THE ONLY SPAM THREAD v.24

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

Now that I’ve sort of established that I have made a presence here for the first time in over a year, almost 2 years, I guess I should explain to the TOSTers/TRFers that vaguely remember who I was my absence...or rather the reason I forced myself to leave this place.

There’s too many factors, but it all boils down to 4 things (5 if we add personal struggles I battled with for most of 2018 that reached a critical mass).

1) At the very end of 2017, I landed an internship of sorts at an underground venue (loosely speaking) out in Brooklyn and did that for the first 8 months of 2018 after which they asked me “Do you wanna work here?” to which “Yes.” was the only answer I’d settle for. Been there ever since, and it’s pretty cool and a job that’s “totally me”. And I have no intention to leave unless they ask me to (i.e. fire me).

2) It didn’t seem right for me to stay here when Rush is no longer a focal point for me. If I’m completely honest, they haven’t since 2015.

3) Tying in w/the above, as a result common ground (at least how I saw it) got narrower and narrower to point it became routine to even be here. Sad cause given the benefit of time away, and from what I remembered before I left, the one thing I did like and missed about TRF was I genuinely liked the few people I did talk to and sort of became part a sub-community of...basically TOST.

4) Simply put, I felt I was at a state of stagnation and needed a major shift in my life. That job was one push, but also I needed a major shift in music tastes (ask me what I listen to, I’m almost not the same person anymore give or take 3-4 bands pre-2015 I was heavily into), groups I associate myself with, etc. It’s paid off, I think. I’ve carved a path I’ve created myself and on my own terms. I don’t think most can say they’ve became friends with people who’ve created art that they admire and/or means something to them.

Now that I’ve sort of established that I have made a presence here for the first time in over a year, almost 2 years, I guess I should explain to the TOSTers/TRFers that vaguely remember who I was my absence...or rather the reason I forced myself to leave this place.

There’s too many factors, but it all boils down to 4 things (5 if we add personal struggles I battled with for most of 2018 that reached a critical mass).

1) At the very end of 2017, I landed an internship of sorts at an underground venue (loosely speaking) out in Brooklyn and did that for the first 8 months of 2018 after which they asked me “Do you wanna work here?” to which “Yes.” was the only answer I’d settle for. Been there ever since, and it’s pretty cool and a job that’s “totally me”. And I have no intention to leave unless they ask me to (i.e. fire me).

2) It didn’t seem right for me to stay here when Rush is no longer a focal point for me. If I’m completely honest, they haven’t since 2015.

3) Tying in w/the above, as a result common ground (at least how I saw it) got narrower and narrower to point it became routine to even be here. Sad cause given the benefit of time away, and from what I remembered before I left, the one thing I did like and missed about TRF was I genuinely liked the few people I did talk to and sort of became part a sub-community of...basically TOST.

4) Simply put, I felt I was at a state of stagnation and needed a major shift in my life. That job was one push, but also I needed a major shift in music tastes (ask me what I listen to, I’m almost not the same person anymore give or take 3-4 bands pre-2015 I was heavily into), groups I associate myself with, etc. It’s paid off, I think. I’ve carved a path I’ve created myself and on my own terms. I don’t think most can say they’ve became friends with people who’ve created art that they admire and/or means something to them.

So why did I return after being away for so long? Honestly, curiosity to see if TRF changed in dynamics and personalities while I was gone and also because 2020 would mark the 10th anniversary I joined TRF and I wanted to be there for that.

IDK if this “return” will be short term, long term, somewhere in between, but I made a promise that I will never go back to how I was before I initially left TRF that’s for sure. I rather just spend most of my time doing anything outside of sitting in a laptop and mingling on a forum, you know?

Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1

^ that’s where we’re all at right now i think, growing out of the forum/web presence while it used to be such a big part of our lives.

i miss ghostworks

I'm still bi.

^ that’s where we’re all at right now i think, growing out of the forum/web presence while it used to be such a big part of our lives.

i miss ghostworks

I'm still bi.

Bi does not exist.

asexuality does tho

i'm not asexual, i'm just pretending because i'm lonely and i've built barriers around myself

edit: WAIT reverse that

i'm asexual, not lonely

Edited by Mr. Not

i miss ghostworks

I'm still bi.

Bi does not exist.

asexuality does tho

i'm not asexual, i'm just pretending because i'm lonely and i've built barriers around myself

edit: WAIT reverse that

i'm asexual, not lonely

Oh, I was just poking fun of a gay I knew in art school.

• Like 1

i miss ghostworks

I'm still bi.

Bi...ing a new purple Challenger Scat Pack?

• Like 1