, pedal!

GLS!! YOU ROCK!!!

Keep on keeping on! Pedaling that is!!

I might give in and buy a mountain bike! I actually could bike up Mt. Diablo again from my home!! I'm 52 now, but I'm still in good shape. I need to get my ass back on a bike!!

RUSH ON!!

NEIL RULES!

• Like 2

I was pissed.

I LOVE YOU NEIL!!!

I love Neil.

GLS!! YOU ROCK!!!

I might give in and buy a mountain bike! I actually could bike up Mt. Diablo again from my home!! I'm 52 now, but I'm still in good shape. I need to get my ass back on a bike!!

RUSH ON!!

NEIL RULES!

I have to chime in here as well- I used to do a LOT of cycling when I was younger...in fact (Earl, you’ll appreciate this), my dad and I did a century ride together in 1988- we logged about 3500 miles that summer, training for it, and the ride was in Hancock County, up in northwest Ohio (the Hancock Horizontal Hundred)...we were going along pretty well, but my dad started to slow down some at about 80-85 miles into it. So I asked him if he minded if I went on ahead and finished ahead of him, on my own...I remember it, I finished in like six hours and ten minutes. I was 15 years old, Dad was in his early 40s.

Now that I’ll be 47 in a couple of months, I understand totally why my dad started slowing down when he did, haha...but he’s still keeps in great shape, he’s almost 75 now, still wakes up at 4:00 AM on his own, without an alarm clock or anything, and works out on his own equipment at home, and then goes swimming at the rec center at like 5:30 before going to work.

• Like 2

I was pissed.

I LOVE YOU NEIL!!!

I love Neil.

GLS!! YOU ROCK!!!

RUSH ON!!

NEIL RULES!

I have to chime in here as well- I used to do a LOT of cycling when I was younger...in fact (Earl, you’ll appreciate this), my dad and I did a century ride together in 1988- we logged about 3500 miles that summer, training for it, and the ride was in Hancock County, up in northwest Ohio (the Hancock Horizontal Hundred)...we were going along pretty well, but my dad started to slow down some at about 80-85 miles into it. So I asked him if he minded if I went on ahead and finished ahead of him, on my own...I remember it, I finished in like six hours and ten minutes. I was 15 years old, Dad was in his early 40s.

Now that I’ll be 47 in a couple of months, I understand totally why my dad started slowing down when he did, haha...but he’s still keeps in great shape, he’s almost 75 now, still wakes up at 4:00 AM on his own, without an alarm clock or anything, and works out on his own equipment at home, and then goes swimming at the rec center at like 5:30 before going to work.

That's awesome buddy! Your dad ROCKS too!!

• Like 1