Sirius XM

Laurabw

Heard Lock and Key, High Water, You Bet Your Life, Afterimage, Lamneth, Best I Can, Hemispheres, Red Barchetta, Limelight, The Camera Eye, Big Money, Manhattan Project, 2112, Marathon, Distant Early Warning, Red Sector A.....on my drives today.

The variety has been excellent.

Edited by Todem

OK, I shouldn't complain, but these so-called "Deep Tracks" are yet to be that deep, and if this is Carol Miller who's DJing, she said "Purt." I mean, really?

Listening and enjoying anyway, but come on, give me some tracks that make me go "WOW!"

I couldnt agree more. I listen to Deep Tracks frequently but I have always disliked it since the XM merger. They play way too many obscure bands and tracks that really do not fit the theme of the channel. Its actually quite frustrating.

Sometimes they surprise me but not often. If you were a subscriber before the merger then you may remember "The Vault" which was awesome. It was basically what "Deep Tracks" should be but for some reason they eliminated "The Vault" along with some other channels during the merger and it's never been the same since.

Same goes for Jam On channel. They moved it to their online channel lineup and most radios cannot receive it anymore and they replaced it with the Phish channel...I mean, seriously...I dont mind Phish sometimes but to eliminate Jam On just sucked. It had way more diversity and i enjoyed it way more.

With that being said, the next best thing in my opinion that it compares to "The Vault" is the "Sirius Comes Alive" channel which plays a lot of "deeper" tracks but are live. Unfortunately it is on their upper channel lineup that is online online and supposedly on some newer radios.

My only issue with the tribute channel is them playing songs from the first album. If this was a permanent channel, sure. But as a limited time tribute channel celebrating Neil, songs he didn't play on should be excluded. Also I have not heard a song from an album later than Presto myself.

This crossed my mind as well. Although I love hearing Rush regardless, but yeah, I would prefer to hear Neil and some better tracks than the typical ones. Im pretty sure I have heard some later songs though but still its minimal.

Let's make this permanent.

https://www.change.o...use_react=false

Petition signed. Don't know if there's any reasonable chance of them giving Rush a dedicated channel .. but that would be amazing if they did.

Although I am sure they will eventually dedicate a channel to Rush, I would not be surprised if this takes another year or two. I heard one of the DJs a few years back talking about it on the air. Im pretty sure it was Kristine Stone but she was saying that Sirius was going to do a Rush channel but it takes a very long time to happen and even said it can take years to create a dedicated channel but frankly I dont buy it. They can pop on a channel for the Beatles, one for Bruce, Phish, Dave Matthews, Billy Joel, etc., in a no time but no Rush??? I dont get it but the other thing is....even if they do, it wont last forever. Even though I feel it could. They just wont play all the material and certainly wouldn't play anything outside of their studio material and probably a little bit of the official live material at best so you will probably will get sick of the channel rather quickly. Now I really hope I am wrong here but this is just how Sirius seems to go.

• Like 1

Heard Lock and Key, High Water, You Bet Your Life, Afterimage, Lamneth, Best I Can, Hemispheres, Red Barchetta, Limelight, The Camera Eye, Big Money, Manhattan Project, 2112, Marathon, Distant Early Warning, Red Sector A.....on my drives today.

The variety has been excellent.

They were playing Camera Eye when I got out of my truck this morning, and when I left work in the evening....they were playing Camera Eye. :LOL:

OK, I shouldn't complain, but these so-called "Deep Tracks" are yet to be that deep, and if this is Carol Miller who's DJing, she said "Purt." I mean, really?

Listening and enjoying anyway, but come on, give me some tracks that make me go "WOW!"

I couldnt agree more. I listen to Deep Tracks frequently but I have always disliked it since the XM merger. They play way too many obscure bands and tracks that really do not fit the theme of the channel. Its actually quite frustrating.

Sometimes they surprise me but not often. If you were a subscriber before the merger then you may remember "The Vault" which was awesome. It was basically what "Deep Tracks" should be but for some reason they eliminated "The Vault" along with some other channels during the merger and it's never been the same since.

Same goes for Jam On channel. They moved it to their online channel lineup and most radios cannot receive it anymore and they replaced it with the Phish channel...I mean, seriously...I dont mind Phish sometimes but to eliminate Jam On just sucked. It had way more diversity and i enjoyed it way more.

With that being said, the next best thing in my opinion that it compares to "The Vault" is the "Sirius Comes Alive" channel which plays a lot of "deeper" tracks but are live. Unfortunately it is on their upper channel lineup that is online online and supposedly on some newer radios.

My only issue with the tribute channel is them playing songs from the first album. If this was a permanent channel, sure. But as a limited time tribute channel celebrating Neil, songs he didn't play on should be excluded. Also I have not heard a song from an album later than Presto myself.

This crossed my mind as well. Although I love hearing Rush regardless, but yeah, I would prefer to hear Neil and some better tracks than the typical ones. Im pretty sure I have heard some later songs though but still its minimal.

Let's make this permanent.

https://www.change.o...use_react=false

Petition signed. Don't know if there's any reasonable chance of them giving Rush a dedicated channel .. but that would be amazing if they did.

Although I am sure they will eventually dedicate a channel to Rush, I would not be surprised if this takes another year or two. I heard one of the DJs a few years back talking about it on the air. Im pretty sure it was Kristine Stone but she was saying that Sirius was going to do a Rush channel but it takes a very long time to happen and even said it can take years to create a dedicated channel but frankly I dont buy it. They can pop on a channel for the Beatles, one for Bruce, Phish, Dave Matthews, Billy Joel, etc., in a no time but no Rush??? I dont get it but the other thing is....even if they do, it wont last forever. Even though I feel it could. They just wont play all the material and certainly wouldn't play anything outside of their studio material and probably a little bit of the official live material at best so you will probably will get sick of the channel rather quickly. Now I really hope I am wrong here but this is just how Sirius seems to go.

Their might be a little bit of truth to it taking awhile as it did seem to take a long time for them to finally do a committed Tom Petty channel. It seemed inevitable after being played to death on Classic Rewind and having his own Buried Treasure show but they only did it after he died. Plus I read that management and labels are involved in getting it off the ground which is why it took so long for the Beatles to get on board. They also ran into trouble when Fleetwood Mac fired Lindsey Buckingham and it caused a big delay in the launch date. Could be a somewhat parallel path for Rush

Plus the channels they do bring back (Billy Joel, DMB) seemed to be canned with the same stories and guest spots (how many times do I have to hear Don Henley talk about Billy?) Once they get started it's no problem.

Edited by yyzjam
  • Like 1

>>Plus the channels they do bring back (Billy Joel, DMB) seemed to be canned with the same stories and guest spots (how many times do I have to hear Don Henley talk about Billy?)

How many times do I have to listen to Billy talk about how he constructed Scenes From an Italian Restaurant from a handful of unrelated song ideas?

Last night I heard Ghost Rider, Fountain of Lamneth, Tai Shan, and Face Up (among others). Don't think I've ever heard those songs on the radio before. I like that there is so much variety. Wish they would keep the station around, maybe mix in other progressive rock and influences.
  • Like 2

Jim Ladd said the channel ends tomorrow. :(

Well, it did not end yesterday as Jim Ladd said it would. As of this morning, it's still going strong. I wonder if they are extending it based on demand or significantly higher number of listeners?

The downside is that they are playing the David Fricke show to death

Jim Ladd said the channel ends tomorrow. :(

Well, it did not end yesterday as Jim Ladd said it would. As of this morning, it's still going strong. I wonder if they are extending it based on demand or significantly higher number of listeners?

The downside is that they are playing the David Fricke show to death

...and he keeps mispronouncing his name as "PERT" instead of "PEER-T" :rage:

• Like 2

>>Plus the channels they do bring back (Billy Joel, DMB) seemed to be canned with the same stories and guest spots (how many times do I have to hear Don Henley talk about Billy?)

How many times do I have to listen to Billy talk about how he constructed Scenes From an Italian Restaurant from a handful of unrelated song ideas?

They had a limited run Elton John channel ten years ago, were playing all kinds of deep cuts and obscurities only the fans would know for about a week or so. (I'm also a big EJ fan). Since he's got 5 decades of material to choose from, I don't know why they never ran it again or just give him his own channel

• Like 1

From RTB I've heard Ghost, WMT?, Heresy, Face Up so far

Nothing at all from CP or Test or Snakes which is odd

Ghost Rider and OLV from VT

Title track and Headlong Flight from Clockwork

I was reminded how average a song by Rush standards Ghost Rider is ...I respect Neil's backstory to the lyrics but it goes on too long and there's no hook to it to make it stick in your head.

Edited by jnoble

From RTB I've heard Ghost, WMT?, Heresy, Face Up so far

Nothing at all from CP or Test or Snakes which is odd

Ghost Rider and OLV from VT

Heard Far Cry yesterday.

• Like 1

It's interesting that they are totally ignoring Counterparts and Test for Echo. Counterparts, in particular, has some real gems.

I'm baffled by how many times I've heard Tears. Of all the songs....really?

I haven't heard any whole tracks from those two either. I have heard the jam portion of Test For Echo in one of the lead ins to the station promo, but that's it.

It's interesting that they are totally ignoring Counterparts and Test for Echo. Counterparts, in particular, has some real gems.

I'm baffled by how many times I've heard Tears. Of all the songs....really?

They really seem to enjoy playing In The End often as well

Jim Ladd just announced they have extended the Rush tribute channel to next Wednesday. How many times have they decided to extend it? It’s kind of amusing how they keep changing the date. I believe it speaks to the listening audience they are getting and the demand in general for it to keep going.

They really should just make it permanent and be done with it. There’s clearly going to be a high demand for quite a while...

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone

Finally heard a CP song yesterday - Nobody's Hero. Agreed about there being some great tunes on that album that should get some airplay.

Jim Ladd just announced they have extended the Rush tribute channel to next Wednesday. How many times have they decided to extend it? It’s kind of amusing how they keep changing the date. I believe it speaks to the listening audience they are getting and the demand in general for it to keep going.

They really should just make it permanent and be done with it. There’s clearly going to be a high demand for quite a while...

Wow! I heard at one point yesterday that they were only extending it to Sunday!

Was sitting waiting for my wife to get out of an appointment, and heard the whole Fountain of Lamneth on the channel! I can now say I've heard EVERYTHING from Caress of Steel on it!

• Like 1