Neil Peart Has Passed Away

southpaw2k5

You've got to be kidding.

He wasn't just the greatest drummer of all time, he wasn't just one of the greatest lyricists of all time, he was also one of the only rock stars to put his family before his career in the end. How old can his daughter be now? He should've had more time with her, and her with him. :(

• Like 9

I haven't posted here in quite some time.

I am beyond stunned. Truly. This is perhaps the first time I have actually cried over the passing of a musician.

as with many of you, Rush has been with me my entire life. They became me. They existed as a microcosm of my personal self. I worshiped them to an extent. Now, my favorite Rush song, Losing It, becomes even harder to listen to, and even more emotional.

I hope everyone here is doing well with the news. I know I'll be grieving for some time.

Take care,

Nate2112

• Like 5

Not been here for years, but back today to pay tribute to the Professor. It seems so unfair.

The bell tolls for thee.

Rush are the only band where lyrics add something to my listening experience and actually addressed real thoughts and feelings beyond love, sex. He leaves a unique legacy and will sit amongst the greatest. A brilliant man.
  • Like 3

Wow, If feel sad for his family and happy I got to see him perform so many wonderful times. I am also happy that he left us so much damn music! May have to watch a concert Blu Ray this weekend...

I'm not shocked to be honest just saddened. Rush has been a huge part of my life since 76' and they have given me so much pleasure. I knew deep down that night in Atlanta 2015 would be the last time. RIP and thanks....
  • Like 1

I haven't logged on this board in a few months, but I did today after hearing the news, just to say:

Rest In Peace my reluctant friend. I know that your relationship with instant fanatic friends was always something that you never wanted thrust upon you, but I always liked your words and thought that I could have brought a little joy to your life had we had the chance. It would have been the least I could do, since you have brought me so much joy that I could never repay. Thank you for having the courage to be your unique self under the weight of the demands of people who only ever got to know you through your art. These things, your things, will live for a very long time. Thank you for leaving them here for us to enjoy. My best wishes are with the family you leave behind.

• Like 5

I'm stunned. I was hoping it was fake news. It's a busy weekend and I just caught the news by accident, I can't believe it. It's such a loss for Carrie and Olivia, and the world. Rest In Paradise, Neil, you have earned it. I'll have a drink in your honor tonight.
  • Like 7