Neil Peart Has Passed Away

southpaw2k5

It was with great sadness that I heard of the passing of the great Neil Peart at the start of 2020.

The last time i got to see him was during the Clockwork Angels tour in Manchester 2013.

I remember when the R40 shows were announced we considered flying to either US or Canada to catch

a show, but we reckoned (incorrectly as it turned out) that some European dates would be bolted on, so we waited.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but i deeply regret that decision now.

I am just new to this forum ...... i think a combination of Neil's death, and this Covid-19 lockdown situation prompted

me to register. It is nice to know that there are like minded people out there willing to share their views on all things Rush.

Hopefully i can get to interact with some of you folks as i get more familiar with the workings of the forum.

Edited by zepphead
  • Like 6

It was with great sadness that I heard of the passing of the great Neil Peart at the start of 2020.

The last time i got to see him was during the Clockwork Angels tour in Manchester 2013.

I remember when the R40 shows were announced we considered flying to either US or Canada to catch

a show, but we reckoned (incorrectly as it turned out) that some European dates would be bolted on, so we waited.

I am just new to this forum ...... i think a combination of Neil's death, and this Covid-19 lockdown situation prompted

me to register. It is nice to know that there are like minded people out there willing to share their views on all things Rush.

Hopefully i can get to interact with some of you folks as i get more familiar with the workings of the forum.

Welcome Zepphead! I'm Rushhead!!!!

Hope to visit Ireland one day!

Cheers!

• Like 3

Cheers!

Hi there Rushhead! Thanks for the welcome... its only taken me 61 years to get here but i think i am going to enjoy TRF!

Hope you can get to this side of the pond someday .... just be prepared for cold temperatures and rain lol!

• Like 2

Cheers!

Hi there Rushhead! Thanks for the welcome... its only taken me 61 years to get here but i think i am going to enjoy TRF!

Hope you can get to this side of the pond someday .... just be prepared for cold temperatures and rain lol!

Hahaha! You are very welcome!! Glad you finally made it here!

Heck yes!! Some year I will be in your neck of the woods!!!

I want to lay down a black rose at the Phil statue in Dublin.

I want to see the pub that has that big Rory Gallagher guitar statue in the window.

Guinness of course.

Visit Gary Moore's grave and hopefully see the new Gary Moore Memorial Statue! Endorsed by Scott Gorham of course!

Oh and see where the Titanic was built!

• Like 3

Cheers!

I want to see the pub that has that big Rory Gallagher guitar statue in the window.

Guinness of course.

Visit Gary Moore's grave and hopefully see the new Gary Moore Memorial Statue! Endorsed by Scott Gorham of course!

I suspect fundraising for the Gary Moore Memorial Statue has stalled due to Covig-19 so it may be some time before we get to see this.

Cheers!

Guinness of course.

I suspect fundraising for the Gary Moore Memorial Statue has stalled due to Covig-19 so it may be some time before we get to see this.

Gary Moores grave is apparently very understated bordering on sad! Not a fit tribute to great man!

• Like 2

Cheers!

Guinness of course.

Gary Moores grave is apparently very understated bordering on sad! Not a fit tribute to great man!

Yes, he is buried in an old country church in England. Apparently he had stated to family that if anything ever happened to him he wanted buried somewhere quiet and out of the way.
  • Like 1

Cheers!

Guinness of course.

That's a bummer! I didn't know that! Let's hope for proper funding for that Gary Moore Statue! I will donate if I have to.

Cheers!

Guinness of course.

Yes, he is buried in an old country church in England. Apparently he had stated to family that if anything ever happened to him he wanted buried somewhere quiet and out of the way.

Oh I didn't know that. Ok I will respect his privacy. Hoping for that statue! He will always be in the "Corridors Of Power!!!"

Welcome Zepphead, this is a great forum. I was a late comer to Rush myself (2011) and this board really helped me learn all types of things about the band and meet some fun and unique people. I had a number of tours I missed and regret it but I did get to see R40 with my sister and I am forever grateful.

Glad you are here :haz: :rush:

• Like 3

Welcome, Zepphead! There are a lot of great people here; I think you will enjoy it! :hi:

• Like 5

Zepphead, I'm another really good person, who would like to welcome you here. There are some really good people to talk, and socialize with. You're welcome, and anytime.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

Welcome Zepphead, this is a great forum. I was a late comer to Rush myself (2011) and this board really helped me learn all types of things about the band and meet some fun and unique people. I had a number of tours I missed and regret it but I did get to see R40 with my sister and I am forever grateful.

Glad you are here :haz: :rush:

Thank you Rhyta! I'm sorry i took so long to get here! It's comforting to know there are still so many Rush fans out there and I know i will enjoy

conversing with all you guys!

• Like 1

Zepphead, I'm another really good person, who would like to welcome you here. There are some really good people to talk, and socialize with.

Thanks Derek19! So far i am really enjoying this super forum!
  • Like 1

Welcome, Zepphead! There are a lot of great people here; I think you will enjoy it! :hi:

Thanks blueschica! Everyone seems real friendly and I know i will enjoy talking to you all!!
  • Like 3

Just wanted to stop through and... I don't really let myself stop and feel the loss often.

Was revisiting some albums that I forget how much I like, and that led to reading the lyrics. Then... bam. He's gone. Don't have any f2f friends that understand. My closest friend actually dislikes Rush so strongly that he gets agitated when I play any of their music (he gave me a pass in January, b/c he could see how distraught I was).

Yeah. Really grateful Neil shared of himself to the public in the ways that he did. Also grateful he modeled exercising boundaries between personal and professional lives. We are so lucky to appreciate what he offered us.

• Like 5

Just wanted to stop through and... I don't really let myself stop and feel the loss often.

Was revisiting some albums that I forget how much I like, and that led to reading the lyrics. Then... bam. He's gone. Don't have any f2f friends that understand. My closest friend actually dislikes Rush so strongly that he gets agitated when I play any of their music (he gave me a pass in January, b/c he could see how distraught I was).

Yeah. Really grateful Neil shared of himself to the public in the ways that he did. Also grateful he modeled exercising boundaries between personal and professional lives. We are so lucky to appreciate what he offered us.

I feel you. It still hits me at the most unexpected times. Still hard to believe in some ways.

• Like 2

@SingleLiveShow

Yes, it hits in different ways. I don't have more than a friend or two who even know about them, but I have been a fan all my life.

I have never felt anything when a famous person passed away, until this.

So interesting that he shared, and kept private. I love his books. It is not a contradiction for a writer to do both. A writer gets to decide.

His lyrics...what are you listening to, mostly?

Edited by Bahamas
  • Like 2

Really grateful Neil shared of himself to the public in the ways that he did. Also grateful he modeled exercising boundaries between personal and professional lives. We are so lucky to appreciate what he offered us.

What he gave us was and is infinitely better than what we usually get from "rock stars", namely tabloid stories about their decadent, abusive and destructive lives and actions.

• Like 3

Really grateful Neil shared of himself to the public in the ways that he did. Also grateful he modeled exercising boundaries between personal and professional lives. We are so lucky to appreciate what he offered us.

What he gave us was and is infinitely better than what we usually get from "rock stars", namely tabloid stories about their decadent, abusive and destructive lives and actions.

He was an entirely different type of animal wasn’t he? Thoughtful and introverted. Uncomfortable with attention, but a born performer.

• Like 3