Worst band names ever!

Entre_Perpetuo

Foo Fighters

Named after a warplane...worse ideas...but it does sound weird

The Butthole Surfers

But it suits their humour perfectly.

I've always thought The Butthole Surfers one of the best names ever. It's hilarious, especially the story of how they got it.

• Like 1

Foo Fighters

Named after a warplane...worse ideas...but it does sound weird

A "Foo Fighter" was what WWII allied pilots called a UFO. I've always thought the name kind of inspired, in part, because aurally, it does fit their particular brand of vanilla alt rock (not a criticism, they're really good at it), and the meaning is cool, historically.

• Like 2

The Butthole Surfers

I've always thought The Butthole Surfers one of the best names ever. It's hilarious, especially the story of how they got it.

Oh it's brilliant, love it! But some of the others here are awesome as well; DKs obviously suits their political edge, Five Finger Death Punch and You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead get my votes as well.

• Like 1

Saliva

Yeah, always been turned off by that name. Heard worse music though.

• Like 1

The Butthole Surfers

Oh it's brilliant, love it! But some of the others here are awesome as well; DKs obviously suits their political edge, Five Finger Death Punch and You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead get my votes as well.

One current name I like is Eagles of Death Metal. I've read forum comments like "But they don't sound anything like Death Metal!" Trolling very dense, literal types is always fun. Fat White Family is also good. I love the name of their most recent album, Serfs Up!, with a bucolic Bavarian backdrop for a cover. There seemed to be more humor, dark or otherwise, in the wake of punk back in the early '80s than today, but maybe I'm just not that clued in (well, I'm sure I'm not, actually).

Edited by Rutlefan
  • Like 1

The Butthole Surfers

One current name I like is Eagles of Death Metal. I've read forum comments like "But they don't sound anything like Death Metal!" Trolling very dense, literal types is always fun. Fat White Family is also good. I love the name of their most recent album, Serfs Up!, with a bucolic Bavarian backdrop for a cover. There seemed to be more humor, dark or otherwise, in the wake of punk back in the early '80s than today, but maybe I'm just not that clued in (well, I'm sure I'm not, actually).

Total agreement, was actually gonna mention them as well. Yes a lot of fun, lol.

• Like 1

The New Originals

Bad :LOL:

https://kisw.radio.com/tag/new-originals

KISW, Seattle

tno.jpg

Last night we got the band back together! That’s right…the “World’s Worst Cover Band”, The New Originals are back performing (poorly) your favorite songs…and you can catch us on Saturday, March 4th at Studio 7. Get tix and info HERE.

It’s been a while since we have played…and for those that don’t know who The New Originals are…the band features Ryan Castle and myself on drums…Thrill on bass…Thee Ted Smith on vocals for some of the songs…in addition to some of the most talented local musicians playing in the Seattle music scene (Glenn from Windowpane, Kyyle from Superfekta, Doc from Dead Vampires, and a couple awesome singers Joie & Jenn).