Tributes to Neil...

On The Aristocrats show of tonight they dedicated a song to Neil, and during the drum solo that followed Marco Minnemann played some Peart riffs, followed by a part of Tom Saywer and a snippet of YYZ. After that Bryan Beller thanked Neil and Rush.

It was a great concert.

Edited by Jasper_
  • Like 4

The call at 50:15 is pretty heartbreaking

.https://www.youtube....zK84oBQ&t=3241s

A burden heavier than a mountain on your shoulders. :o

Someone made a comment on that clip concerning the official announcement of Neil's death:

This might be controversial but I'm PISSED that Rolling Stone got to break the news. They're so lame and corporate and did not respect Rush back in the day when it was fashionable to dump on Rush.

I hadn't considered that but how true....Jan Wenner & Co. did not deserve to be the ones to share the devastating news.

Probably Eliot Mintz's idea. Would never have guessed he'd be the family spokesman since he's an industry guy but someone must have had reasons for it. He handled Lennon's passing for Yoko but that was almost 40 years ago.

Please don't make this about politics.

Human rights issue. Why would that be political?

The calling out of a Trump supporter made it political. Stay on topic. This thread is about Neil tributes. Take the politics to SOCN.

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 2

My band had a gig last night and we did a little tribute - a Limelight, Tom Sawyer, and Spirit of Radio medley. Our drummer has never been a Rush fan, but I could tell that he listened to the tunes and tried to get some of the parts in.
  • Like 5

Relates to Neil and his situation.He had views about healthcare and cancer patients. Remember you as a Trump apologist so of course you would object to it.

What's wrong with you? Your discussion doesn't belong here. Take it to the place where such unproductive discussions go on.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Neil Peart family ‘on board’ with a St. Catharines memorial

Neil Peart's family is enthusiastically supporting plans for a memorial at Lakeside Park, honouring the famous drummer who grew up in St. Catharines.

As thousands of Rush fans from all over the world continue to add their names to a petition calling for a statue or plaque to be built at the park the band made famous in song, Peart's nephew Jason Howe said the family has discussed the idea and are "fully on board" with such plans.

"They think it's a great honour," said Howe, a St. Catharines resident.

As of Sunday afternoon, more than 22,100 people had added their name to a petition calling on the city to honour Peart with a plaque or statue at the Port Dalhousie park.

• Like 5

IRON MAIDEN bassist Steve Harris has commented on the passing of Neil Peart, who died on January 7 in Santa Monica, California after a three-year battle with glioblastoma, an aggressive form of brain cancer. The iconic RUSH drummer was 67 years old.

Speaking to Rob Rush Radio, Harris said (head audio below): "I never met Neil. I met the other two guys [from RUSH]. I played tennis with the other two. A good friend of mine, Andy Curran from CONEY HATCH up in Canada, we played doubles [with them].

"Yeah, it's a sad loss with Neil passing — just awful, really," Steve continued. "But [iRON MAIDEN] never played any gigs with [RUSH]."

He then repeated: "Yeah, awful."

In a 2018 interview with The Metal Voice, Harris was asked how much of an influence on his bass playing RUSH's Geddy Lee was. He responded: "Not very much, really, if I'm honest, because I was really influenced by more British players. I did love RUSH as well, [and] I still do — the '2112' album and 'A Farewell To Kings' and all that, of course. … But Geddy is a fantastic player — of course he is."

Harris went on to recount the experience of playing tennis with Lee and RUSH guitarist Alex Lifeson. He said: "It was quite funny, because me and Andy [Curran] were supposed to play tennis against them two, and Geddy said, 'No, actually…' So, basically, me and Geddy ended up playing them two first and then we switched around afterwards. Nobody was there to watch it, but I thought it would be quite funny if people had seen me and him playing tennis together."

Neil Peart family ‘on board’ with a St. Catharines memorial

Neil Peart's family is enthusiastically supporting plans for a memorial at Lakeside Park, honouring the famous drummer who grew up in St. Catharines.

As thousands of Rush fans from all over the world continue to add their names to a petition calling for a statue or plaque to be built at the park the band made famous in song, Peart's nephew Jason Howe said the family has discussed the idea and are "fully on board" with such plans.

"They think it's a great honour," said Howe, a St. Catharines resident.

As of Sunday afternoon, more than 22,100 people had added their name to a petition calling on the city to honour Peart with a plaque or statue at the Port Dalhousie park.

Imagine how busy Lakeside Park will be on the 24th of May this year. :o :o :o

• Like 6

I haven’t read this thread for a few days and don’t know if this has already been posted, but Joe Bonamassa posted a tribute on his website...the email I received with the link said, “Neil Peart- A True Artist is Gone, and We All Feel the Loss”...

https://jbonamassa.com/features/monday-night-blues/ep186/?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTjJOaU5UQXlOV0ZtTXpsbCIsInQiOiI3cWJtU0NUQmxNbFRiTGRKalc5bW1MXC9FalFFd1p2dTlMTUh4VTI5d2c4cU44Y0ZYUWNkdjJzWjQ3bGdTVVwvSEFyZzNsWkw5dU9hOW9XZjBkQ1MzcElSXC95NCtsTGdcL3JnZ0hhT3pOVFA2K0wzcGJEMjJQcGk2OGdUZ3BoTDQxSG4ifQ%3D%3D

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 3

My son, who was just a little boy when I helped start TRF, is now a senior in college, majoring in Music Theory and Composition. He's a drummer also, and grew up listening to Rush. He recorded a couple of covers in tribute to Neil. Here's one:

http://youtu.be/-Aoa7_710RI

• Like 12

My son, who was just a little boy when I helped start TRF, is now a senior in college, majoring in Music Theory and Composition. He's a drummer also, and grew up listening to Rush. He recorded a couple of covers in tribute to Neil. Here's one:

This is absolutely awesome!!!!!!

This is absolutely awesome!!!!!!

:wub:

This makes me think two things: 1) what a monster drummer Peart was already on the very first album with the band and 2) your son clearly has all the dedication and power to be a phenomenal drummer in his own right

• Like 2

Awesome. I love that he improvised some of the fills, and I love the smile on his face. Just blasting it out. :haz:

• Like 1