Neil Peart Has Passed Away

southpaw2k5

Really grateful Neil shared of himself to the public in the ways that he did. Also grateful he modeled exercising boundaries between personal and professional lives. We are so lucky to appreciate what he offered us.

What he gave us was and is infinitely better than what we usually get from "rock stars", namely tabloid stories about their decadent, abusive and destructive lives and actions.

He was an entirely different type of animal wasn’t he? Thoughtful and introverted. Uncomfortable with attention, but a born performer.

All three are good guys, normal guys. The Good Guys do win from time to time.

• Like 6

Those two albums, and some Presto, have been my summer bicycling tunes!

I only went to two concerts. I hope that does not mean we like them less :).

They are amazing live!

• Like 1

Revisited this thread and the fact that Neil is gone, but then was poking around YouTube and was reminded of this video, last time, last song, last ever, and how he came out from behind those drums (an utterly unheard of thing) and how these guys gave it every single thing they had every night right up to the end (I love 3:30+ when they are really jamming out). What a gem of a way to go out, ol' Neil did taking those photos and coming out to the front.

Long live Neil.

• Like 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWcvOLXZwCQ

Revisited this thread and the fact that Neil is gone, but then was poking around YouTube and was reminded of this video, last time, last song, last ever, and how he came out from behind those drums (an utterly unheard of thing) and how these guys gave it every single thing they had every night right up to the end (I love 3:30+ when they are really jamming out). What a gem of a way to go out, ol' Neil did taking those photos and coming out to the front.

Long live Neil.

I watch this about once a month.(from the time the last note rings out.) It's a moment in time I never want to forget.

I really wish the whole show would be released.

• Like 1

Thinking of you last night after reseeing "Time Stands Still". 10 months without my sweet Neil, and soon, 1 year in Jan of 2021. Cant still believe that you are not here anymore...

Your "sweet Neil"? That is creepy af.

I tend to be close to them liked a beloved member ok? And it is NOT CREEPY AT ALL!

And another thing, I can express my feeling on here as much as I can without insulting a person on here and I dont mean to be rude, but you got a problem with how I write on here and coming after me with what I write then dont comment at all. I loved Neil as much as everyone here but to put me down after this is crazy af. I tend to get very close to a certain things or person because I grew up with it or them. It is a weird little habits that I get whenever I get into something that I love so much. I am not going to be bulled on here for expressing my feelings on here and I been bullied at school, from peers to teachers to know who is poking fun at me. I cant sometimes read feelings but if you knew me, then you will understand where I am coming from when I say "Sweet Neil".
  • Like 5

And another thing, I can express my feeling on here as much as I can without insulting a person on here and I dont mean to be rude, but you got a problem with how I write on here and coming after me with what I write then dont comment at all. I loved Neil as much as everyone here but to put me down after this is crazy af. I tend to get very close to a certain things or person because I grew up with it or them. It is a weird little habits that I get whenever I get into something that I love so much. I am not going to be bulled on here for expressing my feelings on here and I been bullied at school, from peers to teachers to know who is poking fun at me. I cant sometimes read feelings but if you knew me, then you will understand where I am coming from when I say "Sweet Neil".

I took a lot of solace in knowing that Neil's work was finished and he ended things with Rush on his terms. I'm not sure if that helps you through it at all but the man's work had been completed before he died and he left us a great legacy of music which always makes me happy when I listen to it.

• Like 2

Thinking of you last night after reseeing "Time Stands Still". 10 months without my sweet Neil, and soon, 1 year in Jan of 2021. Cant still believe that you are not here anymore...

Your "sweet Neil"? That is creepy af.

Ford, you need an ally.

Me and my gals have your back. uLpLgRal.png

• Like 1

Where did you run off to? Haven't seen you for a long time, my friend. I sent you birthday greetings.

• Like 1