Posthumous writings?

Papa Emeritus

A couple of us mentioned this in the big thread but wanted to post it separately to see what others thoughts are.

Do you think Neil wrote something - a letter, a book - about his battle (f*ck cancer) with the plan for it to be published posthumously? I obviously have no knowledge one way or the other, but I believe he likely did write something and that we will get to read it when the time is right (whenever that may be).

I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have written something about what he was going through. Whether or not we ever have a chance to read those words is the bigger question. He could have very well written something for his family and friends to remember him by and that's it.
  • Like 3

I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have written something about what he was going through. Whether or not we ever have a chance to read those words is the bigger question. He could have very well written something for his family and friends to remember him by and that's it.

Provided that was what he wanted or was able to do.

Geddy mentioned in a couple of interviews that Neil was working on a book before his passing.

Maybe a few lines of reflective writing that would sound good accompanying drop d.

My opinion is that chronic illnesses, especially cancer, are horribly physically and emotionally draining. If he did have any will to get something done he may well have put it toward spending time with friends and family instead of writing. Writing was a huge part of him though; for the sake of those that would find meaning in it I hope he will leave something. RIP, Neil. ❤❤❤ Edited by blueschica