Grammys - will they mention anything about Neil Pearts death?

GodandTime

Yes, I have zero doubt he will be in their In Memoriam.

But the large majority of people in the building will probably not know who he is.

• Like 1

Speaking of television. I just emailed Viacom and asked why there is nothing on MTV or Classics, like a Rush Day or something, one day is all i ask. I would be thankful to see respect for the man and the band out there - soothe some unresolved feelings out there for fans such as myself. Grrrrrrrr....

f**k the Grammys as for Neil I’m sure he wouldn’t want any picture or mention which is fine by me.
  • Like 1

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but I did here Tom Sawyer going to commercial during the Niners/Vikings game today. No accident I'm guessing...

There were several Rush tunes going into commercials during the games yesterday. Glad someone in the production area was paying attention.

• Like 1

He might get his pic or a small vid clip (whatever they do at such events) but it wouldn't surprise me if he's skipped over completely. Anyone expecting anything else on the main show is out of touch with reality. He might get something more in the untelevised part but I highly doubt that too.

He might get his pic or a small vid clip (whatever they do at such events) but it wouldn't surprise me if he's skipped over completely. Anyone expecting anything else on the main show is out of touch with reality. He might get something more in the untelevised part but I highly doubt that too.

It’ll be a still photo with his name. He will be in their In Memoriam with other industry folks who have passed. Guarantee it. It likely will be nothing more than that though.

It’ll be a still photo with his name. He will be in their In Memoriam with other industry folks who have passed. Guarantee it. It likely will be nothing more than that though.

As it should be. He means more to many of us, but no need to highlight him further for the rest of the world.

I certainly have no interest in watching.

Hopefully, he'll be mentioned on CBS Sunday Morning, a show actually worth watching.

All they did was post a 20 second spot going into commercial featuring a couple of pictures while playing the end of Limelight. They gave a two minute tribute to Buck Henry.

From the Los Angeles Times.

Neil Peart, drummer for Rush, dies at 67

“He was a rare breed: For starters, how many drummers played drums and wrote lyrics?” asked Robert Santelli, founding executive director of the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles and coauthor, with E Street Band drummer Max Weinberg, of the 2004 book “The Big Beat: Conversations with Rock’s Greatest Drummers.”

“Neil was a very sophisticated, literate drummer whose lyrics were as unique and definitive as his drum style,” Santelli said. “He represented an era in rock ’n’ roll when complexity, sophistication and highly expressive, very mature playing with commitment to detail was what it was all about. The right drummer with the right band is always crucial, and he was exactly the right drummer for what Rush’s music needed.”

• Like 1

Grammys are not the time or place. I can't remember the last time I watched or cared about them.

The last thing on Neil's mind when writing a song is whether he would get a f***ing mini statue for it.

The Grammys are a joke and didn't have the time or decency to honour Rush while Neil Peart was alive and I have no confidence that the Grammys will carve out precious air time to honour a true musical and literary genius like Neil now because, in their eyes, they need to preserve that air time for lip-synching clowns who have never held a musical instrument (mic drop).
  • Like 9

The Grammys are a joke and didn't have the time or decency to honour Rush while Neil Peart was alive and I have no confidence that the Grammys will carve out precious air time to honour a true musical and literary genius like Neil now because, in their eyes, they need to preserve that air time for lip-synching clowns who have never held a musical instrument (mic drop).

The Simpsons commentary on the Grammys:

Edited by ctbadger

The fact is they acknowledge most of the industry folks who pass away, including producers and engineers and session players too, none of which they honor on any kind of regular basis.

• Like 3

I doubt they will mention Neil at the Grammys. They will probably show his face for 2 seconds when they do their In Memoriam spiel and that's about it. It is the Grammys after all. They never cared about Neil or any of the other members of Rush while they were all alive. Why would they give a crap now?

I don't really care about the Grammys anymore. This is the same group of idiots who nominated Lizzo for an award and never handed out a trophy to Queen, The Who or Jimi Hendrix. They're a JOKE!!

Edited by Krystal

Much like I don't think Rush concerned themselves with the years of omission from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I suspect they aren't concerned with Grammy recognition or omission. That said, I'd expect the Grammys will include his name among those who passed. Edited by Phantom