Neil Peart funeral videos

HemiBeers

There are some Neil Peart "open casket" funeral videos on youtube right now that are bogus and beyond disrespectful. I'm just sharing this with everyone so you don't get suckered into the clickbait.

That's so low it doesn't deserve my anger.

People recording everything nowadays is getting out of control and as for doing it during a funeral is disgusting!!! Hell I was on the C train a subway path in manhattan NYC and a guy jumped in front of it and what do all most young people do? Record or try to get pics from under the train it makes me sick this whole record everything shit

If Neil wanted me to see it, I'd have seen it. Neil didn't miss the mark on his own needs often at all.

Which is a roundabout way of saying: I don't want to see. It's not what he'd have wanted.

I think that the reason why he's not having this huge televised memorial for him like Michael Jackson or Lemmy is simply because that's not what he wanted.....Him laying in a box is not how he wanted Rush fans to remember the legendary Neil Peart....

Who the f**k records videos on their phone during a funeral anyways? Is that a thing now?

The people who were at his funeral were the ones he trusted with the news about his cancer. Rest assured they are not the kind of people who would video the funeral and then post it on the web.

• Like 1

As alluded to by our fellow posters, fortunately Neil & co have striven to live outside this paradigm, and thankfully in this case largely succeeded. Part & parcel of our era, as well, is not just the fact that images are taken of everything, but that these images we record are immediately shareable. I would go so far as to say that we wouldn't take as many pictures if we could not upload them.

And I am reticent to cast judgement at any or our younger generation because they have in fact inherited and grown up and continue to grow up in this double-sided sticky web or ours. Human nature's healthy need to fulfil some purpose leads to our desire for love, thereby attention and this technological age is perfect for revealing just how thoughtlessly extreme this can manifest.

Living in a fisheye lens

Caught in the camera eye

These clowns should be hit in the throat with a Drumstick

Did you mean one of these or why did you capitalize "drumstick"?

4F0983B6-4EA7-23F4-47CE-80FC8FCF4544.jpeg

He probably meant hit the assholes with the biggest drumstick they make (2B?)

My guess is that he'd choose cremation, and a private service, which I'd also guess has already happened, despite reports to the contrary.

That was my suspicion too, that they announced his passing after he was either cremated (my guess) or buried and a service for family and friends had. May not be, but I wouldn’t doubt if they did this to avoid any circus that would come if they hadn’t...

• Like 1