Just wanted to say hi...

Necromancer

So, I haven't been here in quite awhile, but on this sad day, I couldn't think of a place I'd rather be than TRF. This was my first online home filled with fellow Rush fans. Me and my wife, CeeJ, made so many lifelong friends due to this place. REAL LIFE friends as well as online friends who've we stayed in touch through different mediums since meeting here, sharing our love for the greatest band of all time.

So after an all night binge of listening to Rush, still going on btw, and mourning this great loss, I decided to check in here and share in the grief, as well as share in the past interactions we had with all you wonderful folks. It's been very therapeutic in only a brief time. We've been smiling and laughing at some of the craziness we were a part of over the years. What a crazy place this could be. After being a Rush fan since I was in sixth grade, I always felt alone, or in a very small minority of music fans that "got it". Finding this place finally made me realize i wasn't alone in it all. The great people here got me through a lot of bad times in my life, and ultimately that is all due to Rush being the band they are, and the people who respond to their greatness.

We share in this tragedy and loss today, but we are so grateful for the music and the lyrics that Neil conveyed to us that brought us all together. No matter what anyone on here disagrees on, we're ALL united in our common love for the incredible gift of music they've given us. So let's try to rejoice a bit in that.

My condolences to all my fellow Rush "geeks" during this terrible time. I love ya's all. <3

I think about you and CeeJ a lot! I miss you guys. I miss the old days of TRF. It was so amazing and fun.

The old days of TRF. Sheesh! It sounds like some legendary time in the days of yore. :D

A few of us had nothing better to do and never left :P

Cool to see many of you old schoolers roaming the halls :cheers:

:blaze:

I never left. I like it here. They have cheese. Free cheese.

Good gouda

So, I haven't been here in quite awhile, but on this sad day, I couldn't think of a place I'd rather be than TRF. This was my first online home filled with fellow Rush fans. Me and my wife, CeeJ, made so many lifelong friends due to this place. REAL LIFE friends as well as online friends who've we stayed in touch through different mediums since meeting here, sharing our love for the greatest band of all time.

So after an all night binge of listening to Rush, still going on btw, and mourning this great loss, I decided to check in here and share in the grief, as well as share in the past interactions we had with all you wonderful folks. It's been very therapeutic in only a brief time. We've been smiling and laughing at some of the craziness we were a part of over the years. What a crazy place this could be. After being a Rush fan since I was in sixth grade, I always felt alone, or in a very small minority of music fans that "got it". Finding this place finally made me realize i wasn't alone in it all. The great people here got me through a lot of bad times in my life, and ultimately that is all due to Rush being the band they are, and the people who respond to their greatness.

We share in this tragedy and loss today, but we are so grateful for the music and the lyrics that Neil conveyed to us that brought us all together. No matter what anyone on here disagrees on, we're ALL united in our common love for the incredible gift of music they've given us. So let's try to rejoice a bit in that.

My condolences to all my fellow Rush "geeks" during this terrible time. I love ya's all. <3

I think about you and CeeJ a lot! I miss you guys. I miss the old days of TRF. It was so amazing and fun.

The old days of TRF. Sheesh! It sounds like some legendary time in the days of yore. :D

Good gouda

Sweet Swiss

Good gouda

Sweet Swiss

Yummy Jarlsberg

• Like 1

Good gouda

Sweet Swiss

Yummy Jarlsberg

Choosy Cheddar

We really need to start a cheese company,

Good gouda

Sweet Swiss

Yummy Jarlsberg

Choosy Cheddar

• Like 3

Interesting the things death brings about. Long forgotten friends and albums sales to name but 2.

Interesting the things death brings about. Long forgotten friends and albums sales to name but 2.

I’d say “long gone” friends, not “long forgotten”. But I totally hear you

• Like 1

fists%20crying.gif :hi: :wub: :coy:

My sister! :heart:

Miss you. :hug2:

hey Sweetie... :) :hug2: :wub:

Edited by ladirushfan80

I’d say “long gone” friends, not “long forgotten”. But I totally hear you

I'd 2nd that. There have been very close friendships created on the board that have continued off the board. But like goose said, this is a wake and it's drawn us all here. Exactly how it should be. This is the first time I've had that 'old' feeling when being here. It's nice.
  • Like 6

Good gouda

Sweet Swiss

Yummy Jarlsberg

Choosy Cheddar

Heavenly havarti

I’m always up for good cheese!

• Like 1

It's nice to see people in here (TRF) that I haven't seen in a while. It's too bad it has to be over such a sad event.

I agree. Should stop by more often, but life, y'know? Work, grandkid, business. The only social media I have time for is a few perusals of FB for some fun and aggravation. LOL

This place was one of the first online social interactions i was ever a part of. Other than the forum on a wrestling magazine i wrote for, this was IT. I'll do my best to check in more often. :D

Hey, dude! Hope you and Ceej are doing well, Man! I think I'll pull out some Type O Negative...

qZ2cAX3.gif

Another sad day when Pete died. :( I actually KNEW him, and as much as it hurt, it wasn't like THIS. Loved the guy and the band, but Rush have been my LIFE. :(

• Like 1

I never met you, but you and Ceej and others are TRF legends. :yes: My regret is that I wasn't part of the forum when all of you were here!

Please give Mrs. Necromancer my regards.

Legends??? LOL I like that. We LIVED on this board at one time. Before CeeJ joined up, this place got me through a LOT of bad times. Seriously couldn't have done it without the awesome folks here. Met so many life long friends, both cyber and REAL from this place. It's just unreal.

Don't regret not being here at that time. It wasn't ALL funny. LOL I can be a drama queen at times. :P

:hi:

I think I remember this member? Hello again!

I think he's the one who lip synced Blue Christmas in drag giving me nightmares for a decade plus. Or that might've been Aprul. :P

Can I still say "Transvestite Behemoth" in today's pc world? This ain't 2006 anymore! :P

:cheers: to you both :cheers:

That was my sister APRUL. Definitely not me. I hate Christmas songs. And NO, you can NOT say transvestite behemoth anymore. :P

:cheers: to you too my friend.

• Like 1

Same here Sully. It was YOUR Birthday thread that made me check this place out. I only joined in the beginning to find out stuff about Alex's Vegas Escapade. Checked out rather quickly then got an email about a birthday thread. Thought that was awesome. So it's all YOUR fault. The admins should ban you. LMAO

<3

• Like 1

I think he's the one who lip synced Blue Christmas in drag giving me nightmares for a decade plus. Or that might've been Aprul. :P

Can I still say "Transvestite Behemoth" in today's pc world? This ain't 2006 anymore! :P

That was my sister APRUL. Definitely not me. I hate Christmas songs. And NO, you can NOT say transvestite behemoth anymore. :P

Instead of the term I can’t say anymore, how about “Open-apparel Donning Diminutively Challenged” :P

• Like 2

Same here Sully. It was YOUR Birthday thread that made me check this place out. I only joined in the beginning to find out stuff about Alex's Vegas Escapade. Checked out rather quickly then got an email about a birthday thread. Thought that was awesome. So it's all YOUR fault. The admins should ban you. LMAO

<3

Hahaha

Instead of the term I can’t say anymore, how about “Open-apparel Donning Diminutively Challenged” :P

LMAO

• Like 2

LMAO

Or maybe just a Hairy Fairy. :oops:

• Like 2

Hey, dude! Hope you and Ceej are doing well, Man! I think I'll pull out some Type O Negative...

qZ2cAX3.gif

Another sad day when Pete died. :( I actually KNEW him, and as much as it hurt, it wasn't like THIS. Loved the guy and the band, but Rush have been my LIFE. :(

Yup. Me too! RUSH and The Beatles. Two of the Greatest Bands in HISTORY! The Beatles got me into percussionist fandom, and RUSH solidified that interest with The BEST Percussionist EVER! Neil got me inspired to purchase THIS...

uWj0JMv.jpgMyself, two cousins and One of my Nieces.

Ludwig Octa-Plus. Red, Amber and Yellow. all inspired by Neil and Keith Moon as well as Ringo Starr. Ludwig was a brand he used early on. Keith Moon was on a special on The Who, his set was clear, and he had goldfish in his floor tom.

RpClKD3.gif

• Like 4

This place has been a look back at TRF history the past two days. So many familiar names stopping in, saying hi, paying tribute. So good to see you all. :cheers:

I agree. I even saw a new post from Mara today!

• Like 1

Love you, too, Bro!!

• Like 2