I regret everything I ever said....

fraroc

Regarding my angry posts and general dissatisfaction with the way Rush ended...There was a time where as a Rush stan, I had feelings of resentment towards the fact that Rush had ended their touring career in 2015. I foolishly believed that Neil was to blame and that he "left Ged and Al hanging" and that he killed Rush......I really wish I knew then what I know now.....I wish I can go back in time and tell myself "DUDE, NEIL IS LITERALLY DYING OF CANCER YOU INCONSIDERATE FUCKING SELFISH DICKHEAD"

We don't know if he knew at that point or if he was even having any symptoms. It's silly to assume otherwise.

• Like 1

Regarding my angry posts and general dissatisfaction with the way Rush ended...There was a time where as a Rush stan, I had feelings of resentment towards the fact that Rush had ended their touring career in 2015. I foolishly believed that Neil was to blame and that he "left Ged and Al hanging" and that he killed Rush......I really wish I knew then what I know now.....I wish I can go back in time and tell myself "DUDE, NEIL IS LITERALLY DYING OF CANCER YOU INCONSIDERATE FUCKING SELFISH DICKHEAD"

We don't know if he knew at that point or if he was even having any symptoms. It's silly to assume otherwise.

Regardless, it was still wrong of me to make those assumptions

• Like 2

Well, look....they were always private guys. I play in a band and about a year ago, during practice, our drummer noted that the prolonged silence from Neil seemed strange, and he thought we were going to hear at some point that Neil was sick. It struck me as a real possibility, especially when news started coming out that he was no longer drumming.

If you take illness out of the equation, that news and behavior does seem strange, because it goes beyond what you’d expect from simple retirement. No updates to his web page, no writing, no occasional music project, no NEWS?

Of course now, it all makes sense.

It also makes sense that the often-hinted-at project between Ged and Al hasn’t materialized. Even if they were up for it — which I doubt — it would seem awful insensitive to start hyping a project, given Neil’s condition. And I actually think that if not for the cancer, Neil would have worked with Ged and Al again in some capacity.

So now the other two need time to heal. But I think/hope we’ll see them again.

Very plausible. I'd been on the wrong side of the reunion conversation (at least live) given Neil's total radio silence which was just a symptom of the very real issue. But now we have some context.

• Like 1

Like it was said earlier, I think it was unlikely and not a reason that Neil retired from playing,but tragically crept up shortly after. The picture with Gump that was released I think confirmed to me that he was ill, but hoped and prayed that it wasn't life threatening.I guess we'll have a period of mourning and radio silence, quite rightly, but it is inevitable that Ged and Alex will come forward at some point and clear up those questions that most of us will have.

Like it was said earlier, I think it was unlikely and not a reason that Neil retired from playing,but tragically crept up shortly after. The picture with Gump that was released I think confirmed to me that he was ill, but hoped and prayed that it wasn't life threatening.I guess we'll have a period of mourning and radio silence, quite rightly, but it is inevitable that Ged and Alex will come forward at some point and clear up those questions that most of us will have.

They may respect Peart's family's need for privacy more than fans' sense of entitlement.

• Like 2

1578730643[/url]' post='4716888']

Well, look....they were always private guys. I play in a band and about a year ago, during practice, our drummer noted that the prolonged silence from Neil seemed strange, and he thought we were going to hear at some point that Neil was sick. It struck me as a real possibility, especially when news started coming out that he was no longer drumming.

If you take illness out of the equation, that news and behavior does seem strange, because it goes beyond what you’d expect from simple retirement. No updates to his web page, no writing, no occasional music project, no NEWS?

Of course now, it all makes sense.

It also makes sense that the often-hinted-at project between Ged and Al hasn’t materialized. Even if they were up for it — which I doubt — it would seem awful insensitive to start hyping a project, given Neil’s condition. And I actually think that if not for the cancer, Neil would have worked with Ged and Al again in some capacity.

So now the other two need time to heal. But I think/hope we’ll see them again.

thank you-well said.

it does all make sense now doesn’t it? I never put it together though. I was convinced Rush was done touring at the end of their last concert and never held out any hope that we’d see them perform live again, but I admit I always thought we’d get something in the way of new material, perhaps an album or at least a few songs. I thought that was a real possibility. The fact that it never happened and that we never heard a word from Neil in 3 years never made it click. I just thought Neil went into seclusion,retiring from everything in the public eye. That, all this time, his focus was on his family and that the being famous part of his life was behind him. He just was being a husband and dad again. I never imagined the hell he and his loved ones had been going through...

Edited by LeaveMyThingAlone
  • Like 1

They may respect Peart's family's need for privacy more than fans' sense of entitlement.

My first thought when I heard? I blame fraroc.

Sorry...my dark humor gets the best of me sometimes. We're all gutted... To the late great Professor...and to TRF's one and only fraroc! :hail:

Surprised nobody blamed SpaghettiLee lol

Sorry...my dark humor gets the best of me sometimes. We're all gutted... To the late great Professor...and to TRF's one and only fraroc! :hail:

:LOL:

Spaghetti Lee! :) One of my favorite TRFers. Gone but not forgotten.

• Like 1

I always ignored your hate for Neil. "Quick to judge... quick to anger." I made the choice to just let it go. After all I've been rocking the boat on here for 13 plus years as well.............................

All good.

That's epic.

• Like 1

That's epic.

How are you doing, Earl? :hug2:

That's epic.

I know we are on a public forum and I have no fear to show my emotions. In either darkness or light.

By just you asking me this I am tearing up again. I might run out of tears. It's very hard for me and I know I'm not the only one.

But many of you who know me regardless of the many of the outlandish things I have typed in the past do care about me.

I know I too have offended many on here but my intentions were just to be over the top. Adult R Rated late night writing.

I guess I wanted to be the Howard Stern of the Rush Forum, but I sure many of you can see I have kind of mellowed out lately.

But this blow to me Lorraine is killing me but please don't worry about my health. I am fine. Just sad and broken. I will heal through time.

I prefer "RUSH THROUGH TIME." See? I still have my punny and silly personality and corny wit.

This tragedy in my life is already turning into something positive thanks to all the love and support I have received around the world.

I am honored and just blown away by the people who are communicating me. I mean I have all of my texts since yesterday. Over 100 easily.

Most always say... "Earl I heard about the horrible news and I instantly though of you first." It's just crazy. I like sharing this in the public eye. "The Camera Eye?"

I know I'm lucky Lorraine and I love you very much.

I actually love so many of you on here.

Sorry for those I hurt over late night rants and arguments.

All is forgiven.

I need to get through this loss. I was not prepared Loraine even though I was tipped off three months ago about it. I too never would have leaked it. I was actually in denial when I found out about it. Only my father knew because he was in that business meeting.

Even the Universe was trying to tell me something in advance. It's crazy, After Neil retired and I knew he was overweight and in pain and bad health, I thought to myself that I might have to try and prepare myself for the moment like this. Neil is it for me in the entertainment biz.

I never thought it was going to be this quick.

I am not in the inner circle but I am on the outer rim. I will take that any day.

RUSH ON LORRAINE!!!

I will be fine. Luckily Time Doesn't Stand Still. We can all heal. We will all live. We will all die. The cycle of life. Eventually laughter will erode to a long cry.

"Far Cry................"

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 4

I am not in the inner circle but I am on the outer rim. I will take that any day.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your connection to Neil and/or the Rush organization?

I sense that this is much more personal for you than for any other one of us, so condolences to you on that level.

• Like 1

That's epic.

I know we are on a public forum and I have no fear to show my emotions. In either darkness or light.

By just you asking me this I am tearing up again. I might run out of tears. It's very hard for me and I know I'm not the only one.

But many of you who know me regardless of the many of the outlandish things I have typed in the past do care about me.

I know I too have offended many on here but my intentions were just to be over the top. Adult R Rated late night writing.

I guess I wanted to be the Howard Stern of the Rush Forum, but I sure many of you can see I have kind of mellowed out lately.

But this blow to me Lorraine is killing me but please don't worry about my health. I am fine. Just sad and broken. I will heal through time.

I prefer "RUSH THROUGH TIME." See? I still have my punny and silly personality and corny wit.

This tragedy in my life is already turning into something positive thanks to all the love and support I have received around the world.

I am honored and just blown away by the people who are communicating me. I mean I have all of my texts since yesterday. Over 100 easily.

Most always say... "Earl I heard about the horrible news and I instantly though of you first." It's just crazy. I like sharing this in the public eye. "The Camera Eye?"

All is forgiven.

I need to get through this loss. I was not prepared Loraine even though I was tipped off three months ago about it. I too never would have leaked it. I was actually in denial when I found out about it. Only my father knew because he was in that business meeting.

Even the Universe was trying to tell me something in advance. It's crazy, After Neil retired and I knew he was overweight and in pain and bad health, I thought to myself that I might have to try and prepare myself for the moment like this. Neil is it for me in the entertainment biz.

RUSH ON LORRAINE!!!

I will be fine. Luckily Time Doesn't Stand Still. We can all heal. We will all live. We will all die. The cycle of life. Eventually laughter will erode to a long cry.

You are a fortunate man, Earl, being loved by so many.

No doubt about it - you will heal.

:hug2:

• Like 2

That's epic.

All is forgiven.

RUSH ON LORRAINE!!!

You are a fortunate man, Earl, being loved by so many.

No doubt about it - you will heal.

:hug2:

Thank you Lorraine. I know. So far so good. Anything can change at any second but yes. Blessed. Family, friends and even my pug Earl IV is happy at 11 years old!!! You know I have two daughters so when they were young Wendy and I wanted to get them a pug.

They always knew I wanted a son to carry on my name so hey, I got lucky again. My pug is my namesake.

Love you!

• Like 1

I extent heartfelt apologies to fraroc and anyone else who might have been offended by my previous passive-aggressive reply to the op.

I encountered this sad news late at night and it was met with a surprisingly numb response. After a brief bout of sleep, it hit me pretty hard. A relatively significant part of me has died. Love to the forum.

• Like 1

I extent heartfelt apologies to fraroc and anyone else who might have been offended by my previous passive-aggressive reply to the op.

I encountered this sad news late at night and it was met with a surprisingly numb response. After a brief bout of sleep, it hit me pretty hard. A relatively significant part of me has died. Love to the forum.

Regardless of the past and things we have all said on here over the years, this is it for me. Neil's passing has brought us all together again. It's incredible. The sadness and tears are actually makes us all strong again.

73 has tolerated a lot of drama over the years. Me included but I am not alone.

I love this Forum.

As I will love Neil forever.

I will this place too.

It's common sense folks do the math.

The good outweighs the BS here, and I know I am not innocent.

I will take my lashings and move on.

Geddy, Alex, Neil and many of you on this forum I will always love.

Nite.

I'm going to watch "I Love You Man" and shed more "Tears......"

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 4

It’s worth noting that the last Bubbagram on Neil’s web site is from May 2016 — right around the time we now are told that Neil would have received his diagnosis. The series he was working on, telling about his travels on the last few days of the R40 tour was left incomplete. But again, we now know why.....
  • Like 4

It’s worth noting that the last Bubbagram on Neil’s web site is from May 2016 — right around the time we now are told that Neil would have received his diagnosis. The series he was working on, telling about his travels on the last few days of the R40 tour was left incomplete. But again, we now know why.....

So sad man.

So sad man.

Indeed....the perception (which I know I had) was that he had turned away from everything he had built up over the course of his life. And if that HAD been his conscious choice, then that’s certainly valid, but it always struck me as strange. Why spend the time to become the best in the world at something, only to never touch that something ever again? It just didn’t seem right. And again, we now know why.

For these reasons, I do hope his story will be updated at the right time, so that his story as a musician gets cemented with a proper ending.

• Like 2