Some very creepy/scary/disturbing rock songs?

Texas King

What would be your examples for this thread?

I'm going with this tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhtoRlVUPo0

That song was big back in the day. I think they were a group from Texas. I had a friend that moved there and she couldn't quit talking about them. :codger:

Funny, I think I've made mention of this song a few times here in the past... nice to see an acknowledgement finally. Yes they are a Texas group from the '70's. They were managed by Terry Knight, the same guy who managed Grand Funk Railroad. Their first 3 or 4 albums were pretty good until a format change where they became much softer.

I remember I liked their sound! The only songs I remember now are DOA and Sable and Pearls but I remember wondering why they weren't more popular in Pittsburgh.

I didn't hear about them until I found a vinyl record about songs about death and destruction in the late '80s even though I remembered the cover of their Bloodrock USA album.

c4sSIv6.jpgPretty memorable cover, eh? lol I used 'Sable and Pearls' on my latest 'Cruisin' Mix' CD, Blueschica!

JiLPPdH.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

What would be your examples for this thread?

I'm going with this tune:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhtoRlVUPo0

That song was big back in the day. I think they were a group from Texas. I had a friend that moved there and she couldn't quit talking about them. :codger:

Funny, I think I've made mention of this song a few times here in the past... nice to see an acknowledgement finally. Yes they are a Texas group from the '70's. They were managed by Terry Knight, the same guy who managed Grand Funk Railroad. Their first 3 or 4 albums were pretty good until a format change where they became much softer.

I remember I liked their sound! The only songs I remember now are DOA and Sable and Pearls but I remember wondering why they weren't more popular in Pittsburgh.

I didn't hear about them until I found a vinyl record about songs about death and destruction in the late '80s even though I remembered the cover of their Bloodrock USA album.

c4sSIv6.jpgPretty memorable cover, eh? lol I used 'Sable and Pearls' on my latest 'Cruisin' Mix' CD, Blueschica!

JiLPPdH.jpg

That's awesome, Orfie! I knew you had gotten a lot of new music but I didn't know you were making mixes. What else is on it?

And Merry Christmas! ������������������

'The Garden'-RUSH, 'Going Home' Randall Kent [song that I got from NCIS episode], 'Rock The Casbah'- The Clash, 'I Don't Wanna Grow Up'- The Ramones, 'The Wizard'- Black Sabbath, 'Moonshine Sonata'- Black Oak Arkasas, 'Anything'- Black Lab, 'Sable And Pearl'- Bloodrock [2nd album], 'My Girl'- The Temptations, 'Don't De-Rock Me'-Tesla, So far anyway...Waiting for blank CDs to actually burn the last few 'Cruisin' Mixes', 651,652 and this one, 653, when it's done...ooo! 'Double Trouble' by The Cars! That's the name of the episode now on NCIS! And one of my fave Cars tunes off their last album with Ben Orr...

• Like 1

For me, Marilyn Manson's The Beautiful people video creeped the f**k out out of me when I first saw it.
  • Like 1