Husband Had Major Stroke

Lorraine

My husband had a major stroke this afternoon while driving. They're not sure how bad. He couldn't talk or walk when he got to the hospital, but they think they got the clot in time.

I have no one and I am all alone. I'm sorry to come here again and burden you.

Please. Whatever it is you do- prayer, good thoughts - send them my way fast.

I can't go through this again. I never recovered from the last time.

His truck has to be towed home, but I don't have the keys and the tow company doesn't know if they can do it or not.

God help me please.

I honestly don't think I can do this again.

Edited by Lorraine

Guess this answers all of my questions, Lorraine. Sorry to hear this. All the good wishes, positive thoughts, and such are there for you when you need them. PLEASE download Skype to your computer. It's FREE and then you can talk to ME whenever you need to for FREE. Or anyone else who has Skype! Please! I want to help SOOOOOOO much!

5s8pnCV.jpg

• Like 1

Guess this answers all of my questions, Lorraine. Sorry to hear this. All the good wishes, positive thoughts, and such are there for you when you need them. PLEASE download Skype to your computer. It's FREE and then you can talk to ME whenever you need to for FREE. Or anyone else who has Skype! Please! I want to help SOOOOOOO much!

5s8pnCV.jpg

When my husband stabilizes, I will do it, but I can't do it now. I can't even think straight.

Thank you, ORFie. I know you want to help. :hug2: I will look into Skype in the next few days.

• Like 2

Praying hard for you and your husband! :hug2: I'm so sorry you and he are facing this again, Lorraine. Let me know if there's anything I can do. :hug2:

The first time was a nightmare from which I never emotionally recovered. He was in the hospital for two months and then three at home. The three at home were the worst. It was awful.

I can't go through it again. He's a handful

Praying hard this isn't as bad as the first time, but they said he couldn't talk when he got to the hospital and couldn't stand. They'll know more in a few days when they get him stabilized more.

Praying hard for you and your husband! :hug2: I'm so sorry you and he are facing this again, Lorraine. Let me know if there's anything I can do. :hug2:

The first time was a nightmare from which I never emotionally recovered. He was in the hospital for two months and then three at home. The three at home were the worst. It was awful.

I can't go through it again. He's a handful

Praying hard this isn't as bad as the first time, but they said he couldn't talk when he got to the hospital and couldn't stand. They'll know more in a few days when they get him stabilized more.

The stroke and clot medicines are so good these days, I'm really hoping he comes through ok!

• Like 4

My husband had a major stroke this afternoon while driving. They're not sure how bad. He couldn't talk or walk when he got to the hospital, but they think they got the clot in time.

I have no one and I am all alone. I'm sorry to come here again and burden you.

Please. Whatever it is you do- prayer, good thoughts - send them my way fast.

I can't go through this again. I never recovered from the last time.

His truck has to be towed home, but I don't have the keys and the tow company doesn't know if they can do it or not.

God help me please.

I honestly don't think I can do this again.

Terrible news Lorraine. You’ve got the strength to get through this.

• Like 4

Very sorry to hear this Lorraine....the only crumb of comfort I can offer is that it sounds very likely they got to him in that all important first "golden hour" and this will improve his prognosis significantly....

Best wishes to you in this trying time.

• Like 6

That's terrible -- but you've already had some good news; if he was driving, it could have been so much worse. Let's hope there will be more good news to come.

We'll be praying for your husband's quick recovery and your strength.

• Like 3

So, so sorry to hear this Lorraine. A very difficult thing to go through. I hope it`s okay for me to say this, but I see a lot of stroke survivors in my job and the improvement from the event, to a few months down the line, can be amazing. Best wishes to you and your husband.
  • Like 5

So sorry to hear this, I know it is so hard when you don't have others there to lean on. Keep up posted when you can, I agree with all the other posts, we are here for you and want to help any way we can. You are stronger than you think, just know we are praying for both of you :hug2: :angel:

Listening to Marathon and thinking of you, hang in there my friend :musicnote: :hug2:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2