Grammys - will they mention anything about Neil Pearts death?

GodandTime

If only a 3sec pic of "Artists we lost this past year".... it will be interesting to audibly hear the reaction of the fake-ass narcissistic weak-minded coke-snorting Hipsters beautiful ppl (lol). Probably only the older ProductionCrew will applaud Edited by GodandTime
  • Like 1

I certainly have no interest in watching.

Hopefully, he'll be mentioned on CBS Sunday Morning, a show actually worth watching.

• Like 2

The Grammys? That's still a thing?

It ranks right up there with the Miss America pageant and the NFL Pro Bowl! :LOL:

• Like 7

The Grammy's have posted something about Neil's passing quoting Rolling Stone here.

"O'Baterista' from Rush In Rio was nominated for the 2004 'Best Rock Instrumental Performance', but lost to Brian Wilson's 'Mrs. O'Leary's Cow'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEQ-yZt_tFA

Neil mentioned that's the Grammy nomination he's most proud of in his book Far and Wide: Bring That Horizon to Me!

He attended the 2005 Grammy's with Ray Danniels and their wives.

What's interesting is that Brian Wilson paid his respects to Neil on Twitter here.

Edited by RushFanForever

The Grammys? That's still a thing?

Not to swerve off the side of the off topic road but for the first time since "Pulp Fiction" I am looking forward to the Oscars. Pulling to "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood." Brilliant.

"One Upon A Time In Rushland" there was this amazing drummer and lyricist named Neil Ellwood Peart. The greatest who ever lived, and will live within me for all eternity.......................................................

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but I did here Tom Sawyer going to commercial during the Niners/Vikings game today. No accident I'm guessing...
  • Like 3

Let me know if they do...

I will be on top of it every day and night. I have great sources too.

Much appreciated. I wouldn't watch it at gunpoint...

Not sure if anyone mentioned it but I did here Tom Sawyer going to commercial during the Niners/Vikings game today. No accident I'm guessing...

The entire world is mourning the loss of Neil. It breaks my heart, yet the outpouring of love will heal my heart and make it stronger. I want to play my drums at least into my 80's! :)

If I'm like my dad when I'm 82 it will be a piece of cake!

• Like 1

Sorry Narps. I was confused. I thought you were interested about a public memorial for Neil or a tribute concert for him.

• Like 1

The entire world is mourning the loss of Neil. It breaks my heart, yet the outpouring of love will heal my heart and make it stronger. I want to play my drums at least into my 80's! :)

That's a beautiful thing. My dad is 86 and still singing in front of people and really well too. Not easy for someone who been doing it all his life. Drumming seems quite the physical endeavor to be doing at that age. Kudos to your dad...
  • Like 1

That's a beautiful thing. My dad is 86 and still singing in front of people and really well too. Not easy for someone who been doing it all his life. Drumming seems quite the physical endeavor to be doing at that age. Kudos to your dad...

Thank you my friend! My dad rocks like yours! Just look at Tony Bennett. Incredible at 91. Kudos to your dad too! We hit the human lottery!

• Like 1

Sorry Narps. I was confused. I thought you were interested about a public memorial for Neil or a tribute concert for him.

Oh no. I meant the Grammys I wouldn't watch. A tribute to Neal would be great...
  • Like 2

Oh man, I must confess I'm confused. I thought I was on the Public Memorial Tribute Concert Thread. I am so sorry. I have never been so discombobulated because of this tragedy. I'm obviously out of it. I went to the store today to go shopping and find the local newspaper for Neil's article. I found four of them. Incredible article.

Anyway when I got home my front door was ajar. I forgot to lock it. Ugh......

Oh no. I meant the Grammys I wouldn't watch. A tribute to Neal would be great...

Haha! I just realized that Narps. I'm sorry. I am really a sad human but I am a lot better today!

• Like 1

He'll be mentioned in the memorial part, but I have absolutely no faith in the music industry that they will do anything highlighted or specific.

Would be a lovely gesture though.

Remember Under a Raging Moon? Maybe something like that will happen ...later.