Favorite Albums of the Decade?

Bigbobby10

Slash - Apocalyptic Love

Soundgarden - King Animal

Myles Kennedy - Year of the Tiger

Paul McCartney - Kisses on the Bottom

Wolfmother - Victorious

I've answered to another one of your posts. You were the one, who said that Van Halen's first six c.ds, and albums are, and have been ninety-five percent the best, and better, than most, and all of the music out there. Has your opinion, and thought process changed? You don't say sorry to me, but say it to the administrator. You had the gull to say that you were going around causing troubles, problems, and issues for people, and tried to make it look like I was. Talking about making the wrong assumption, and judging me. I try to help by saying not to worry about what people have said, and to spend, and concentrate more time, with your son, then you wanted to try jumping on my back, and case for it. In, and on another post, you were the one, who said about having a son. This is for you, and Lorraine. For fully reading what other people say, I was, and have been doing it, but Lorraine, even said by admitting, with mine, that she wasn't doing it. For the both of you, people expect to do it, then for them, do it, too, and treat them the same way back. In person, try coming onto my property, and talk to me like the way you did behind your computer's monitor, and other electronic devices. Now, you've been able to read my English, and what I said without any problems, and issues. About having no idea what a person, and individual says, and you don't believe a person, and individual does either. With that, you've said something similar to, and about it. From another part of your body other, than your mouth, I think you do like to talk a lot of it. For the good, having kids, and children may not've changed you. You haven't known me, and in person, know what I would, and wouldn't do, so about that, it's another thing you are wrong. For one thing, I'll phone the police, so fast, it'll make your head spin. Just try me, and tempt me, and let's see how much further you can get. Unless, you have the guts, and whatever, and anything else to do it. Segue, he's liked to try looking, and sounding like he's such a tough guy, and man not in person, and hasn't seemed to be a people person, too. I like cupcakes, and I do eat them, but as I said, I'm not, and haven't been a dessert eater.

Edited by Derek19

Slash - Apocalyptic Love

Wolfmother - Victorious

I've answered to another one of your posts. You were the one, who said that Van Halen's first six c.ds, and albums are, and have been ninety-five percent the best, and better, than most, and all of the music out there. Has your opinion, and thought process changed? You don't say sorry to me, but say it to the administrator. You had the gull to say that you were going around causing troubles, problems, and issues for people, and tried to make it look like I was. Talking about making the wrong assumption, and judging me. I try to help by saying not to worry about what people have said, and to spend more time, with your son, then you wanted to try jumping on my back, and case for it. In, and on another post, you were the one, who said about having a son. This is for you, and Lorraine. For fully reading what other people say, I was, and have been doing it, but Lorraine, even said by admitting, with mine, that she wasn't doing it. For the both of you, people expect to do it, then for them, do it, too, and treat them the same way back. In person, try coming onto my property, and talk to me like the way you did behind your computer's monitor, and other electronic devices.

I have no idea what you're talking about and I don't believe you do either. But I will say I'd talk to you in person the way I've talked to you on this board. I doubt you'd have the courage to do the same.

• Like 1

Slash - Apocalyptic Love

Wolfmother - Victorious

I've answered to another one of your posts. You were the one, who said that Van Halen's first six c.ds, and albums are, and have been ninety-five percent the best, and better, than most, and all of the music out there. Has your opinion, and thought process changed? You don't say sorry to me, but say it to the administrator. You had the gull to say that you were going around causing troubles, problems, and issues for people, and tried to make it look like I was. Talking about making the wrong assumption, and judging me. I try to help by saying not to worry about what people have said, and to spend, and concentrate more time, with your son, then you wanted to try jumping on my back, and case for it. In, and on another post, you were the one, who said about having a son. This is for you, and Lorraine. For fully reading what other people say, I was, and have been doing it, but Lorraine, even said by admitting, with mine, that she wasn't doing it. For the both of you, people expect to do it, then for them, do it, too, and treat them the same way back. In person, try coming onto my property, and talk to me like the way you did behind your computer's monitor, and other electronic devices. Now, you've been able to read my English, and what I said without any problems, and issues. About having no idea what a person, and individual says, and you don't believe a person, and individual does either. With that, you've said something similar to, and about it. From another part of your body other, than your mouth, I think you do like to talk a lot of it. For the good, having kids, and children may not've changed you. You haven't known me, and in person, know what I would, and wouldn't do, so about that, it's another thing you are wrong. For one thing, I'll phone the police, so fast, it'll make your head spin. Just try me, and tempt me, and let's see how much further you can get. Unless, you have the guts, and whatever, and anything else to do it. Segue, he's liked to try looking, and sounding like he's such a tough guy, and man not in person, and hasn't seemed to be a people person, too. I like cupcakes, and I do eat them, but as I said, I'm not, and haven't been a dessert eater.

"Now, you've been able to read my English, and what I said without any problems, and issues."

Um, no. Bullshit. Your posts are extremely hard to read, and it takes a few readthroughs to get what you're trying to say. It's like you don't speak English, and the posts we're seeing are the product of Google Translate. I'm serious.

• Like 2

Hand Cannot Erase - Steven Wilson

The Raven Refused To Sing - Steven Wilson

Blackstar - David Bowie

Fractured - Lunatic Soul

Push The Sky Away - Nick Cave

Let England Shake - P J Harvey

Anathema - The Optimist

Clockwork Angels - Rush

Brothers - The Black Keys

Earth Rocker - Clutch ( to be fair I only heard this about 6 months ago )

Hand Cannot Erase - Steven Wilson (by a wide margin)

This Land - Gary Clark jr

The Raven That Refused To Sing - Steven Wilson

Meliora - Ghost

Inception Soundtrack - Hans Zimmer

The Race For Space - Public Service Broadcasting

To The Bone - Steven Wilson.

Clockwork Angels - Rush

Not a lot of diversity. Obviously lots of my favourite bands have released albums but for me “favourite” means played many, many times over a long period of time.

• Like 2

Hand Cannot Erase - Steven Wilson (by a wide margin)

This Land - Gary Clark jr

The Raven That Refused To Sing - Steven Wilson

Meliora - Ghost

Inception Soundtrack - Hans Zimmer

The Race For Space - Public Service Broadcasting

To The Bone - Steven Wilson.

Clockwork Angels - Rush

Not a lot of diversity. Obviously lots of my favourite bands have released albums but for me “favourite” means played many, many times over a long period of time.

My top ten was based solely on number of plays as well. Overall, my decade has belonged to the past: discovering Rush, Kansas, Yes, many classic rock and metal bands. My top ten releases of the decade pales to the joy of much older music I've found.

• Like 3

By far the highlight for me came in at the end of the decade, which was Fear Inoculum.

Honorable mentions:

Other records featuring Maynard.

Steven Wilson was prolific as usual and released a ton of incredible music, but no albums on the level of the succession he released from 99-02 with PT.

With 2020 over this is a worth a visit.

No particular order:

Rush - Clockwork Angels (2012)

I can't ask for a better end to their career, this album is still phenomenal and is top 5 Rush for me.

Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize (2010)

Career-defining live album alongside 2006's Arriving Somewhere. Starts off with the entire Fear Of A Blank Planet album and gives a good amount of In Absentia, Nil Recurring, and Signify. I wish more of the catalog was covered but that's what Arriving Somewhere is for.

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light (2011)

Their best album. The old-schoolers will prefer Colour and Shape or the debut but this is Foos at their best for me.

Foo Fighters - Concrete and Gold (2017)

Another one of my favorites of theirs. Lots of different stuff in here.

Haken - Affinity (2016)

Probably my favorite artist to break out in the 2010s. This album, Visions, and Virus, are amazing.

Joe Bonamassa - Different Shades of Blue (2014)

Might be his best album for me.

Steven Wilson - Hand. Cannot. Erase. (2015)

The only solo project he's done that comes close to the metal era of Porcupine Tree in terms of greatness.

Devin Townsend Project - Transcendence (2016)

He's a mixed bag for me but this album, along with Ocean Machine, is really good.

Lindsey Stirling - self-titled (2012)

There's absolutely nothing like this and it's wonderful.

Dream Theater - Distance Over Time (2019)

DT's best with Mangini, and it's better than many of the ones with Portnoy. They found a good formula with this one.

Iron Maiden - Book of Souls (2015)

Maiden had no business putting out something this good, especially after the sameness and uninspired-feeling that Final Frontier was plagued with.

• Like 1

Arcade Fire - Suburbs

Black Keys - Brothers

QOTSA - Like Clockwork

Weezer - EWBAITE

Florence Welch - Ceremonials

Foo Fighters - Wasting Light

Deftones - Diamond Eyes

Springsteen - Wrecking Ball

Tame Impala - Currents

Gaslight Anthem - American Slang

Jack White - Blunderbuss