Tributes to Neil...

Dave Grohl was on a recent episode of Bill Simmons' podcast and talked about Rush and Neil a bunch. It was entertaining.

Will the Foo Fighters show up at Neil's Night on May 16th?

They have a show in Detroit that night.

I have a tribute to Neil.

I don't think he hated us as much as he wanted us to think.

Today I was remembering how he took the time to so neatly and nicely print: To Lorraine on the issue of Rolling Stone Magazine that featured Rush during R40 in a hotel room in Seattle. I'm sure my magazine was just one of many that had to be autographed and personally addressed by him.

Thank you, Neil

• Like 2

I have been reading all of his early Modern drummer interviews. He didn't hate us at all. In fact he just wanted to be one of us. There is one part where the interviewer uses the term rock star, and Neil replies that there is no term he despises more. He honestly believed that everyone had a story, and interesting life, and didn't feel he should be put on a pedestal.
  • Like 5

Not sure if this Hudson Music one is here or not but I enjoyed watching this video despite the sadness I felt:

I hadn’t seen this. Thanks.

That was really excellent thanks. (The link not Tony's response, although that was delightful too.). That ending.. awww sobering now that he's gone.

I may have seen a tribute to NEP but I'm not sure. I saw a PT Cruiser or similar vehicle the other day and they had used what looked like white tape to spell out some words on the back window but the only ones I could make out were "Neil Peart." The upper words were smaller and it was driving away from me at an angle but the name was definitely NP.
  • Like 2