Freeze this moment a little bit longer

Maverick

Suddenly we are all (from the beginning days) here to commiserate, console, and commerate.

I remember fondly finding this virtual home within days of Far Cry being released in 2007. It was magical finding so many other people who loved the same band like I did. It was like coming home.

• Like 4

I found this site in 2011 after I saw Beyond the Lighted Stage on VH1. I was so intrigued with the band and I kept coming here to talk about Rush. This place has taught me so much about the band and I have enjoyed it so much. Viewing the Periscope threads during R40 was priceless, it was amazing.

I didn't become a fan until late in their career but I enjoyed every bit of the time I had, seeing them 3 times in concert (R30, Clockwork Angels, R40). Thanks to TRF and all the great folks I have spent time with here. :hug2: :)

• Like 1

I think I discovered this site in 2011. It was so refreshing seeing that there was a group of people who enjoyed the band as much as I did! I remember when Clockwork angels was coming out. Wow the excitement on this site, back then!

The music of spheres forum is my favorite. I learned of so many great bands from those topics! It's sad that it took the death of a truly great person to bring back to this community, but I am glad to see so many familiar names! Where's Rushgoober?

• Like 1

I joined in Summer 2007 right before seeing my first ever show on the Snakes & Arrows Tour. As you can see, I have less than 50 posts, but I still visit pretty regularly. To me, this place hearkens back to a simpler time - and I am truly grateful for it. And for the band and what it has meant to me and so many others.
  • Like 2

I found TRF in my early days of high school, just looking up things about the band and I stumbled across this place and made an account. One of the most rewarding things I've ever done with the internet.

I think I discovered this site in 2011. It was so refreshing seeing that there was a group of people who enjoyed the band as much as I did! I remember when Clockwork angels was coming out. Wow the excitement on this site, back then!

The music of spheres forum is my favorite. I learned of so many great bands from those topics! It's sad that it took the death of a truly great person to bring back to this community, but I am glad to see so many familiar names! Where's Rushgoober?

I remember Rushgoober too! He got a lot of folks riled up and left a few years after I started visiting TRF. No diss intended, I just remember it because I was new to the site.

Edited by Rhyta

I remember Rushgoober too! He got a lot of folks riled up and left a few years after I started visiting TRF. No diss intended, I just remember it because I was new to the site.

His music progressive rock knowledge was unreal. I remember he would post lists of his favorite songs and albums and it completely changed my view of music. Would love to seem him come back.

• Like 2

Suddenly we are all (from the beginning days) here to commiserate, console, and commerate.

I remember fondly finding this virtual home within days of Far Cry being released in 2007. It was magical finding so many other people who loved the same band like I did. It was like coming home.

About the same here. I was looking for tour info in 2008. I listened to S&A a lot during my time at the gym rebuilding from my illness. Excellent album.

What a crew of people here. I couldn't figure that I would still be here. We're all still here. Grab onto all the good you can, life is fleeting. Honored to know you all.

• Like 2

The 30 second Far Cry teaser snippet...

"Is that the Hemispheres chord?!?!?"

Good times.

• Like 4

I'm pretty sure I joined the site the day it launched (I was a regular on Counterparts before that) and spent a LOT of my high school years on here. A few people from those days, I'm still friends with. I still lurk here occasionally under a different name but figured I should come say hi today, although it's under awful circumstances. This is a shock. He's the greatest to ever do it.
  • Like 2

I found this place because I didn't know any Rush fans in "real life". And thanks to this place I've learned so much about the band, & have been fortunate to meet so many of you, starting off with Madra, at a Peter Gabriel gig way back in 2007....

I cherish so many TRF Rush gig memories, from Glasgow to Holmdel to Hershey to Dublin to MSG & many, many other points inbetween.

We were blessed to have known him, & I've been blessed to have known some of you.

• Like 1

I joined a couple of weeks after climbing Tai Shan back in 2005. I felt that I had to tell other die hard fans of that experience through words and images. (And I don't even really like the song all that much). I've literally had thousands of fun, funny, and interesting conversations with various TRFers here and in person since that time.

Despite the circumstances, it's pretty cool to see some old school TRFers paying their respects in various threads.

This is easily the best website I've ever encountered on the net. It matches (easily) the best band and music I've ever encountered too.

:cheers:

:blaze:

• Like 1

I joined TRF in 2013 in the aftermath of Counterparts board blowing up, and have noted a bunch of mates from there also comisserating here. Looking at the bottom of threads and the forum mentions many long term froinds last night and today.

When I first joined up, I was a little reluctant, but that passed. To those CPer's still walking on the shore, come on in-the water's fine!

• Like 1

It is a great forum. I check in from time to time, also because of the fans focused together. Not many Rush fans in my circle of friends. I am always surprised (shouldn't be) at how active the forums always are. With the news, it helps a lot to see what others are thinking and how they are responding. Neil Peart was a Canadian ambassador. As are the other two of course!

I joined TRF in 2013 in the aftermath of Counterparts board blowing up, and have noted a bunch of mates from there also comisserating here. Looking at the bottom of threads and the forum mentions many long term froinds last night and today.

I left CP in 2010 and then found this forum by pure luck. It was like escaping Purgatory and finding Paradise!

• Like 2

Hi folks.

I was about to say I'd found TRF and Counterparts around the same time, but that's not true. I actually found TRF first, after RushCon 5. Joined Counterparts in the aftermath of RushCon 7, that kinda became my default Rush board homebase. But it's good to see TRF is still about. This board has been a lovely haven for CPeeps in the past when the biker bar borked.

Haven't really participated in the boards at all the last few years, with most folks migrating to Facebook. CP just got rebooted in the wake of yesterday's news. Feels odd to be posting there - and here - again. Just wish it were under far better circumstances. fists%20crying.gif

Edited by wanderingpixie2112