Rank Your Favorite Bands' Albums

ST3V

Sonata Arctica

this one's actually the most difficult one yet, particularly with their top albums

5/5

1. Reckoning Night

2. Winterheart's Guild

3. Silence

4. Unia

4/5

5. Ecliptica

6. Pariah's Child

7. Stones Grow Her Name

8. The Days of Grays

3/5 -- (very mediocre or even just flat out bad aside from a a limited few songs)

9. The Ninth Hour

10. Talviyo (this one's their latest and still has some growing on me to do, might change my mind on it and put it above Ninth Hour later..)

Oh my goodness I love your list! I don't agree with everything but Reckoning Night at number one is CORRECT!

The latest album to me is listenable but I was sorely disappointed. I've got a very soft spot for The Ninth Hour

• Like 1

Going to try Sonata Arctica:

1. Reckoning Night

2. Winterheart's Guild

3. Silence

4. Unia

5. Days Of Grays

6. Ecliptica

7. The Ninth Hour

8. Pariah's Child

9. Stones Grow Her Name

10. Talviyo

• Like 1

Type O Negative

1. Dead Again

2. Life is Killing Me

3. October Rust

4. World Coming Down

5. Bloody Kisses (meh)

(shit:)

6. Slow Deep & Hard / Origin of Feces

Bloody Kisses, "meh"?

Okay bitch, the fight is on!

World Coming Down might just be my favourite though...

• Like 2

Type O Negative

1. Dead Again

2. Life is Killing Me

3. October Rust

4. World Coming Down

5. Bloody Kisses (meh)

Are you a newer fan of the band? I don't know of anybody who would rate those two albums first unless they got into them during the bands later years. Even then I don't think those fans would even rate those two albums up top.

• Like 1

Type O Negative

1. Dead Again

2. Life is Killing Me

3. October Rust

4. World Coming Down

5. Bloody Kisses (meh)

Bloody Kisses, "meh"?

World Coming Down might just be my favourite though...

Was very close to putting it over "October Rust" - the albums might be equals to me

Type O Negative

1. Dead Again

2. Life is Killing Me

3. October Rust

4. World Coming Down

5. Bloody Kisses (meh)

Are you a newer fan of the band? I don't know of anybody who would rate those two albums first unless they got into them during the bands later years. Even then I don't think those fans would even rate those two albums up top.

Bloody Kisses, "meh"?

Yeah, 2020

Their first two albums are too much like Carnivore, Bloody Kisses is slow and the lyrical content doesn't really impress me - Christian Woman for example is an amazing song, probably the best from Bloody Kisses but the lyrics are unsettling for me. Black No 1 is a fine song but generic enough for anyone in the 90s to have written it honestly, I don't find it to be a good representation of the band.

I'm more interested in Peter's more depressing, more existential lyrical side - not so much his playgirl modelling (good for him though).

Dead Again has amazing lyrics and some of their fastest songs, and the songs are still pretty long while also not being redundant - Kenny also finally starts to shine through more with their later work. The same goes for Life is Killing Me. Bloody Kisses has "We Hate Everyone", but aside from that nothing's too fast on it, and I typically prefer speedy stuff, particularly with metal. World Coming Down is much better than Bloody Kisses while also being one of their slower albums - funnily enough Peter Steele apologized for the release of that album for being "too egotistic, too selfish", because he thought people wouldn't want to hear too many genuine thoughts and concerns in his lyrics instead of what was the usual stuff up until that point.

Edited by Mr. Not

Type O Negative

1. Dead Again

2. Life is Killing Me

3. October Rust

4. World Coming Down

5. Bloody Kisses (meh)

Bloody Kisses, "meh"?

Yeah, 2020

Their first two albums are too much like Carnivore, Bloody Kisses is slow and the lyrical content doesn't really impress me - Christian Woman for example is an amazing song, probably the best from Bloody Kisses but the lyrics are unsettling for me. Black No 1 is a fine song but generic enough for anyone in the 90s to have written it honestly, I don't find it to be a good representation of the band.

I'm more interested in Peter's more depressing, more existential lyrical side - not so much his playgirl modelling (good for him though).

Dead Again has amazing lyrics and some of their fastest songs, and the songs are still pretty long while also not being redundant - Kenny also finally starts to shine through more with their later work. The same goes for Life is Killing Me. Bloody Kisses has "We Hate Everyone", but aside from that nothing's too fast on it, and I typically prefer speedy stuff, particularly with metal. World Coming Down is much better than Bloody Kisses while also being one of their slower albums - funnily enough Peter Steele apologized for the release of that album for being "too egotistic, too selfish", because he thought people wouldn't want to hear too many genuine thoughts and concerns in his lyrics instead of what was the usual stuff up until that point.

I think World Coming Down has Pete's best lyrics. Which really shows you what a dark depressing bastard I can be.

• Like 1

Type O Negative

1. Dead Again

2. Life is Killing Me

3. October Rust

4. World Coming Down

5. Bloody Kisses (meh)

Bloody Kisses, "meh"?

Yeah, 2020

I think World Coming Down has Pete's best lyrics. Which really shows you what a dark depressing bastard I can be.

I agree but I'd extend it to their final three albums, I feel he was being more genuine with his lyrics towards the end.

Everything Dies is a pretty powerful song, it doesn't matter how good of a mood I'm in - that song always brings me down. Same goes for Love You To Death and Anesthesia

World Coming Down the title track is oddly motivational, and absolutely beautiful

• Like 1

I'm underwhelmed about their upcoming album based on the singles so far - they're going for "muse" effects with their guitars, so I'm anticipating it to be their worst album yet, unfortunately

Coheed and Cambria

1. Second Stage Turbine Blade

2. Good Apollo I'm a Burning Star IV

3. In Keeping Secrets of the Silent Earth: 3

4. Year of the Black Rainbow

5. The Afterman: Ascension

6. No World For Tomorrow

7. The Color Before The Sun

8. The Afterman: Descension

9. Vaxis Act I: Unheavenly Creatures

(10. Vaxis Act II: Window of the Waking Mind)

Great band, but not ageing too well.

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

I'm underwhelmed about their upcoming album based on the singles so far - they're going for "muse" effects with their guitars, so I'm anticipating it to be their worst album yet, unfortunately

Coheed and Cambria

6. No World For Tomorrow

i love this band a lot. but every album following a story does age it quickly. i can't give too shits about the story i just like the songs, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Bob Seger (just ones released as the silver Bullet Band)

1. Night Moves

2. Against the Wind

3. Stranger In Town

4. The Distance

5. Like A Rock

6. It's A Mystery

7. The Fire Inside.

I love Beautiful Loser but it wasn't Silver Bullet. I'm not really into his solo albums either before or after SBB

SBB was prime bob IMO.

Mick

• Like 2

Coheed and Cambria

6. No World For Tomorrow

i love this band a lot. but every album following a story does age it quickly. i can't give too shits about the story i just like the songs, lol

Mick

Same. I'm a big fantasy nerd but...with Coheed I'm just here for the music

• Like 3

Loving all this Type O Negative talk!

I actually love Dead Again. I think it could easily rank as my favourite but, it's a strong discography.

As for Bloody Kisses, I just can't hear it as being generic. I think it's distinctly Type O and for all the soundalikes, no one else nails this sound the way they do.

Coheed and Cambria

6. No World For Tomorrow

Mick

Same. I'm a big fantasy nerd but...with Coheed I'm just here for the music

I still have yet to meet anyone who thinks otherwise. I downloaded Claudio's comic but never really bothered to read it. Being a fan since 2005 i feel like a fraud for not knowing anything about the lore, but even during the interviews at one of the biggest shows they put on for their fans (the 4 nights of neverender) all of the the fan interviewees said they didn't really know much about the story. So we're in good company, fellas.

• Like 1

i forgot if i ranked these fellows so what da hell.

Pink Floyd

1. Final cut (mock me who cares. I will die on my hill here, lol)

2. Animals

3. Meddle

4. Wish You Were Here

5. Dark Side of the Moon

6. Division Bell

7. Atom Heart Mother

8. The Wall

9. Momentary Lapse of Reason

10. Obscured By Clouds

11. Ummagumma

12. Saucerful Of Secrets

13. More

14. Piper at the Gates of Dawn

15. Endless River

Really the last 5 are interchangeable

Mick

• Like 3

Pink Floyd

2. Animals

3. Meddle

4. Wish You Were Here

5. Dark Side of the Moon

6. Division Bell

7. Atom Heart Mother

8. The Wall

10. Obscured By Clouds

11. Ummagumma

12. Saucerful Of Secrets

13. More

15. Endless River

Mick

I’m just not enthused by The Final Cut, but I respect your love, lol.

For me, the ones I’ve heard:

1. Animals

2. DSOTM

3. The Wall

4. WYWH

5. Atom Heart

6. Meddle

7. Saucerful

8. Momentary Lapse (need more time with this)

9. Division Bell (same here)

10. Final Cut

11. Endless River (couldn’t even put me to sleep the one time I listened to it on an airplane, trying to go to sleep).

EDIT: forgot Atom, great record

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 2

Pink Floyd

2. Animals

3. Meddle

4. Wish You Were Here

5. Dark Side of the Moon

6. Division Bell

7. Atom Heart Mother

8. The Wall

10. Obscured By Clouds

11. Ummagumma

12. Saucerful Of Secrets

13. More

15. Endless River

Mick

I’m just not enthused by The Final Cut, but I respect your love, lol.

For me, the ones I’ve heard:

1. Animals

2. DSOTM

3. The Wall

4. WYWH

5. Atom Heart

6. Meddle

7. Saucerful

8. Momentary Lapse (need more time with this)

9. Division Bell (same here)

10. Final Cut

11. Endless River (couldn’t even put me to sleep the one time I listened to it on an airplane, trying to go to sleep).

EDIT: forgot Atom, great record

i once said on another forum my fav was Final Cut. this person said what are you A Waters mark?

ME: .........................YES!!!!

lol

and i will never deny it one bit.

but i get how people hate the album.

Mick

• Like 1

10cc

1. Sheet Music

2. How Dare you!

3. The Original Soundtrack

4. 10cc

5. Deceptive Bends

6. Bloody Tourists

7.Look Here

8. Windows In the Jungle

9. 10 Out Of Ten

10. Meanwhile

11. Mirror Mirror

Basically the best most interesting this band was was in the first 4 records, Quirky different fun......Then Godley and Creme Left and they became a different band. Mccartney-like and pop. Deceptive Bends and Bloody Tourists are great albums but than they kinda slowly fall apart.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

I really never listened to Pink Floyd enough to rank them, but I've been meaning to give them a more serious listen. I've heard most of their albums at least once, but I only ever listen to Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, and The Wall

resurrecting this cause i get the urge to rank shit.

Peter Gabriel (only his original studio albums....no cover albums no soundtracks)

1. Security

2. Melt

3. Us

4. Car

5. So

6.  Scratch

7. Up

I know So is low but actualy i've come to love it Way more.

and Us is an an undervalued gem. he'd had 6 years between the pop hit.  and he just lost his audience Shame because it's a fantastic record.  So was the pop hit Us is the deeper follow up.  and it's way closer in sound to The likes of Security and those  early masterpieces.   oh i just have really grown to love Us.

Mick

• Like 4

Taylor Swift:

1. Reputation

2. Folklore 

3. Red 

4. Evermore 

5. Speak Now 

6. Lover 

7. 1989 

8. Fearless 

9. Taylor Swift