Neil Peart Has Passed Away

southpaw2k5

Don't get upset with me but, on account of the fact that I do have a lot going on in my life, and when Neil died I was in the middle of moving, I don't know all that much about the details surrounding his end.

Yes, I know he had a brain tumor, but I know little else. It is very hard for me to listen to Rush now because Neil was taken way too soon, and no one expected his death.

Can someone fill me in on the pertinent details? I have very little time for myself and do not have enough time to comb through the volume of posts and threads in this section.

There isn't too much other than what you have said. He was diagnosed about three and a half years before he passed in early January, but it was a closely held secret among family and close friends. He had been diagnosed with glioblastoma, which is supposed to be especially aggressive and hard to treat. I know Alex said in an interview that he had had a nice visit with Neil a few months earlier and I'm thinking Alex said that Geddy had visited with Neil as well. There was someone on here (Earl maybe?) that had some relationship with Neil's family and heard in 2019 that Neil was dealing with some kind of illness but really, I think very few people knew until it happened. About the only thing to discuss was that one lower tier musician (don't remember his name, I hadn't heard of him before or since) claimed that he got to visit Neil a few weeks earlier and that he was in bed, unable to talk. Many of us, including me, think it was a false story made up for publicity. Knowing Neil's desire for privacy, I found it hard to believe his family would allow a visit under those circumstances.

Hello Becky and Lorraine! Hope you are both doing well. You know I love you both very much.

Been taking some time off the forum and focusing on my business and personal life.

Yes, the irony of Rushhead right? I met a girl online back on April Fool's Day and almost 30 days later we have totally bonded and connected. She's amazing so I am trying to learn to be a grown up and focus more on Carly. Yes she was named by her dad after Carly Simon.

I am sure that if I spent more time with me ex wife rather than being a blathering rock and roll wannabe expert on here since 2006 things would have been different. So since I care about both of you so much I just wanted to let you know that I am trying to be more mature.

Not sure if that will ever happen, but I am trying to learn from my mistakes and to quote a Pearl Jam title, to be a "Betterman."

So enough about me.

Let's talk. Briefly.

Lorraine, I know you have had a lot of stuff going on in your personal life. You know that I will always be here for you.

You have many on here who support and love you. I know you know this.

So Becky is correct.

Anything I type tonight is old news. It's nothing new or exciting. But I don't blame you for not going back and scrolling through months of misery and sadness.

I will say this though.

Ever since Neil passed away and Kobe crashed in that helicopter humanity has turned to HELL. Ironically we just had Earth Day and the planet is doing just fine. Clear skies, dolphins swimming in the Venice Canals. Nature has reclaimed the Earth.

Anyway, to get down to the topic at hand. Becky is right, although I am not related to the Peart Family in anyway.

It was by random luck and though the business I do with my father in the distribution of footwear.

A gentleman who lives in Thousand Oaks contacted us to do business with him.

He was going to give us 100000 pairs of slippers to ship.

So he flew up back in early November to Hayward Ca to meet us and to do a warehouse walkthrough.

Well, as you both know me very well, my office is very much like my house.

Lot's of Neil Peart and Rush stuff on my office walls!

Well I showed this gentleman my office and he was totally blown away. I have the Neil Peart Paragon tapestry hanging on my wall. He loved it.

So after I told him my Rush Passion and drumming addiction he told me something that I absolutely did not and could not believe. My father was also in the room. Of course my dad has seen RUSH 4 times with me. My mom once. Precious memories.

Anyway this guy told me, I think it was on November 2nd 2019. I try to be accurate and as real as I can be on here. Oh the irony as the Rushhead Haters would type....

So he told my dad and I during the business meeting that he had/has the same nanny as Neil and Carrie had to watch over Olivia.

I said..."NO WAY!"

He said..."YES WAY!" He was a really nice guy!!!

This was November 2nd so he told me that three weeks ago Geddy and Alex flew into LA to visit Neil at his Santa Monica home.

He told me that Neil has been suffering from a brain tumor and that Geddy and Alex wanted to be with him and see how he was doing!!

So as he told my father and I the news, I simply blocked it from my mind.

I thought it was a rumor, but my God, his source was so amazing. The nanny!!!!!

Well I looked at my dad that day and just shook my head in disbelief.

I tried to erase it from my mind. I couldn't believe it!!!!

But then really???? Two plus months later on January 10th 2020 it was TRUE!!!!!!!!

It's kind of ironic that on here I have a big mouth. A bloated vocabulary and love to SHOUT WITH CAPS ON!!! NO FILTER RUSHHEAD!!!! A LOUD MOUTHED ASSHOLE!!! LOL!!

But really?

Something this serious even when I thought it was a rumor???

I wouldn't have leaked that story for one billion dollars back in November.

Privacy and trust are more important than any dollar figure. DUHHHHHHHHHH!! LOL!!!!!

I LOVE YOU NEIL PEART!!! FOREVER!

I LOVE ALL OF MY FRIENDS ON HERE TOO!!!

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

Earl are you in logistics?

That's been my career for the past 2 years. Lots of musicians in this business!

• Like 1

Don't get upset with me but, on account of the fact that I do have a lot going on in my life, and when Neil died I was in the middle of moving, I don't know all that much about the details surrounding his end.

Yes, I know he had a brain tumor, but I know little else. It is very hard for me to listen to Rush now because Neil was taken way too soon, and no one expected his death.

Can someone fill me in on the pertinent details? I have very little time for myself and do not have enough time to comb through the volume of posts and threads in this section.

There isn't too much other than what you have said. He was diagnosed about three and a half years before he passed in early January, but apparently it was a closely held secret among family and close friends. He had been diagnosed with glioblastoma, which is supposed to be an especially aggressive type of brain cancer and hard to treat. I know Alex said in an interview that he had had a nice visit with Neil a few months earlier and I'm thinking Alex said that Geddy had visited with Neil as well. There was someone on here (Earl maybe?) that had some relationship with Neil's family and heard in 2019 that Neil was dealing with some kind of illness but really, I think very few people knew until it happened.

I think a lot more people knew about it than you might think and apparently there were rumours in the industry as well however everyone seemed to keep it to themselves which was fortunate. I was told several years ago by a well known English musician friend who had connections to the band but was at no point told to keep it to myself, the truth is that I simply didn't believe it and promptly forgot about it but he must have told others also. I'm just pleased I didn't put it on here which would have been dreadful!
  • Like 2

There isn't too much other than what you have said. He was diagnosed about three and a half years before he passed in early January, but it was a closely held secret among family and close friends. He had been diagnosed with glioblastoma, which is supposed to be especially aggressive and hard to treat. I know Alex said in an interview that he had had a nice visit with Neil a few months earlier and I'm thinking Alex said that Geddy had visited with Neil as well. There was someone on here (Earl maybe?) that had some relationship with Neil's family and heard in 2019 that Neil was dealing with some kind of illness but really, I think very few people knew until it happened. About the only thing to discuss was that one lower tier musician (don't remember his name, I hadn't heard of him before or since) claimed that he got to visit Neil a few weeks earlier and that he was in bed, unable to talk. Many of us, including me, think it was a false story made up for publicity. Knowing Neil's desire for privacy, I found it hard to believe his family would allow a visit under those circumstances.

Hello Becky and Lorraine! Hope you are both doing well. You know I love you both very much.

Been taking some time off the forum and focusing on my business and personal life.

Yes, the irony of Rushhead right? I met a girl online back on April Fool's Day and almost 30 days later we have totally bonded and connected. She's amazing so I am trying to learn to be a grown up and focus more on Carly. Yes she was named by her dad after Carly Simon.

I am sure that if I spent more time with me ex wife rather than being a blathering rock and roll wannabe expert on here since 2006 things would have been different. So since I care about both of you so much I just wanted to let you know that I am trying to be more mature.

Not sure if that will ever happen, but I am trying to learn from my mistakes and to quote a Pearl Jam title, to be a "Betterman."

So enough about me.

Let's talk. Briefly.

Lorraine, I know you have had a lot of stuff going on in your personal life. You know that I will always be here for you.

So Becky is correct.

Anything I type tonight is old news. It's nothing new or exciting. But I don't blame you for not going back and scrolling through months of misery and sadness.

I will say this though.

Ever since Neil passed away and Kobe crashed in that helicopter humanity has turned to HELL. Ironically we just had Earth Day and the planet is doing just fine. Clear skies, dolphins swimming in the Venice Canals. Nature has reclaimed the Earth.

Anyway, to get down to the topic at hand. Becky is right, although I am not related to the Peart Family in anyway.

It was by random luck and though the business I do with my father in the distribution of footwear.

So he flew up back in early November to Hayward Ca to meet us and to do a warehouse walkthrough.

Well I showed this gentleman my office and he was totally blown away. I have the Neil Peart Paragon tapestry hanging on my wall. He loved it.

So after I told him my Rush Passion and drumming addiction he told me something that I absolutely did not and could not believe. My father was also in the room. Of course my dad has seen RUSH 4 times with me. My mom once. Precious memories.

Anyway this guy told me, I think it was on November 2nd 2019. I try to be accurate and as real as I can be on here. Oh the irony as the Rushhead Haters would type....

So he told my dad and I during the business meeting that he had/has the same nanny as Neil and Carrie had to watch over Olivia.

I said..."NO WAY!"

This was November 2nd so he told me that three weeks ago Geddy and Alex flew into LA to visit Neil at his Santa Monica home.

He told me that Neil has been suffering from a brain tumor and that Geddy and Alex wanted to be with him and see how he was doing!!

But then really???? Two plus months later on January 10th 2020 it was TRUE!!!!!!!!

It's kind of ironic that on here I have a big mouth. A bloated vocabulary and love to SHOUT WITH CAPS ON!!! NO FILTER RUSHHEAD!!!! A LOUD MOUTHED ASSHOLE!!! LOL!!

But really?

Privacy and trust are more important than any dollar figure. DUHHHHHHHHHH!! LOL!!!!!

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

Thanks, Earl. It's important to women that they be treated as if they really matter. If they are #1 in your life, make sure you let them know. Why don't you and Wendy sit down and have a heart-to-heart?

That you kept such a confidence about Neil to yourself, knowing full well how much Rush is loved on here, speaks volumes about your character. You are trustworthy. A rare thing these days.

• Like 1

So enough about me.

Let's talk. Briefly.

So Becky is correct.

I will say this though.

I said..."NO WAY!"

But really?

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

1973!

You are amazing! Yes!!!! I am into logistics and distribution!

We had a trucking company for 22 years and when Zoe was born in 1997 my dad hired me out of college to do sales for the company.

I worked at Safeway for 16 years before that. Lots of hard labor but I made great money when I was young. Missed a lot of rock shows buddy back then but I always got the nights off to see RUSH! LOL!

But sure! The trucking company is gone now, but we still have our distribution center. Hence the sales call with that nice guy from Thousand Oaks. We ship shoes for a living. A middle man.

Like life it's a rollercoaster ride. So many ups and fun times, yet so many downs too. Life is just like running a business.. Life is just like running a show. Sometimes the show stops. But then it will go go go!

You get my drift. So here we are in 2020. We are all in the same boat. Is it the Ark? The Titanic? Does it really matter? We will all get through this in my mind.

Since we ship shoes, boots, denim, socks, and shirts we are still open for business. Times are tough my friend. I have to fight for my money weekly to cover payroll and bills.

But believe it or not, I am a very serious person too.

I was taught well by my amazing dad. I take care of my parents on lockdown weekly. I love them so much.

This is just how I feel at the moment.

I know I've ruffled many feathers on this forum, but I just love a good argument. My English degree at St. Mary's College was fun to get. I learned to draw people into a frenzy by always thinking outside of the box.

So that's really it.

Sure I do like to drink some beers at night and rant and rave, but it's all entertainment. Never really wanted to hurt anyone, but they attack me first. So I go off. "Fight or flight." I only "Fly By Night." HAHAHAHA!!!!

Funny how Pat always asks me if I've ever been in a a fist fight. Nope. I have a big mouth but I don't need to fight. Many stories of coming close though. Always having to fight off drunk assholes trying to pick up my ex wife at a concert or bar.

Silly me.

I love blondes. It's "DANGEROUS BUT WORTH THE RISK!" LOL! RATT!!

Even Alex handed my ex a pick in the pit on the S&A Tour. She was the only female in the sausage fest Rush Pit. LOL!!!

I'm rambling.

Listening to In Absentia BOX SET!! EPIC!!!

Cheers my friend!

Thanks for putting up with me!!!!

I am glad that you are in logistics too! It's a great career to be in. The whole world when strong is always moving.

It's a win win for all!

I wish I went into the rock and roll business 30 years.

As a drummer or as a guy in the biz.

But dude, I have no regrets!

I wish you the best!!!!

Keep kicking ass, and even though the world has to take 2020 off, things will eventually get back to logistics and moving again!

Cheers!

RUSH ON!!!!!!

• Like 2

Does anyone know how long he has had it? Did he know during the R40 tour that his gig was up in more ways than one?

Hi Lorraine!

I will be confident enough to tell you that Neil did NOT know about his condition in 2015. RUSH did not break up forever because of Neil's brain tumor.

It was for the other wear and tear on his body and dang, Neil just couldn't wait to retire. You saw that in the Documentary.

Neil battled the brain tumor for over 3.5 years.

So math and numbers never lie.

Trust me, I am a CFO and I have to run numbers daily, yet I'm an artist at heart! Lucky me! UGH! GIVE ME DRUMS! NOT NUMBERS!

Anyway, Neil was diagnosed in the middle of 2016.

Nothing to do with the end to R40.

RUSH went out on TOP.

I love them so much!!!!!!

As we all sit here in the dark ages of no shows or sports, I look back on my life at the moment and I am so happy with what I have done and seen.

Seeing RUSH at the LA Forum third row at their last show was EPIC.

Flying down with the ex wife and seeing RUSH get inducted into the Fall Of Shame was EPIC!

I mean, I love to drift off topic, but selfishly what were the odds that the one year RUSH gets into the Hall they decide to have it in LA!!!!?

Was it because Neil was in Santa Monica? Easy logistics?

Nah, I don't think so, but wow!

"IT IS WHAT IT IS AND FOREVER!"

Cheers Lorraine! I will always be here for you!!!

"L!"

The world is on lockdown and I am falling in love............ :)

• Like 2

So enough about me.

Let's talk. Briefly.

So Becky is correct.

I will say this though.

I said..."NO WAY!"

But really?

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

Thanks, Earl. It's important to women that they be treated as if they really matter. If they are #1 in your life, make sure you let them know. Why don't you and Wendy sit down and have a heart-to-heart?

That you kept such a confidence about Neil to yourself, knowing full well how much Rush is loved on here, speaks volumes about your character. You are trustworthy. A rare thing these days.

Lorraine! WOW!

I am honored and flattered by your kind words. That being said, you truly know the real me.

It's funny you bring up Wendy tonight. So thanks to Covid my gardner cannot enter my backyard.

So I went out there for hours and hours and trimmed and cut and cleaned out everything myself.

I then added a swing chair. A fire pit, benches, pillows and a lighting system above.

Zoe, my oldest daughter is sooooo happy! She is having over her boyfriend and her best friend over.

It's safe. I only let those two in my home.

There is no sickness and we do protocol with social distancing in the front and backyard.

All good.

But Lorraine, as you know I am not on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter? No clue about that.

I turned off my eHarmony account too. I am focused purely on Carly. She's dynamite.

We talk, text and video chat daily. 30 days!!

Our first phone call was on April Fool's Day. Love it. Hope she doesn't fool me on our first date! LOL!

Anyway, Wendy sent me a text tonight.

She told me that she saw a pic on Zoe's Facebook and loved the backyard.

Lorraine, I know this is on a public forum but there is NO WAY I WOULD EVER GO BACK TO WENDY!!!

I know you know I still love her, but that ship has sailed......

I will confess that over the last five years, the grass has never been greener since Wendy.

But Lorraine, I'm falling for a girl named Carly.

One day at a time I know!

But as we reap we sow.

I really like this girl.

My Name is Earl....

LOL!

LOVE YOU!

Without TRUST you have nothing with any human!!!! You wonder why it is so rare these days???

I learned it all from my awesome parents!!!!!

My mom and dad RULE!!!!!!

I will always take care of them, as they have always taken care of me.

RUSH ON!

• Like 4

So enough about me.

Let's talk. Briefly.

So Becky is correct.

I will say this though.

I said..."NO WAY!"

But really?

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

1973!

We had a trucking company for 22 years and when Zoe was born in 1997 my dad hired me out of college to do sales for the company.

I worked at Safeway for 16 years before that. Lots of hard labor but I made great money when I was young. Missed a lot of rock shows buddy back then but I always got the nights off to see RUSH! LOL!

But sure! The trucking company is gone now, but we still have our distribution center. Hence the sales call with that nice guy from Thousand Oaks. We ship shoes for a living. A middle man.

Like life it's a rollercoaster ride. So many ups and fun times, yet so many downs too. Life is just like running a business.. Life is just like running a show. Sometimes the show stops. But then it will go go go!

You get my drift. So here we are in 2020. We are all in the same boat. Is it the Ark? The Titanic? Does it really matter? We will all get through this in my mind.

Since we ship shoes, boots, denim, socks, and shirts we are still open for business. Times are tough my friend. I have to fight for my money weekly to cover payroll and bills.

I was taught well by my amazing dad. I take care of my parents on lockdown weekly. I love them so much.

I know I've ruffled many feathers on this forum, but I just love a good argument. My English degree at St. Mary's College was fun to get. I learned to draw people into a frenzy by always thinking outside of the box.

So that's really it.

Sure I do like to drink some beers at night and rant and rave, but it's all entertainment. Never really wanted to hurt anyone, but they attack me first. So I go off. "Fight or flight." I only "Fly By Night." HAHAHAHA!!!!

Funny how Pat always asks me if I've ever been in a a fist fight. Nope. I have a big mouth but I don't need to fight. Many stories of coming close though. Always having to fight off drunk assholes trying to pick up my ex wife at a concert or bar.

Silly me.

Even Alex handed my ex a pick in the pit on the S&A Tour. She was the only female in the sausage fest Rush Pit. LOL!!!

I'm rambling.

Cheers my friend!

I am glad that you are in logistics too! It's a great career to be in. The whole world when strong is always moving.

It's a win win for all!

I wish you the best!!!!

Keep kicking ass, and even though the world has to take 2020 off, things will eventually get back to logistics and moving again!

Cheers!

RUSH ON!!!!!!

HAHA! You too man. What shit show 2020 is, but you are right - things will swing around.

• Like 1

So enough about me.

Let's talk. Briefly.

So Becky is correct.

I will say this though.

I said..."NO WAY!"

But really?

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

Lorraine! WOW!

I am honored and flattered by your kind words. That being said, you truly know the real me.

It's funny you bring up Wendy tonight. So thanks to Covid my gardner cannot enter my backyard.

So I went out there for hours and hours and trimmed and cut and cleaned out everything myself.

I then added a swing chair. A fire pit, benches, pillows and a lighting system above.

Zoe, my oldest daughter is sooooo happy! She is having over her boyfriend and her best friend over.

There is no sickness and we do protocol with social distancing in the front and backyard.

All good.

But Lorraine, as you know I am not on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter? No clue about that.

I turned off my eHarmony account too. I am focused purely on Carly. She's dynamite.

Our first phone call was on April Fool's Day. Love it. Hope she doesn't fool me on our first date! LOL!

Lorraine, I know this is on a public forum but there is NO WAY I WOULD EVER GO BACK TO WENDY!!!

I will confess that over the last five years, the grass has never been greener since Wendy.

But as we reap we sow.

I really like this girl.

My Name is Earl....

LOL!

LOVE YOU!

Without TRUST you have nothing with any human!!!! You wonder why it is so rare these days???

RUSH ON!

It sounds like you and Carly have something very special! I'm glad you have happiness as the world is going nuts. Thanks for the information about Neil and take care as the days wind on. :hi: :hi:

• Like 2

So enough about me.

Let's talk. Briefly.

So Becky is correct.

I will say this though.

I said..."NO WAY!"

But really?

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

Lorraine! WOW!

All good.

But as we reap we sow.

I really like this girl.

My Name is Earl....

LOL!

LOVE YOU!

RUSH ON!

Earl, you are truly one of a kind. :hug2:

• Like 1

So enough about me.

Let's talk. Briefly.

So Becky is correct.

I will say this though.

I said..."NO WAY!"

But really?

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

1973!

So that's really it.

Silly me.

I'm rambling.

Cheers my friend!

It's a win win for all!

I wish you the best!!!!

Cheers!

RUSH ON!!!!!!

HAHA! You too man. What shit show 2020 is, but you are right - things will swing around.

You got it buddy!!! Things will swing again!

Love,

Buddy Rich

• Like 1

So enough about me.

Let's talk. Briefly.

So Becky is correct.

I will say this though.

I said..."NO WAY!"

But really?

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

Lorraine! WOW!

All good.

But as we reap we sow.

I really like this girl.

My Name is Earl....

LOL!

LOVE YOU!

RUSH ON!

It sounds like you and Carly have something very special! I'm glad you have happiness as the world is going nuts. Thanks for the information about Neil and take care as the days wind on. :hi: :hi:

Becky!! I love you!! So nice to have amazing female friends on here! I'm a lucky guy!

It is incredible and the world is shut down, yet talking and texting to Carly daily and nightly before she goes to bed is so nice. So romantic and fun!!!

You are welcome about the info!

NEIL RULES! FOREVER!!!!

The cells tick away, the days tick away but we are all in this together.

Be safe!! Love you!!

• Like 2

So enough about me.

Let's talk. Briefly.

So Becky is correct.

I will say this though.

I said..."NO WAY!"

But really?

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

Lorraine! WOW!

All good.

But as we reap we sow.

I really like this girl.

My Name is Earl....

LOL!

LOVE YOU!

RUSH ON!

Earl, you are truly one of a kind. :hug2:

Thanks Lorraine! See? You really know me.

I love you!

• Like 2

Speaking truthfully (regarding Peart) if I had heard about any illness rumors anywhere I would have been in denial and refused to contemplate the obvious.

Back on topic, when I want to cheer myself up I watch "Beyond The Lighted Stage" and bask in the legendary high points that Rush the band managed to hit over a storied career. We are all so lucky to have had them. God bless them all.

• Like 1

Hi all. Been doing ok after all this and you guys are the BEST when comforting each other at a time liked this. Been busy with college stuff do be on here but just wanted to let you all know that Neil is always with me and with us mo matter where we are in the world. Love you all lot and to RUSHHEAD666, You are a joy do be around!! And Lorrene, ya didnt miss too much of Neils death other than it was such a shock to us fans to lose him at such a young age...Hope you are well and be at peace as Neil is not in pain anymore.
  • Like 2

Hi all. Been doing ok after all this and you guys are the BEST when comforting each other at a time liked this. Been busy with college stuff do be on here but just wanted to let you all know that Neil is always with me and with us mo matter where we are in the world. Love you all lot and to RUSHHEAD666, You are a joy do be around!! And Lorrene, ya didnt miss too much of Neils death other than it was such a shock to us fans to lose him at such a young age...Hope you are well and be at peace as Neil is not in pain anymore.

Thank you Susan! I am flattered! Lots of love to you and your family! BE SAFE!!!

RUSH ON!!!

Earl

• Like 1

Hi, Susan!!! It really is good to see you, and I'm glad to hear you are in college and doing well. Much love to you, friend. :hug2:

Does anyone know how long he has had it? Did he know during the R40 tour that his gig was up in more ways than one?

Think Earl has it right, he wasn't diagnosed until after the end of R40. Some have said he left some clues in his last book Far and Wide, Bring that Horizon to Me. I started reading it after he passed but only made it through a couple of chapters. It just made me cry when he talks about a trip he made to his cabin in Quebec with Olivia. The parts I read made it sound like he was trying to get it all written down like he thought he needed to hurry, but I haven't finished it yet.

There is a post on the forum about an interview with Stewart Copeland in Rolling Stone. He and Neil had become good friends before Rush called it a day and they used to jam together with some other musicians. He had some nice things to say in that interview and it sounded like he visited him while he was ill too. Might check that out.

• Like 3

Think Earl has it right, he wasn't diagnosed until after the end of R40. Some have said he left some clues in his last book Far and Wide, Bring that Horizon to Me. I started reading it after he passed but only made it through a couple of chapters. It just made me cry when he talks about a trip he made to his cabin in Quebec with Olivia. The parts I read made it sound like he was trying to get it all written down like he thought he needed to hurry, but I haven't finished it yet.

There is a post on the forum about an interview with Stewart Copeland in Rolling Stone. He and Neil had become good friends before Rush called it a day and they used to jam together with some other musicians. He had some nice things to say in that interview and it sounded like he visited him while he was ill too. Might check that out.

Thanks Rhyta.

Gosh I love Stewart. I remember back in the day reading an article that Stewart Copeland was waiting backstage to meet Neil after a gig. Neil ran right by him and didn't give him the time of day.

It's nice to read that Neil and Stewart became friends many many years later.

• Like 2

Just opened my copy of Far And Wide, which arrived Friday evening.

Sorry for being so late, Neil! I’m a getting right on it......!! :blush:

• Like 1

I have pangs, every once in a while still, where I can't believe Neil is gone. And, my heart sinks.

Well my dear friend.

Hope this helps during the worst year I've ever lived in so far.

I finally put on my black and yellow lettered N PEART license plate on my car.

I've had this plate for over three years. I didn't just get it at the California DMV after Neil's passing.

As you know I have about 5 or 6 RUSH plates going back to 1986.

Everyone who loves RUSH can be their number one fan. I know I am. lol

Anyway I drove to my brother's house last week for a Memorial Day BBQ. Social Distancing and outside only.

Well I left my Audi there overnight and my awesome parents drove Zoe and I home.

Well I'm not on any social media. Just here and lame ass eDisharmony.

So Zoe is like... "Dad! Check this out!!! A woman was walking in your brother's neighborhood and took a picture of your license plate. She put it on Facebook and said.... "Wow! Now this is some serious homage!"

See??????!!!!!!

People know!!!!!

Since putting my plates on again people honk at me. Give me the devil horns into the sky.

It's incredible.

RUSH LOVE isn't a fuckingg cult following. So tired of that crap.

WE ARE A FAMILY!!!

RUSH FOREVER!!!!!!

Listening to "Counterparts" as I type! Don't believe the hype!!! RUSH RULES!!!!!!

LOVE YA SULLY!

• Like 3