Limelight Breakdown Video

winter17

I thought this guy does a really good job of breaking down everything that goes into the song, and just how complex the music that Rush made was.

Also I never noticed the harmony part in the second verse, that part really blew my mind.

• Like 5

Now I know what it is that I always liked in the intro - that picking guitar.

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea what he's talking about but I enjoy videos like this so very much.

Limelight has always been one of my favorite Rush songs.

:cheers:

• Like 4

Thanks for posting. He does such a great job breaking down songs, and Limelight is a perfect choice. I agree that hearing the Terry Brown vocal harmony was a real treat!
  • Like 2

As usual, the synths are completely ignored ;) Neat video though, I love nerding out on stuff like this.

Is that harmony part actually in the final mix? I have listened to it several times and the vocals are easy to hear, but I only hear the one lead part. Wonder where he got that track from (sounds like Ozzy)

I just recently discovered Beato's channel. I'm hooked! The Rush and Zeppelin breakdowns are amazing (esp. love the one that debunks the frequently-repeated myths around the drums in When the Levee Breaks).