Anyone down for a Neil book, group read?

barney_rebel

Don't know if I can do that just yet but I have not read Far and Wide: Bring that Horizon to Me. Since that is his last one, it would be fitting I suppose.
  • Like 1

Don't know if I can do that just yet but I have not read Far and Wide: Bring that Horizon to Me. Since that is his last one, it would be fitting I suppose.

I'd be on board with that.

me too
  • Like 1

On a related note: I found myself wondering if Neil may have written anything at all concerning what he had been going through over the past three years. Something book-wise or possibly poetry/lyrics. Of all his favorite things "to do in life" - drumming, motorcycling, site-seeing - the one thing he would have been able to continue with would have been his writing.

Such writings would certainly be so much different than what Neil's done previously. I've mixed feelings about my own thoughts on this.

Yo Barney

http://scontent.fkix2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/1923346_7174985179_9619_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&_nc_ohc=O3VxPhbRzMoAX-jW0HJ&_nc_ht=scontent.fkix2-1.fna&_nc_tp=12&oh=14651ed9b3f5122ddd48dc929fa987e8&oe=5EA760A5

Cool of you to stop by :blaze:

• Like 2

This is my first time with a book club. How far do we go? What's the process?

Some groups comment as they go, others wait to comment until they have finished it and usually have a set time before they allow others to post spoilers for those who aren't finished. Since Barney Rebel started the thread, what do you suggest? I am getting ready to start it this weekend.

Edited by Rhyta

I started Far and Wide last night, it has been good. The only time I teared up so far is when he shared about time spent with Olivia :rose:. I have the audio and the narrator sounds similar to Neil, there is some overlap with other books but I love the trivia about the tour. I am glad I have this, got a hard copy on order. Most of Neil's books are hard to find and now the copies that are left on used bookstore sites are expensive. Up to $160 for the hard back of this one. Bet Ghost Rider is astronomical. :eh:
  • Like 2