Victor + My Favorite Headache / 2 = RUSH

Huge Ackman

I've listened to both Victor and My Favorite Headache at some length. I prefer Victor but deeply appreciate MFH.

My feeling is that these two individual records bracket the broad continuum that represents the total sound that is RUSH. Alex's solo work is guitar-centered and frenetic. Geddy's is richly orchestrated and melodic. On average, wandering between these two "extremes" is the total package that makes RUSH so unique and special.

Just my opinion that I felt like sharing to start the New Year....

Rock ON!!!

RushatRedRocks2010443.jpg

RushatRedRocks2010483.jpg

• Like 2

I've listened to both Victor and My Favorite Headache at some length. I prefer Victor but deeply appreciate MFH.

My feeling is that these two individual records bracket the broad continuum that represents the total sound that is RUSH. Alex's solo work is guitar-centered and frenetic. Geddy's is richly orchestrated and melodic. On average, wandering between these two "extremes" is the total package that makes RUSH so unique and special.

Just my opinion that I felt like sharing to start the New Year....

Rock ON!!!

RushatRedRocks2010443.jpg

RushatRedRocks2010483.jpg

That's a hell of a birthmark, Geddy!

• Like 1

There should be a left parenthesis before Victor, and a right one after Headache, unless you think that Victor is twice as good as MFH.

VICTOR + MY FAVORITE HEADACHE = MEDIORCE + MUNDANE + MUD = MEH MUSIC MELTING NEW WORLD MAN MINDS.

I love ya HUGE! These two albums are a bore.

Without Lee, Lifeson, and Peart together, these three guys are just average apart as writers.

I love how some of you think that Neil has two studio solo albums too. LOL!

He produced two "Burning For Buddy" records with many top world class drummers. I don't agree about a Neil Peart solo album at all.

Give me Jeff Berlin's "Champion" album. Neil shines on the ending track.

Are some of you Rush Fanatics really that desperate for new material from Geddy and Alex? I would welcome it too but not holding my breath.

As Def Leppard would say... "LET IT GO."

I was there in that wine cellar having a wonderful lunch with Rod for the Grapes Under Pressure IV trip.

Someone at my table asked Gaddy about a "My Favorite Headache II" album. All Geddy said was....... "Well you never know."

Come on really?

I would hope Geddy and Alex do something together than apart. Just take all the elements for past "solo" albums.

Geddy and Alex should write a record and use many different drummers on the tracks. "Burning With Buddy" Meets Rush Meets Victor Meets My Favorite Headache.

FUSION!!!

RUSHON!!!!! LOL!

Yeah, you can hear what each guy brought to the band. Lersxt with the zany heavy off the wall stuff, and Ged with the melodies and fuller sound.

Put those two halves together and you have Rush's musical formula. Most of it anyway.

VICTOR + MY FAVORITE HEADACHE = MEDIORCE + MUNDANE + MUD = MEH MUSIC MELTING NEW WORLD MAN MINDS.

Without Lee, Lifeson, and Peart together, these three guys are just average apart as writers.

He produced two "Burning For Buddy" records with many top world class drummers. I don't agree about a Neil Peart solo album at all.

Are some of you Rush Fanatics really that desperate for new material from Geddy and Alex? I would welcome it too but not holding my breath.

I was there in that wine cellar having a wonderful lunch with Rod for the Grapes Under Pressure IV trip.

Someone at my table asked Gaddy about a "My Favorite Headache II" album. All Geddy said was....... "Well you never know."

Come on really?

I would hope Geddy and Alex do something together than apart. Just take all the elements for past "solo" albums.

Geddy and Alex should write a record and use many different drummers on the tracks. "Burning With Buddy" Meets Rush Meets Victor Meets My Favorite Headache.

FUSION!!!

RUSHON!!!!! LOL!

One drop of a single note from a new Geddy & Alex project and you’d be jacking off sooner than you can say “Here, take my money!” :LOL:

• Like 1

I thought Neil’s work with Vertical Horizon was pretty damn great. Probably the best of the non-rush songs created by a member of Rush.

Good point. I liked his drumming on those songs too!

I've written a thread or two on here about Neil's drumming on the the last track of that Jeff Berlin "Champion" album. I absolutely love Neil's drumming on that song. Many on here think it's pure cheese........

Extra cheese please!!

Come on really?

FUSION!!!

RUSHON!!!!! LOL!

One drop of a single note from a new Geddy & Alex project and you’d be jacking off sooner than you can say “Here, take my money!” :LOL:

Hahahaha! Oh JB! You know me soooooooo well.

I just jacked off to "Perfect Strangers." Deep Purple Balls baby! LOL! Not now!

Give me a new Geddy Alex record. If they have guest drummers I will do the "Best I Can" to record a track with them! I might have a way........................

To be continued....

So if I retire JB in the next three years, I would expect to meet you in Japan one day.......................

• Like 1

Come on really?

FUSION!!!

RUSHON!!!!! LOL!

I've been very lucky Johnny B.

I've met Geddy, Alex, Neil and Ginger Lynn in my life. I could fill a bath tub.

Signed,

10cc

But.... "I'm Not in Love"

Hahahaha!!! I love shooting of my "LOVE PUN!"

KISS me JB! I want to go on a "Rocket Ride!" LOL!!!!!

• Like 1

Victor pisses all over MFH from the highest cliff imaginable.....what a gutless, safe blandfest.

Two albums of pure shit. I'm cranking the new Angel Witch at 2:38 AM. It's incredible.

Gaddy and Alex are nothing without Neil.

Geddy and Alex are nothing without John Rutsey.

Sad really.

Two geniuses, dependent on drummers. LOL!!! I LOVE IT!

• Like 1

Victor pisses all over MFH from the highest cliff imaginable.....what a gutless, safe blandfest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKaBnXj42cA

"With the Victor goes the spoils."

I would take "Victor" over the bland piece of shite MFH. I mean really? You get Matt Cameron to lay down the drum tracks and you still shit the bed???? Ged??? Head? Right Said Fred? Med? Jed? Ed?

JUNK!

• Like 1

Geddy and Alex are like little schoolgirls with skinned knees on a chalk heart playground when it comes to writing lyrics without Neil.

Just a waste of time.

"Chemistry" on the irony eh? LOL!

Geddy and Alex without Neil is like a fuckking Lamborghini without a fuckking engine. DUHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Like 1

Geddy and Alex are like little schoolgirls with skinned knees on a chalk heart playground when it comes to writing lyrics without Neil.

Just a waste of time.

Geddy and Alex without Neil is like a fuckking Lamborghini without a fuckking engine. DUHHHHHHHHHHHH

It’s more like Alex is the engine, Geddy the chassis, and Neil the driver. No driver, no go.

But it wouldn’t take much to hire a new driver...or hire multiple drivers on the road to an album.

• Like 1

Just a waste of time.

It’s more like Alex is the engine, Geddy the chassis, and Neil the driver. No driver, no go.

But it wouldn’t take much to hire a new driver...or hire multiple drivers on the road to an album.

Happy New Year JB!

Post of the year!

• Like 1

There should be a left parenthesis before Victor, and a right one after Headache, unless you think that Victor is twice as good as MFH.

pedant

Both albums are pedestrian at best. To the "Victor" goes the spoils.

"My Favorite Headache?"

Reminds me of my fuckking ex wife.

Matt Cameron is the only saving "Grace Under Pressure" on that torturous album.........

Just a waste of time.

Happy New Year JB!

Post of the year!

:cheers:

Happy New Year Earl!

Pedant.

Fixed