Neil Peart Has Passed Away

southpaw2k5

https://www.instagra...d=1otj3f8znj57s

Any of you remember what this was for? So touching to see Neil smiling and SINGING along. And theyre (for those that might not know) singing the Flintstone anniversary song! (what was 200 years old?).

https://www.youtube....h?v=knp9-GY6fHE

3 knuckleheads. :)

• Like 2

Any of you remember what this was for? So touching to see Neil smiling and SINGING along. And theyre (for those that might not know) singing the Flintstone anniversary song! (what was 200 years old?).

Three Legendary nerds.

• Like 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9rEE_NhxFk/?igshid=1otj3f8znj57s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knp9-GY6fHE

It was a message to Trey and Matt, the South Park guys. Not sure what the landmark for them was (maybe 200th episode?).

IIRC they were in the studio recording the Caravan / BU2B single when this was filmed.

Cheers for the Flintstones link, I had no idea that's what they were singing :)

Edited by Lurkst
  • Like 2

It was a message to Trey and Matt, the South Park guys. Not sure what the landmark for them was (maybe 200th episode?).

IIRC they were in the studio recording the Caravan / BU2B single when this was filmed.

Cheers for the Flintstones link, I had no idea that's what they were singing :)

Thanks! It did look like a studio time, but I wasn't sure - South Park makes total sense... Yes - thats an old one, but I used to call my parents and sing this in the phone to them.

Three Legendary nerds.

Before Neil's death: cringey

After Neil's death: poignant

• Like 1

I'm an old member from years ago... Way before I ever had the privilege of meeting Alex and Geddy..

I never got to meet Neil but honestly, finding out the news made me choke up. I play music cause of Neil...

He was my personal favourite drummer and the most entertaining drummer in rock ever and more importantly, he seemed to be a really amazing person.

Extremely intelligent and wise. His lyrics will always be the best literary work I've ever studied.

• Like 7

I'm an old member from years ago... Way before I ever had the privilege of meeting Alex and Geddy..

I never got to meet Neil but honestly, finding out the news made me choke up. I play music cause of Neil...

He was my personal favourite drummer and the most entertaining drummer in rock ever and more importantly, he seemed to be a really amazing person.

Extremely intelligent and wise. His lyrics will always be the best literary work I've ever studied.

DITTO

• Like 1

Meytal's new tribute to NEP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7vRII_Zh70

Her kick work seems a bit busier than Neil's, which I like in this case.

Here's Peart's track, isolated.

http://youtu.be/S-BEhgwVOvY

Incredible.

Nobody should smile playing Tom Sawyer. Neil always made it look harder.

Incredible.

I saw this recently. She butchers certain sections of it.

• Like 1

I had a dream about Neil last night. He came down into the audience before the encore of a concert I was at and signed some autographs and took pictures with fans. It was a younger Neil. Just a dream.
  • Like 2

Incredible.

I saw this recently. She butchers certain sections of it.

She is - an OK drummer.

I had a dream about Neil last night. He came down into the audience before the encore of a concert I was at and signed some autographs and took pictures with fans. It was a younger Neil. Just a dream.

Incredible brother.

I dream of Rush, Neil, the ocean and my new girlfriend who I met online on March 30th.

It's incredible. The world is on lockdown and I think I found the girl of my dreams. Typical for Rushhead right buddy? I can't take her out yet on a first date but we have been texting, video chatting and face timing. It's a new world, yet I am still on the path to find real love.

I kind of love the irony.

Hoping things will get sort of back to normalcy. Social distancing will be a factor for years, but I love the challenge. Meeting a girl during a Pandemic. She's amazing. Inside and out. Just hoping for that first date my friend.

We have already bonded and are good friends. Ever see that TV show "Love Is Blind? I get it man.

I think she is a solid drummer. I'm fuckking a Rush Freak on the skins and I can hold my own. She Rocks! No one is perfect at anything!! Even Neil screwed up a lot during live shows. Ummmmm, I am nothing special. But have seen RUSH 60 times since 1984...........

Just fuckking play and have fun!!! LIFE IS SHORT!!!!

I'm a goofball and I am falling in love during a PANDEMIC!! LOL!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

• Like 2

Incredible brother.

I dream of Rush, Neil, the ocean and my new girlfriend who I met online on March 30th.

It's incredible. The world is on lockdown and I think I found the girl of my dreams. Typical for Rushhead right buddy? I can't take her out yet on a first date but we have been texting, video chatting and face timing. It's a new world, yet I am still on the path to find real love.

Hoping things will get sort of back to normalcy. Social distancing will be a factor for years, but I love the challenge. Meeting a girl during a Pandemic. She's amazing. Inside and out. Just hoping for that first date my friend.

We have already bonded and are good friends. Ever see that TV show "Love Is Blind? I get it man.

I think she is a solid drummer. I'm fuckking a Rush Freak on the skins and I can hold my own. She Rocks! No one is perfect at anything!! Even Neil screwed up a lot during live shows. Ummmmm, I am nothing special. But have seen RUSH 60 times since 1984...........

LOVE IT!!!!

That is hilarious Earl! Meanwhile marriages are falling apart all over the place as spouses are forced to be together!

• Like 1

Incredible brother.

LOVE IT!!!!

That is hilarious Earl! Meanwhile marriages are falling apart all over the place as spouses are forced to be together!

Thanks brother! It's crazy my friend and I totally get it. So glad I've been divorced for 5 years. I'm ready again well at least I hope for a serious relationship again.

I know man, on a sad note it's so true!!! Think about all of the broken marriages and relationships in the world today and they have to stay together in lockdown.

Do you think Covid could actually save some marriages? I don't know how a man or woman can go out and cheat right now but I guess they could. Foolish mortal humans! "Love The One You're With." I yearn to be in love again one day and even though I was with Wendy for 21 years and never cheated we still grew apart in the end.

I really feel sorry for the kids too who are involved and having to be on lockdown with angry abusive parents. It's a horrible thought man, I am sure domestic violence rates are up too. Sad.

I will say it again my friend and it's not the world that is crazy or going to shit. It's HUMANITY!!

Ever since Neil Peart passed away humanity has gone to shit.

It's like "The Day The Earth Stood Still." But now it's "The Year The Earth Stood Still 2020."

I thought 2020 was going to be amazing. I clear year like great vision. lol

But dude, the flip side to this is that the Earth is better now. Blue skies above China. Dolphins and schools of fish swimming in the Venice Canals. The air is fresher. The animal kingdom is on the rise again. I see there are coyotes in the streets of San Francisco. The brown bear population in Yosemite has quadrupled.

Wild times my friend. Be safe.

• Like 1

Don't get upset with me but, on account of the fact that I do have a lot going on in my life, and when Neil died I was in the middle of moving, I don't know all that much about the details surrounding his end.

Yes, I know he had a brain tumor, but I know little else. It is very hard for me to listen to Rush now because Neil was taken way too soon, and no one expected his death.

Can someone fill me in on the pertinent details? I have very little time for myself and do not have enough time to comb through the volume of posts and threads in this section.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

Don't get upset with me but, on account of the fact that I do have a lot going on in my life, and when Neil died I was in the middle of moving, I don't know all that much about the details surrounding his end.

Yes, I know he had a brain tumor, but I know little else. It is very hard for me to listen to Rush now because Neil was taken way too soon, and no one expected his death.

Can someone fill me in on the pertinent details? I have very little time for myself and do not have enough time to comb through the volume of posts and threads in this section.

There isn't too much other than what you have said. He was diagnosed about three and a half years before he passed in early January, but apparently it was a closely held secret among family and close friends. He had been diagnosed with glioblastoma, which is supposed to be an especially aggressive type of brain cancer and hard to treat. I know Alex said in an interview that he had had a nice visit with Neil a few months earlier and I'm thinking Alex said that Geddy had visited with Neil as well. There was someone on here (Earl maybe?) that had some relationship with Neil's family and heard in 2019 that Neil was dealing with some kind of illness but really, I think very few people knew until it happened. About the only thing to discuss was that one lower tier musician (don't remember his name, I hadn't heard of him before or since) claimed that he got to visit Neil a few weeks earlier and that he was in bed, unable to talk. Many of us, including me, think it was a false story made up for publicity. Knowing Neil's desire for privacy, I found it hard to believe his family would allow a visit under those circumstances.

There was never any kind of word from the family about a memorial type service or final resting place (if there even was one.) Again, not really a surprise, knowing how private Neil was.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 3

Ok, there is more I wrote but I don't know where it went! :LOL: A lot of TRFers returned to share, we discussed endlessly whether Alex and Geddy would ever allow another drummer, and a Rush charity organization was planning a large tribute concert in Neil's hometown, working with Neil's sister. It was supposed to be in May, but of course coronavirus happened and everything has changed.

I know how much you enjoy Rush's music, I hope you get back to it sometime! I am ok with listening but it is hard for me to watch them since Neil passed, knowing it is all over.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

There isn't too much other than what you have said. He was diagnosed about three and a half years before he passed in early January, but it was a closely held secret among family and close friends. He had been diagnosed with glioblastoma, which is supposed to be especially aggressive and hard to treat. I know Alex said in an interview that he had had a nice visit with Neil a few months earlier and I'm thinking Alex said that Geddy had visited with Neil as well. There was someone on here (Earl maybe?) that had some relationship with Neil's family and heard in 2019 that Neil was dealing with some kind of illness but really, I think very few people knew until it happened. About the only thing to discuss was that one lower tier musician (don't remember his name, I hadn't heard of him before or since) claimed that he got to visit Neil a few weeks earlier and that he was in bed, unable to talk. Many of us, including me, think it was a false story made up for publicity. Knowing Neil's desire for privacy, I found it hard to believe his family would allow a visit under those circumstances.

Hello Becky and Lorraine! Hope you are both doing well. You know I love you both very much.

Been taking some time off the forum and focusing on my business and personal life.

Yes, the irony of Rushhead right? I met a girl online back on April Fool's Day and almost 30 days later we have totally bonded and connected. She's amazing so I am trying to learn to be a grown up and focus more on Carly. Yes she was named by her dad after Carly Simon.

I am sure that if I spent more time with me ex wife rather than being a blathering rock and roll wannabe expert on here since 2006 things would have been different. So since I care about both of you so much I just wanted to let you know that I am trying to be more mature.

Not sure if that will ever happen, but I am trying to learn from my mistakes and to quote a Pearl Jam title, to be a "Betterman."

So enough about me.

Let's talk. Briefly.

Lorraine, I know you have had a lot of stuff going on in your personal life. You know that I will always be here for you.

You have many on here who support and love you. I know you know this.

So Becky is correct.

Anything I type tonight is old news. It's nothing new or exciting. But I don't blame you for not going back and scrolling through months of misery and sadness.

I will say this though.

Ever since Neil passed away and Kobe crashed in that helicopter humanity has turned to HELL. Ironically we just had Earth Day and the planet is doing just fine. Clear skies, dolphins swimming in the Venice Canals. Nature has reclaimed the Earth.

Anyway, to get down to the topic at hand. Becky is right, although I am not related to the Peart Family in anyway.

It was by random luck and though the business I do with my father in the distribution of footwear.

A gentleman who lives in Thousand Oaks contacted us to do business with him.

He was going to give us 100000 pairs of slippers to ship.

So he flew up back in early November to Hayward Ca to meet us and to do a warehouse walkthrough.

Well, as you both know me very well, my office is very much like my house.

Lot's of Neil Peart and Rush stuff on my office walls!

Well I showed this gentleman my office and he was totally blown away. I have the Neil Peart Paragon tapestry hanging on my wall. He loved it.

So after I told him my Rush Passion and drumming addiction he told me something that I absolutely did not and could not believe. My father was also in the room. Of course my dad has seen RUSH 4 times with me. My mom once. Precious memories.

Anyway this guy told me, I think it was on November 2nd 2019. I try to be accurate and as real as I can be on here. Oh the irony as the Rushhead Haters would type....

So he told my dad and I during the business meeting that he had/has the same nanny as Neil and Carrie had to watch over Olivia.

I said..."NO WAY!"

He said..."YES WAY!" He was a really nice guy!!!

This was November 2nd so he told me that three weeks ago Geddy and Alex flew into LA to visit Neil at his Santa Monica home.

He told me that Neil has been suffering from a brain tumor and that Geddy and Alex wanted to be with him and see how he was doing!!

So as he told my father and I the news, I simply blocked it from my mind.

I thought it was a rumor, but my God, his source was so amazing. The nanny!!!!!

Well I looked at my dad that day and just shook my head in disbelief.

I tried to erase it from my mind. I couldn't believe it!!!!

But then really???? Two plus months later on January 10th 2020 it was TRUE!!!!!!!!

It's kind of ironic that on here I have a big mouth. A bloated vocabulary and love to SHOUT WITH CAPS ON!!! NO FILTER RUSHHEAD!!!! A LOUD MOUTHED ASSHOLE!!! LOL!!

But really?

Something this serious even when I thought it was a rumor???

I wouldn't have leaked that story for one billion dollars back in November.

Privacy and trust are more important than any dollar figure. DUHHHHHHHHHH!! LOL!!!!!

I LOVE YOU NEIL PEART!!! FOREVER!

I LOVE ALL OF MY FRIENDS ON HERE TOO!!!

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

• Like 7