Tribe

The Warning

American Solider

Queensryche (Debut with LaTorre)

Operation Mindcrime II

QR2K

Queensryche EP

Dedicated To Chaos

Their mid 80’s output simply has not aged well for me. Yes Rage For Order is a classic record.....but again sonically and even in some songwriting....just kinda not my thing with them anymore. OMC is where the band truly took off (obviously) and Empire was an incredible follow up to arguably the best hard rock/metal concept album of all time. Promised Land is always looked at as a underrated record. I like it. It has some of their darkest and most Prog rock moments. But Their new album for me leapfrogged it. Digital Noise Alliance is simply front to back a great modern day QR album that draws from all their influences throughout their history. I can’t say enough great things about it. I thought Tribe had some really great songs and was a return to form after the uneven HINTF which when it hit the right notes.....it really hit em. I am a fan of the album and it was the last one to really have Degarmo’s fingerprints all over it. Yeah he came back for some help on Tribe.....but you really don’t notice his style much compared to HITNF’s output. Condition Human and The Verdict are also simply sizzling QR albums and LaTorre for my taste has completely recharged this band. American Solider IMO is a real underrated album. It is quite dark, moody and has some great tracks and was the last real effort with Tate at the helm. OMCII was a mess.....from shoddy low quality production, to simply bad songs. Moments.....yes it had a few (Ronnie James Dio’s duet with Tate on The Chase). But not enough to even save this train wreck. QR2K....ugh. The EP other than Queen of The Reich never did it for me. And we won’t even give Dedicate To Chaos any print other than it’s dead last ranking.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

Black Sabbath:

Paranoid 

Master of Reality

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

Heaven and Hell

Black Sabbath 

Sabotage 

Vol 4 

Mob Rules 

Dehumanizer 

Iron Maiden:

Powerslave 

Somewhere in Time

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Piece of Mind

Number of the Beast

Iron Maiden 

Brave New World

Killers 

A Matter of Life and Death

• Like 2

FULL band as i Ranked Neal's era only.

Spock's beard.

1. Kindness of Strangers

2. V

3. X

4. The Light

5. Brief Nocturnes And Dreamless Sleep

6. Day For Night

7. Noise Floor

8. Spock's Beard

9. Beware of Darkness

10. The Oblivion Particle

11. Octane

12. Feel Euphoria

13. Snow.

Mick

Flower kings

1. Space Revolver

2. Paradox Hotel

3. Stardust we Are

4. Banks Of Eden

5. Adam & Eve

6. Back In The World of Adventures

7. The Sum of No Evil

8. Flower Power

9. By Royal Decree

10. Islands

11. Rainmaker

12. Unfold The Future

13. Retropolis

14. Desolation Rose

15. Waiting For Miracles

Mick

5 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

Flower kings

1. Space Revolver

2. Paradox Hotel

3. Stardust we Are

4. Banks Of Eden

5. Adam & Eve

6. Back In The World of Adventures

7. The Sum of No Evil

8. Flower Power

9. By Royal Decree

10. Islands

11. Rainmaker

12. Unfold The Future

13. Retropolis

14. Desolation Rose

15. Waiting For Miracles

Mick

Holy f**k I thought they had like 8 albums! Wow!

ok i've been promising this.......i'm only doing the Terry Kath era though. it get's confusing with the numbers but i have the Kath era drilled in to my brain, lol best to worst (or not as great rather)

II

VI

V

Chicago Transit Authority

VIII

VII

III

XI

X

i really think VIII is their most underrated.

The pop years.......they became too slick.  stripping every likable characteristic away. I don't hate it but at the same time it is a major betrayal.

Mick

• Like 3

So I had to spend all night doing lots of coursework for my job. What did I do? I binged the entire relaxing work of Machine Head to help me stay gently focused on my studies. And this is how I rank their discography:

10. Supercharger 

Often, fans of bands look at my rankings and make comments about how strange my tastes are. "You like this album?", "Oh look, another contrarian!", "You rank this classic so low but this shit album so high?". Well, not this time! I really can't imagine that their are many fans who rate Supercharger highly. Is it truly that bad? Well, no. I've genuinely heard worse metal albums, and I've heard some popular metal bands best work that I like less than this (Korn In My Shit, Again?, Five Finger Fisting Accident, Limp Dickzit), but this is Machine f***ing Head, who before this gave us two masterpieces and one weirdly likeable experimental misstep. Normally I'd talk about why I love or hate this, but I played this album just a few hours ago and erm...I remember nothing.

9. Catharsis 

I was and still am a HUGE fan of Bloodstones And Diamonds, an album that appears to have received far less critical and commercial acclaim than it deserved (although it's worth noting the album went down extremely well here in the UK). So coming off that record, which is tied for my favourite of their releases, I was so excited for Catharsis. And to make matters worse, their is a chance the title track is my favourite of all their songs, which lead me to believe we had another masterpiece on the way. So what do I think of Catharsis? Well, it's a mess. A likeable mess, a disjointed mess, an ambitious mess, a confusing mess, but still, a mess. After a streak of FOUR world beating modern classics that really took Machine Head to the highest levels of metal godliness, Catharsis arrived sounding like the band was either going through an identity crisis, or their PR advised them to knock out something rough just to make sure the general public didn't lose sight that these are human beings, not the actual God's Of Metal they are. I don't hate anything here, but the way the albums lacks a general flow, and the fact that the majority of the album is, in tone, juvenile, makes this a tough pill to swallow. Of course I enjoy some songs a lot. I'm a big fan of the title track (as I said before) and Triple Beam, Volatile is an exciting opener, and Heavy Lies The Crown is a lost classic (it's stuck towards the end of the album, which is long after most fans switched the album off and threw it in the trash). It's just a bizarre album, and one I can't and don't take seriously. It would be nice to be able to say I hate it, to justify even more the reason why it's second to last, but I don't hate it. It's like a parody of nu-metal at times, only made worse by the fact the band aren't joking. Is it better than Supercharger? No. Honestly no. It's saved from tenth place because I love that title track.

8. The Burning Red 

The Burning Red isn't atrocious, which is interesting to me because the album proudly shows off its dalliances in styles of metal I can't stand. A bit of a guilty pleasure this. This is also the end of the mediocre releases. This band either makes misfires or masterpieces, their is no middle ground. After this, it's a genuine battle for the best album Machine Head ever made, made all the more interesting because that leaves seven releases. 

7. Unto The Locust 

The follow up to The Blackening is a masterpiece. Every song is powerful, with some of the greatest moments in their discography showing off their diverse approach to songwriting (which as seen above doesn't always work out well for them). At seven songs, this album could come off a little short. However it's all killer, no filler. If I have ONE complaint, and it's really not that big of a deal, the album opens with two songs that feel like an attempt to repeat the style of The Blackening. I Am Hell (Sonata In C#) and Be Still And Know are not poor songs, but I always felt that the album truly comes into its own on the sort of title track Locust. But this is really not an issue, I had to rank one of their masterpieces last and this is the only thing holding it back. Darkness Within is the best track here. All in all a stunning album, just one that unfortunately doesn't quite match what came right before it (did anyone really expect it too?). Really painful ranking this album at number 7, it's genuinely a work of genius.

6. ...The More Things Change 

Back in the day this was my favourite Machine Head album. Have I overplayed it? Very likely. But now I am older, it does seem a little beneath the majesty of their greatest work. As a follow up to a classic debut, this album does everything right, and progresses their sound wondrously. Thunderous, powerful songwriting hints at a really great future. The fact we got The Burning Red next is just weird, but hey! That's Machine Head for you! 

5. Through The Ashes Of Empires 

When this album came out, no one had faith in them anymore. I remember Kerrang! magazine was flabbergasted by its quality, and songs like Imperium and Elegy are MAGNIFICENT. It was and still remains a truly classic comeback record. I think this album is one of the finest in metal, but the fact the album that followed it blew it out the water is really sad. I think fans forget what a masterful record this is, but I will always be here to remind people to not forget to check this one out.

4. Of Kingdom And Crown

The latest, and one of their greatest. After Catharsis, Machine Head released some really bland non-album singles, which dulled my love of the band a little. I always will regard Machine Head as one of my favourite bands, but for a couple of years, it was pure nostalgia. I thought the chances of a return to form were slim. Not wanting to say that Catharsis was so bad I lost faith in them, but Catharsis and the following singles were so bad I lost faith in them. Then Of Kingdom And Crown came out and f***ing hell, it was like the Third Coming Of Christ (the second being The Blackening (though my little heart secretly says it was Through The Ashes Of Empires). Every song is a masterwork, the album flows beautifully from start to finish, and if it could be argued that the album has a flaw (and honestly I don't think it does), it's maybe a little too obviously trying to match The Blackening, that it borders on feeling a touch formulaic. But you know what? Everything f***ing works! I can't pick a highlight because the entire album is on one level. 

3. Burn My Eyes 

I have nothing to say that is new. Blah blah blah ONE OF THE BEST DEBUT ALBUMS EVER Yadda Yadda Yadda. But yes, this album is as great as everyone thinks it is.

2. Bloodstones And Diamonds 

Oh this hurts. This is arguably my favourite Machine Head album. I think it's their most successfully experimental album, and melodically it's INSANE. Songs like Ghosts Will Haunt My Bones, Sail Into The Black, Now We Die, Game Over...these songs are just everything that is great about modern metal. Machine Head with this album made me realise how much of a metalhead I am. For a few years I was listening almost exclusively to classic rock, AOR and pop. I thought metal and me were close buddies but no longer bedmates. Let me tell you now, this album turns me into a raging metal slut. Everytime I play this album I want MORE AND MORE AND MORE and it lead me to rediscover not only Machine Head, but to get back into Testament, Lamb Of God, Trivium, Mastodon...this album resurrected my love of heavy metal and I remain enamoured with the genre to this day. It pretty much is my favourite Machine Head album. But to be truthfully honest, I think one other album is greater, and that album is:

1. The Blackening 

When this album came out, I was in my first phase of being a metal head. It was pre-Jehovah's Witness conversion and I was devouring all the popular modern styles, as well as death, black, prog, ambient, folk, and I was just living the best life with music. Not just metal, but mostly. Anyway, when this album came out, it was being touted as this generations Master Of Puppets. And honestly? I think it's greater. f**k tradition, I think Machine Head are leagues ahead of Metallica on albums like this. It followed Through The Ashes Of Empires, which I was a massive fan of. I used to tell people that album was the greatest Machine Head album yet, and people who knew the band would often scoff and refuse to listen to me (The Burning Red and Supercharger did more damage than I think we realise). The Blackening might as well have been a debut album, so many new fans of the band bought this album and it was like a rebirth, and I remember for a long time newer fans acted like this was the first time they were great. Oh well, they were wrong. But if this was your first taste of Machine Head, I can imagine everything before it being a struggle to get into. Now their are some albums of this era that I think are in this albums league. Mastodon's Blood Mountain, Trivium's Ascendancy, Nightwish's Dark Passion Play, Lamb Of God's Sacrament (honestly I love 2000s metal more than eighties, suck my ass losers), but The Blackening is just...peerless. I really do believe this to be the greatest album of the 2000s, any genre. The crazy thing is, I thought at the time this was a masterpiece but I also felt that it was being overhyped. The metal press was selling us the notion that this was THE album of the decade, that this was THE game changing moment modern metal needed, that this was THE final nail in the coffin of the nu-metal era. Sure, metal was recovering beautifully from that era, and had been for some time. And a little stubborn part of me still feels that the intensity of this albums positive reception would have been just as deserved for Through The Ashes Of Empires. But hey ho, in 2008 I just wasn't *quite* ready to accept all this yet. I thought the album was flawless and left it at that. Well, the last two years this album has only gone and blown up in my world, and whilst I thought I already loved it as much as I could ever love an album, I have only gone and loved it even more. Halo, Now I Lay There Down, Clenching The Fists Of Dissent...f***ing HELL THIS ALBUM JUST SLAYS THE SHIT OUT OF ME. I'm not saying this is my favourite album of all time. No. That would be Lacuna Coil's Karmacode. Only I am saying this is my favourite album of all time. Sorry Karmacode. I mean f***ing hell this is the gift that keeps on giving. It just grows mightier for me every time I come back to it. What sounded like a classic in 2008 only sounds greater to my ears now. Why do I keep saying 2008? Well, this album came out the year before, but I didn't get a chance to listen to it until the next year. I heard the singles, and they hyped me, so when I finally bought album, I was so excited you'd think my expectations would get in the way of truly embracing it. Maybe it did, as initially I thought it was a masterpiece but I could not quite rate it as leagues ahead of everything else. But I do now.

Listening to all of Machine Head last night was quite the experience for me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

So I had to spend all night doing lots of coursework for my job. What did I do? I binged the entire relaxing work of Machine Head to help me stay gently focused on my studies. And this is how I rank their discography:

10. Supercharger 

Often, fans of bands look at my rankings and make comments about how strange my tastes are. "You like this album?", "Oh look, another contrarian!", "You rank this classic so low but this shit album so high?". Well, not this time! I really can't imagine that their are many fans who rate Supercharger highly. Is it truly that bad? Well, no. I've genuinely heard worse metal albums, and I've heard some popular metal bands best work that I like less than this (Korn In My Shit, Again?, Five Finger Fisting Accident, Limp Dickzit), but this is Machine f***ing Head, who before this gave us two masterpieces and one weirdly likeable experimental misstep. Normally I'd talk about why I love or hate this, but I played this album just a few hours ago and erm...I remember nothing.

9. Catharsis 

I was and still am a HUGE fan of Bloodstones And Diamonds, an album that appears to have received far less critical and commercial acclaim than it deserved (although it's worth noting the album went down extremely well here in the UK). So coming off that record, which is tied for my favourite of their releases, I was so excited for Catharsis. And to make matters worse, their is a chance the title track is my favourite of all their songs, which lead me to believe we had another masterpiece on the way. So what do I think of Catharsis? Well, it's a mess. A likeable mess, a disjointed mess, an ambitious mess, a confusing mess, but still, a mess. After a streak of FOUR world beating modern classics that really took Machine Head to the highest levels of metal godliness, Catharsis arrived sounding like the band was either going through an identity crisis, or their PR advised them to knock out something rough just to make sure the general public didn't lose sight that these are human beings, not the actual God's Of Metal they are. I don't hate anything here, but the way the albums lacks a general flow, and the fact that the majority of the album is, in tone, juvenile, makes this a tough pill to swallow. Of course I enjoy some songs a lot. I'm a big fan of the title track (as I said before) and Triple Beam, Volatile is an exciting opener, and Heavy Lies The Crown is a lost classic (it's stuck towards the end of the album, which is long after most fans switched the album off and threw it in the trash). It's just a bizarre album, and one I can't and don't take seriously. It would be nice to be able to say I hate it, to justify even more the reason why it's second to last, but I don't hate it. It's like a parody of nu-metal at times, only made worse by the fact the band aren't joking. Is it better than Supercharger? No. Honestly no. It's saved from tenth place because I love that title track.

8. The Burning Red 

The Burning Red isn't atrocious, which is interesting to me because the album proudly shows off its dalliances in styles of metal I can't stand. A bit of a guilty pleasure this. This is also the end of the mediocre releases. This band either makes misfires or masterpieces, their is no middle ground. After this, it's a genuine battle for the best album Machine Head ever made, made all the more interesting because that leaves seven releases. 

7. Unto The Locust 

The follow up to The Blackening is a masterpiece. Every song is powerful, with some of the greatest moments in their discography showing off their diverse approach to songwriting (which as seen above doesn't always work out well for them). At seven songs, this album could come off a little short. However it's all killer, no filler. If I have ONE complaint, and it's really not that big of a deal, the album opens with two songs that feel like an attempt to repeat the style of The Blackening. I Am Hell (Sonata In C#) and Be Still And Know are not poor songs, but I always felt that the album truly comes into its own on the sort of title track Locust. But this is really not an issue, I had to rank one of their masterpieces last and this is the only thing holding it back. Darkness Within is the best track here. All in all a stunning album, just one that unfortunately doesn't quite match what came right before it (did anyone really expect it too?). Really painful ranking this album at number 7, it's genuinely a work of genius.

6. ...The More Things Change 

Back in the day this was my favourite Machine Head album. Have I overplayed it? Very likely. But now I am older, it does seem a little beneath the majesty of their greatest work. As a follow up to a classic debut, this album does everything right, and progresses their sound wondrously. Thunderous, powerful songwriting hints at a really great future. The fact we got The Burning Red next is just weird, but hey! That's Machine Head for you! 

5. Through The Ashes Of Empires 

When this album came out, no one had faith in them anymore. I remember Kerrang! magazine was flabbergasted by its quality, and songs like Imperium and Elegy are MAGNIFICENT. It was and still remains a truly classic comeback record. I think this album is one of the finest in metal, but the fact the album that followed it blew it out the water is really sad. I think fans forget what a masterful record this is, but I will always be here to remind people to not forget to check this one out.

4. Of Kingdom And Crown

The latest, and one of their greatest. After Catharsis, Machine Head released some really bland non-album singles, which dulled my love of the band a little. I always will regard Machine Head as one of my favourite bands, but for a couple of years, it was pure nostalgia. I thought the chances of a return to form were slim. Not wanting to say that Catharsis was so bad I lost faith in them, but Catharsis and the following singles were so bad I lost faith in them. Then Of Kingdom And Crown came out and f***ing hell, it was like the Third Coming Of Christ (the second being The Blackening (though my little heart secretly says it was Through The Ashes Of Empires). Every song is a masterwork, the album flows beautifully from start to finish, and if it could be argued that the album has a flaw (and honestly I don't think it does), it's maybe a little too obviously trying to match The Blackening, that it borders on feeling a touch formulaic. But you know what? Everything f***ing works! I can't pick a highlight because the entire album is on one level. 

3. Burn My Eyes 

I have nothing to say that is new. Blah blah blah ONE OF THE BEST DEBUT ALBUMS EVER Yadda Yadda Yadda. But yes, this album is as great as everyone thinks it is.

2. Bloodstones And Diamonds 

Oh this hurts. This is arguably my favourite Machine Head album. I think it's their most successfully experimental album, and melodically it's INSANE. Songs like Ghosts Will Haunt My Bones, Sail Into The Black, Now We Die, Game Over...these songs are just everything that is great about modern metal. Machine Head with this album made me realise how much of a metalhead I am. For a few years I was listening almost exclusively to classic rock, AOR and pop. I thought metal and me were close buddies but no longer bedmates. Let me tell you now, this album turns me into a raging metal slut. Everytime I play this album I want MORE AND MORE AND MORE and it lead me to rediscover not only Machine Head, but to get back into Testament, Lamb Of God, Trivium, Mastodon...this album resurrected my love of heavy metal and I remain enamoured with the genre to this day. It pretty much is my favourite Machine Head album. But to be truthfully honest, I think one other album is greater, and that album is:

1. The Blackening 

When this album came out, I was in my first phase of being a metal head. It was pre-Jehovah's Witness conversion and I was devouring all the popular modern styles, as well as death, black, prog, ambient, folk, and I was just living the best life with music. Not just metal, but mostly. Anyway, when this album came out, it was being touted as this generations Master Of Puppets. And honestly? I think it's greater. f**k tradition, I think Machine Head are leagues ahead of Metallica on albums like this. It followed Through The Ashes Of Empires, which I was a massive fan of. I used to tell people that album was the greatest Machine Head album yet, and people who knew the band would often scoff and refuse to listen to me (The Burning Red and Supercharger did more damage than I think we realise). The Blackening might as well have been a debut album, so many new fans of the band bought this album and it was like a rebirth, and I remember for a long time newer fans acted like this was the first time they were great. Oh well, they were wrong. But if this was your first taste of Machine Head, I can imagine everything before it being a struggle to get into. Now their are some albums of this era that I think are in this albums league. Mastodon's Blood Mountain, Trivium's Ascendancy, Nightwish's Dark Passion Play, Lamb Of God's Sacrament (honestly I love 2000s metal more than eighties, suck my ass losers), but The Blackening is just...peerless. I really do believe this to be the greatest album of the 2000s, any genre. The crazy thing is, I thought at the time this was a masterpiece but I also felt that it was being overhyped. The metal press was selling us the notion that this was THE album of the decade, that this was THE game changing moment modern metal needed, that this was THE final nail in the coffin of the nu-metal era. Sure, metal was recovering beautifully from that era, and had been for some time. And a little stubborn part of me still feels that the intensity of this albums positive reception would have been just as deserved for Through The Ashes Of Empires. But hey ho, in 2008 I just wasn't *quite* ready to accept all this yet. I thought the album was flawless and left it at that. Well, the last two years this album has only gone and blown up in my world, and whilst I thought I already loved it as much as I could ever love an album, I have only gone and loved it even more. Halo, Now I Lay There Down, Clenching The Fists Of Dissent...f***ing HELL THIS ALBUM JUST SLAYS THE SHIT OUT OF ME. I'm not saying this is my favourite album of all time. No. That would be Lacuna Coil's Karmacode. Only I am saying this is my favourite album of all time. Sorry Karmacode. I mean f***ing hell this is the gift that keeps on giving. It just grows mightier for me every time I come back to it. What sounded like a classic in 2008 only sounds greater to my ears now. Why do I keep saying 2008? Well, this album came out the year before, but I didn't get a chance to listen to it until the next year. I heard the singles, and they hyped me, so when I finally bought album, I was so excited you'd think my expectations would get in the way of truly embracing it. Maybe it did, as initially I thought it was a masterpiece but I could not quite rate it as leagues ahead of everything else. But I do now.

Listening to all of Machine Head last night was quite the experience for me. 

A lot of people didn't hear The Blackening until 2008. I always got the impression that it took a little bit for the album to start gaining momentum. They toured a ton for it in 2007 which helped them gain a much bigger following and all that touring carried over into the next year and that's when metal fans fully got on bored with them. I know by the time I saw them headline the second stage at the 2008 Mayhem festival the fans were absolutely at a boiling point for them by then. It was a slow upward trajectory from when it was released to when I saw them about a year and a half later. I never thought fans forgot what a great album Through The Ashes Of Empires is. It always seems to be spoken of as one of their best.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

A lot of people didn't hear The Blackening until 2008. I always got the impression that it took a little bit for the album to start gaining momentum. They toured a ton for it in 2007 which helped them gain a much bigger following and all that touring carried over into the next year and that's when metal fans fully got on bored with them. I know by the time I saw them headline the second stage at the 2008 Mayhem festival the fans were absolutely at a boiling point for them by then. It was a slow upward trajectory from when it was released to when I saw them about a year and a half later. I never thought fans forgot what a great album Through The Ashes Of Empires is. It always seems to be spoken of as one of their best.

See in the UK the metal magazines (which still sold massively and had a lot of influence) hyped the album immediately. And as for Ashes reputation, I can only speak for my generation. I was 13 when it came out, and I often say I got into metal a year later but I was well versed in Machine Head due to a close friend, as well as confused by the love for Korn etc)

21 hours ago, bluefox4000 said:

ok i've been promising this.......i'm only doing the Terry Kath era though. it get's confusing with the numbers but i have the Kath era drilled in to my brain, lol best to worst (or not as great rather)

II

VI

V

Chicago Transit Authority

VIII

VII

III

XI

X

i really think VIII is their most underrated.

The pop years.......they became too slick.  stripping every likable characteristic away. I don't hate it but at the same time it is a major betrayal.

Mick

I saw on Spotify they have a lot of albums. I might use this as a guide 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I saw on Spotify they have a lot of albums. I might use this as a guide 

the first era studio albums  (that's Transit Authority to XI) are the ones to play.  one of the only times you'll hear me say avoid the pop era, lol

it's just.......not worth it. or exciting.

but anything with Terry Kath (their Original Guitarist) is well worth a listen.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 3

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

the first 11 studio albums  (that's Transit Authority to XI) are the ones to play.  one of the only times you'll hear me say avoid the pop era, lol

it's just.......not worth it. or exciting.

but anything with Terry Kath (their Original Guitarist) is well worth a listen.

Mick

Okay! I have to say, playing the debut and X last night made me really aware that something had ... Softened in between.

X was grand but I definitely loved the debut more

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

Okay! I have to say, playing the debut and X last night made me really aware that something had ... Softened in between.

X was grand but I definitely loved the debut more

CTA, II, V, and VI are ideal places to start, or the greatest hits known as IX.

• Like 1

King Crimson

1. Larks' Tongues In Aspic [Larks' Tongues In Aspic II]
2. Discipline [Elephant Talk]
3. In The Court Of The Crimson King [21st Century Schizoid Man]
4. Red [Starless]
5. Starless And Bible Black [Fracture]
6. THRAK [People]
7. The Power To Believe [Level Five]
8. The Construkction of Light [FraKctured]
9. Three Of A Perfect Pair [Larks' Tongues In Aspic III]
10. Beat [Heartbeat] 
11. Islands [Islands]
12. In The Wake Of Poseidon [In The Wake Of Poseidon]
13. Lizard [Lizard]

Kinda-sorta-rough draft. We'll see how this changes in the near future

• Like 2

On 12/12/2022 at 7:59 PM, ST3V said:

King Crimson

1. Larks' Tongues In Aspic [Larks' Tongues In Aspic II]
2. Discipline [Elephant Talk]
3. In The Court Of The Crimson King [21st Century Schizoid Man]
4. Red [Starless]
5. Starless And Bible Black [Fracture]
6. THRAK [People]
7. The Power To Believe [Level Five]
8. The Construkction of Light [FraKctured]
9. Three Of A Perfect Pair [Larks' Tongues In Aspic III]
10. Beat [Heartbeat] 
11. Islands [Islands]
12. In The Wake Of Poseidon [In The Wake Of Poseidon]
13. Lizard [Lizard]

Kinda-sorta-rough draft. We'll see how this changes in the near future

Here's how I rank the ones I've heard:

1. Red (Starless)

2. Islands (Island)

3. Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Easy Money)

4. In The Court Of The Crimson King (I Talk To The Wind)

5. Discipline (Matte Kudasai)

6. Lizard (Lizard)

7. Starless & Bible Black (The Night Watch)

8. Beat (Neal And Jack And Me?)

9. In The Wake Of Poseidon (Pictures Of A City)

I think that's about right. There's a hard line between Lizard and S&BB for me, probably where A- would shift to B+.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Entre_Perpetuo said:

Here's how I rank the ones I've heard:

1. Red (Starless)

2. Islands (Island)

3. Larks' Tongues In Aspic (Easy Money)

4. In The Court Of The Crimson King (I Talk To The Wind)

5. Discipline (Matte Kudasai)

6. Lizard (Lizard)

7. Starless & Bible Black (The Night Watch)

8. Beat (Neal And Jack And Me?)

9. In The Wake Of Poseidon (Pictures Of A City)

I think that's about right. There's a hard line between Lizard and S&BB for me, probably where A- would shift to B+.

honestly havent heard Poseidon Lizard or Islands since first listen, but honestly not expecting them to move much if at all. also judging by the favorite tracks its clear we prefer different things when it comes to KC

• Like 1

SOOOOOOOOOOO.

i want to do this now.  because Muse in general has grown on me exponetially in the last month

1. Black Holes And Revelations

2. Origin Of Summetry

3. Absolution

4. Drones

5. The Resistance

6. The Showbiz

7.  The 2nd Law

8. Simulation Theory

9.  Will of the People

I obviously like Early Muse best and things get so patchy after the Resistance.

i go thourgh such highs and lows from 2nd law on.

"this is awesome......this is ok..WHAT ARE THEY THINKING THIS IS BALLS!!!!"

lol.

Muse is.........a beautiful cluster f**k, lol'

Mick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bluefox4000 said:

SOOOOOOOOOOO.

i want to do this now.  because Muse in general has grown on me exponetially in the last month

1. Black Holes And Revelations

2. Origin Of Summetry

3. Absolution

4. Drones

5. The Resistance

6. The Showbiz

7.  The 2nd Law

8. Simulation Theory

9.  Will of the People

I obviously like Early Muse best and things get so patchy after the Resistance.

i go thourgh such highs and lows from 2nd law on.

"this is awesome......this is ok..WHAT ARE THEY THINKING THIS IS BALLS!!!!"

lol.

Muse is.........a beautiful cluster f**k, lol'

Mick

Yay!!! Here’s my stab at ranking them:

Pretty much perfection:

1. The Resistance (United States Of Eurasia / Collateral Damage)

2. Origin Of Symmetry (New Born)

Bliss:

3. Drones (Reapers)

4/5. Absolution (Time Is Running Out)

5/4. Black Holes & Revelations (Map Of The Problematique)

Love:

6. Showbiz (Muscle Museum)

7. Will Of The People (Kill Or Be Killed) (this one is still a wild card for me, I have no doubt my opinion of it will probably skyrocket after I see them live next month)

Great:

8. The 2nd Law (Madness)

9. Simulation Theory (Break It To Me) (and just to accent my adulation if this band, it’s really just two or three tracks in the back half that weigh this one down for me, TC, DD, and on a bad day GUAF)

• Like 1

Modest Mouse

1. We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank [Fly Trapped In A Jar]
2. The Moon & Antarctica [3rd Planet]
3. This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing To Think About [Lounge]
4. Good News For People Who Love Bad News [Ocean Breathes Salty]
5. Strangers To Ourselves [Strangers To Ourselves]
6. The Golden Casket [Wooden Soldiers]
7. The Lonesome Crowded West [Trailer Trash]

• Like 1

I'm on a bit of a Journey kick so here we go.  Not including the first 3 as that's not my style  just perry and beyond

1. Evolution

2. Infinity

3.  Raised on Radio

4. Departure

5. Escape

6. Trial by Fire

7. Frontiers

8. Arrival

9 . Revelation

10. Generations

11.  Eclipse

12. Freedom

I have to say i've heard a lot of folks say how much they like/love Freedom.  that's great but i don't like it at all.  not one bit  i just find it so hollow and soul dead. And if you know the inner workings of this shit show.  i don't think that's a false statement to make, lol 

Mick

• Like 3

Oh also

Dio.

1. Holy Diver

2. Dream Evil

3. The Last In Line

4. Sacred Heart

5. Lock up the Wolves

6. Killing The Dragon

7. Master of the Moon

8. Magica

9 . Strange Highways'

10. Angry Machines

I think the best Dio is the first 5 hands down.  In the 90's he went for a more angry shouty metal style sound they just didn't fit him IMO.  His last two albums kinda got back to old dio though. Also Magica is at 8 but i don't really like it, lol

I like my Dio Melodic ad for him to actuaally uh......sing, lol.

Mick

• Like 2