Grammys - will they mention anything about Neil Pearts death?

GodandTime

Aerosmith was the only thing I've really liked. Seemed like the audience liked them the best too.

Was Joey Kramer happy with it though?

Finally something of substance on the Grammys. The Aerosmith RUN DMC Reunion was AWESOME!! RUN and DMC looked great! Nice Kobe jersey held up on stage.

RIP JAM MASTER JAY!!!

What about JOEY????

There is no JOEY!!!

Are they still using that drum tech instead?

I don't know buddy.

From what I hear he's out, in just the same way Bill Ward was out on the final Sabbath album and tours, and for the same reason.

There was a brief mention of Neil on the screen along with other musicians and people in the industry who have passed away. They just showed footage of Neil playing a drum solo with words that said something like "rock drummer, lyricist" and that's about it. I thought mayabe they would play a Rush song instead of a drum solo but at least he was recognized. Also, they could have mentioned Rush and while I might have missed it since it was brief I don't think Rush was mentioned.

Aerosmith was the only thing I've really liked. Seemed like the audience liked them the best too.

Finally something of substance on the Grammys. The Aerosmith RUN DMC Reunion was AWESOME!! RUN and DMC looked great! Nice Kobe jersey held up on stage.

RIP JAM MASTER JAY!!!

What about JOEY????

There is no JOEY!!!

I don't know buddy.

From what I hear he's out, in just the same way Bill Ward was out on the final Sabbath album and tours, and for the same reason.

No, I don't think Joey Kramer is out of the band for good; he was just banned from playing at the grammy's and the rehearsal for it. However, if he leaves the band that's up to him but I doubt that will happen(unless he's kicked out and I don't think that will actually happen)..

Tool drummer Danny Carey gave props to Neil Peart upon the band's Grammy Award win for Best Metal Performance.

“As artists, we’re all influenced by people who come before us, and for me, it’s all the great drum gods,” he told the audience. “Namely John Bonham, Tony Williams, and recently, my good friend Neil Peart. This is for all of you guys.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4qsSgHKcRE

On a side note, I'm glad country music legend Tanya Tucker won her first Grammy Awards for Best Country Album and Best Country Song. I grew up listening to her courtesy of my father.

More great news!!!!!!! YES!!

RIP JAM MASTER JAY!!!

What about JOEY????

There is no JOEY!!!

They just showed Neil!!! I hugged my TV!!!!!!! Neil got a fill in!! I'm happy!

What did they show? And what did they say?

They said nothing my friend.

A 3 second drum solo clip. Then a younger pic in black and white with everyone that passed.....

• Like 1

Insulting and repulsive. Neil Peart gets a flash of a photo in a brief "In Memoriam" segment, the same as late drummers Hal Blaine and Ginger Baker. Hal Blaine played drums on hundreds of hit songs that everyone has heard on the radio throughout the past four decades and Ginger Baker is a music and drumming legend. And then, of course, Neil Peart. Nothing but disrespect for three incredible drummers and, in Neil's case, the absolute greatest rock drummer of all time and one of the greatest drummers of all time (period).

if that blip were any smaller, we would missed it completely - disrespectful

Insulting and repulsive. Neil Peart gets a flash of a photo in a brief "In Memoriam" segment, the same as late drummers Hal Blaine and Ginger Baker. Hal Blaine played drums on hundreds of hit songs that everyone has heard on the radio throughout the past four decades and Ginger Baker is a music and drumming legend. And then, of course, Neil Peart. Nothing but disrespect for three incredible drummers and, in Neil's case, the absolute greatest rock drummer of all time and one of the greatest drummers of all time (period).

It's people like you that gave Neil nightmares. By your reasoning, they were "disrespectful" or "insulting and repulsive" to everyone they mentioned. JFC.

• Like 3

It's people like you that gave Neil nightmares. By your reasoning, they were "disrespectful" or "insulting and repulsive" to everyone they mentioned. JFC.

Absolutely not. I am not disrespecting anyone who received recognition other than Neil Peart, Hal Blaine, and Ginger Baker. My point is proportionality: for the contribution that those three drummers and, especially, Neil Peart provided they got far too little recognition. And that doesn't betray Neil Peart's humble nature in his case specifically: it acknowledges his true contribution to music and culture at large.

Absolutely not. I am not disrespecting anyone who received recognition other than Neil Peart, Hal Blaine, and Ginger Baker. My point is proportionality: for the contribution that those three drummers and, especially, Neil Peart provided they got far too little recognition. And that doesn't betray Neil Peart's humble nature in his case specifically: it acknowledges his true contribution to music and culture at large.

DK, I understand what you are trying to say, but in my mind it was more than I thought Neil was going to get. It wasn't just a pic. It was a 3 second video clip. Then with everyone else at the end black and white photos of everyone gone. Pure Class and I have the Grammys!

I was shocked to see OZZY and Sharon tonight. I was happy for a second but wow, I am so sad about OZZY, yet he still is a medical "Miracle Man."

I was really looking forward to seeing him in July but I don't see how he will perform.

As for Sharon I can't stand the bitch but she looked good.

It was sweet seeing them kiss on stage and express their love for each other.

Even though in my mind I thought about how Sharon used to fuckk Randy Rhoads in the back of the bus.

I know they have an open marriage. Just saying....

I guess some of you have never seen an In Memoriam before if this is so insulting. Hint: they all look this way, the Grammys, the Oscars, etc.

Exactly this. And anyway the bulk of the Grammys' audience won't have had a clue who he was.

• Like 2

I guess some of you have never seen an In Memoriam before if this is so insulting. Hint: they all look this way, the Grammys, the Oscars, etc.

Exactly this. And anyway the bulk of the Grammys' audience won't have had a clue who he was.

"Idiots Rule"

Signed,

Jane's Addiction

Anyone in the music business should always be educating themselves in all genres of the art form.

It's bullshit to me.

Music is a Universal Landscape.

Learn it despite musical differences and tastes.

I know I have daughters but I've learned a lot from them. I hate modern country but I listen to it. I would never buy it.

I mean I never heard of H.E.R. tonight. Yet she dazzled me with her piano and guitar playing. Beautiful voice and incredible make up.

I would never buy it. But I enjoyed it in that moment.

I've seen Nirvana twice in my life. Yet was never really a big fan. They were great live.

Never was or will be a Foo Fighters Fan.

Yet I love Dave Grohl. Not because him and Taylor inducted RUSH. But because Dave saved that big mixing board and there is a film about it.

Incredible.

My point is, we as music fans should open up our brains to as much as we can until we all die.

I've tried to listen to every record on the Earth. It's impossible.

But I try.

RUSH ON!

It was good to see him there, drumming away along with Ginger Baker and Hal Blaine. At least he didn't get pushed to the next Grammys. :facepalm:

I didn't see this but it was awarded while many were still out on the Red Carpet

Tool got Best Metal Performance and Danny Carey mentioned Neil

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

I was shocked to see OZZY and Sharon tonight. I was happy for a second but wow, I am so sad about OZZY, yet he still is a medical "Miracle Man."

I was really looking forward to seeing him in July but I don't see how he will perform.

Even though in my mind I thought about how Sharon used to fuckk Randy Rhoads in the back of the bus.

I have a ticket in July as well, Portland OR. Where yo seeing it? Mine was for last year's show that he obviously postponed. I'm already unhappy with Marilyn Manson replacing Megadeth and now hearing Ozzy still looks in bad shape I may sell. It's a great seat, like 9th row floor but a single so hard to say if I can find a buyer if I do decide to forgo the show.

• Like 1

I have a ticket in July as well, Portland OR. Where yo seeing it? Mine was for last year's show that he obviously postponed. I'm already unhappy with Marilyn Manson replacing Megadeth and now hearing Ozzy still looks in bad shape I may sell. It's a great seat, like 9th row floor but a single so hard to say if I can find a buyer if I do decide to forgo the show.

Cool man! I may sell too! I'm seeing him in Mountain View Ca.

On a side note, I read that all the Canadian acts who were nominated for Grammy Awards didn't win.

However one Canadian did get to shine in the spotlight.

Canadian blues roots music veteran Colin Linden co-produced American Keb' Mo's record Oklahoma, winner of the Best Americana Album, and the pair took to the stage to accept it together, prior to the televised part of the ceremony.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWINKOrgtTg

Colin Linden met Howlin' Wolf at age 11, which is what influenced his musical path as a solo artist. Linden has toured with Bruce Cockburn, Bob Dylan, collaborated with The Band, and was part of an unreleased Robert Plant and Allison Krauss follow-up album that didn't happen.

Other than the Neil Peart mention by Danny Carey of Tool and the 'In Memoriam' tribute, this is the only other Grammy related thing I cared about.