Grammys - will they mention anything about Neil Pearts death?

GodandTime

I’m watching it. Ariana Grande looks like one of those things you put over the rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom.. and Billie Porter is wearing a blue lampshade on his head. I can’t even.
  • Like 2

I found the 62nd Annual Grammy Awards program book posted here.

Neil gets a mention in the 'In Memoriam' section.

yes along with the other 1500 people associated with the music biz - quite the tribute.

Just like the rarhof - Rush is too good for this spectacle, my preference is that there is no mention of Neil - his name should not be uttered by anyone associated with the grammys

I doubt they will mention Neil at the Grammys. They will probably show his face for 2 seconds when they do their In Memoriam spiel and that's about it. It is the Grammys after all. They never cared about Neil or any of the other members of Rush while they were all alive. Why would they give a crap now?

I don't really care about the Grammys anymore. This is the same group of idiots who nominated Lizzo for an award and never handed out a trophy to Queen, The Who or Jimi Hendrix. They're a JOKE!!

To be fair, Lizzo is good and deserving of a prize. It's more the nominations they give out to complete hacks or their cop-out prizes given for the sake of not choosing anyone too controversial that keep me uninterested.

• Like 2

I’m watching it. Ariana Grande looks like one of those things you put over the rolls of toilet paper in the bathroom.. and Billie Porter is wearing a blue lampshade on his head. I can’t even.

Yeah, all I could think about Ariana Grande was I hope she doesn't have to use the bathroom!

• Like 2

Yeah, all I could think about Ariana Grande was I hope she doesn't have to use the bathroom!

:LOL: !

• Like 1

I'm watching the show in the hope that they remember Neil Peart and Ric Ocasek Edited by librarian
  • Like 2

I'm watching the show in the hope that they remember Neil Peart and Ric Ocasek

Me too.

Embarrassing to watch this boring and mundane show. It was cool that Alicia Keys said some nice words about Kobe.

So much hip hop, ballads and country. Ugh.

I will confess I'm excited about RUN DMC and Aerosmith performing.

I saw RUN DMC with LL COOL J and WHODINI. I see LL is in the crowd.

I am sure they will show a picture of Neill and Rik.......

• Like 1

Tool drummer Danny Carey gave props to Neil Peart upon the band's Grammy Award win for Best Metal Performance.

“As artists, we’re all influenced by people who come before us, and for me, it’s all the great drum gods,” he told the audience. “Namely John Bonham, Tony Williams, and recently, my good friend Neil Peart. This is for all of you guys.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4qsSgHKcRE

On a side note, I'm glad country music legend Tanya Tucker won her first Grammy Awards for Best Country Album and Best Country Song. I grew up listening to her courtesy of my father.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 6

Neil Peart didn't make this "Grammy" list but Ginger Baker did.

https://www.msn.com/...rtanntp#image=1

Look at the date of the article.

A lot of people here thinking with their hearts instead of their heads. If they mention him, why should he warrant more recognition than any other music industry person? Try to be objective.

Anyone in the music industry who passes away should be mentioned. Musicians, engineers, producers.

A lot of people here thinking with their hearts instead of their heads. If they mention him, why should he warrant more recognition than any other music industry person? Try to be objective.

Anyone in the music industry who passes away should be mentioned. Musicians, engineers, producers.

And fans! :cheerleader:

• Like 1

Aerosmith was the only thing I've really liked. Seemed like the audience liked them the best too.

Was Joey Kramer happy with it though?

Finally something of substance on the Grammys. The Aerosmith RUN DMC Reunion was AWESOME!! RUN and DMC looked great! Nice Kobe jersey held up on stage.

RIP JAM MASTER JAY!!!

• Like 2

Aerosmith was the only thing I've really liked. Seemed like the audience liked them the best too.

Finally something of substance on the Grammys. The Aerosmith RUN DMC Reunion was AWESOME!! RUN and DMC looked great! Nice Kobe jersey held up on stage.

RIP JAM MASTER JAY!!!

What about JOEY????

RIP JAM MASTER JAY!!!

What about JOEY????

There is no JOEY!!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

RIP JAM MASTER JAY!!!

What about JOEY????

There is no JOEY!!!

Are they still using that drum tech instead?

RIP JAM MASTER JAY!!!

What about JOEY????

There is no JOEY!!!

They just showed Neil!!! I hugged my TV!!!!!!! Neil got a fill in!! I'm happy!

• Like 2

RIP JAM MASTER JAY!!!

What about JOEY????

There is no JOEY!!!

I don't know buddy.

RIP JAM MASTER JAY!!!

What about JOEY????

There is no JOEY!!!

They just showed Neil!!! I hugged my TV!!!!!!! Neil got a fill in!! I'm happy!

What did they show? And what did they say?