JohnRogers

He’s still Baby Yoda to me.

That species ages really slow. He's already like 50 and he's still a kid. Didn't Yoda make it to like 900? He's still baby Yoda for a while yet. But it's nice to get a name and some background on the character now.

Yeah, there's no telling what "aging equivalents" are, but if Yoda lived to be c. 900, then if we imagine a 90-year-old human, Grogu would be about five -- so not a baby, but still a lot of work. It would explain why Mando isn't changing diapers, though.

Please, dear Force, no CGI-Leia; just hire somebody else, or make it Bridger, etc.

What about getting Carrie's daughter, Billie Lourd to play Leia? I mean it would make sense if they were going that route.

Wasn't she in the last 3 films?

Yeah, just a small role where she played some leuteniant working with Leah. I know her from Scream Queens and the last three seasons of American Horror Story. Solid actress who can do both serious and funny pretty well.

Lourd technically already has played a young Leia Organa. It was in Rise of Skywalker - CGI’d version of Carrie Fisher’s likeness

That actor from Stranger Things looks a bit like Carrie Fisher, I think - "11"?

Edit - just discovered I'm not the only one who thinks so

Edited by toymaker

Another great episode. Really enjoyed Bill Burr's performance. You could just see him get more and more visibly agitated while trying to keep a straight face when talking to that scummy imp captain.

Burr was excellent.
  • Like 1

Just watched the last three episodes today. All caught up. My thoughts:

Timothy Zahn must be happy! I read his original trilogy when it first came out.

Moff Gideon, get out of that cheap-ass Vader half-suit. You look like a dweeb.

Bill Burr has a real future in acting....as long as he stays away from Philadelphia! :lol:

Boba Fett....*sigh*.....I knew he was coming, The purist in me wants to be outraged, but I accept that his escape from the Great Sarlaac was possible.

• Like 2

4qy3sb.jpg

In Abrams defense, Rian Johnson made everything such a mess there was no way for JJ to salvage it in episode nine.

Abrams had two years to write a good story. That should be sufficient time for any good director.

• Like 1

Wait...I'm a little confused on the ending. Is Bo Katan dead or alive?

She was still alive -- wasn't she? I can't think of anything that would have happened to her, but it's true she didn't have any lines once the Jedi showed up.

Wait...I'm a little confused on the ending. Is Bo Katan dead or alive?

She was still alive -- wasn't she? I can't think of anything that would have happened to her, but it's true she didn't have any lines once the Jedi showed up.

I guess the visuals tricked me. It looked like Moff Gideon shot her below her armor before Cara Dune knocked him out.

4qy3sb.jpg

In Abrams defense, Rian Johnson made everything such a mess there was no way for JJ to salvage it in episode nine.

Abrams had two years to write a good story. That should be sufficient time for any good director.

Not when somebody completely destroys a franchise with the clusterfuck that Rian Johnson came up with. Who could save that?

Great season finale. Best thing in the franchise since the original trilogy.

4qy3sb.jpg

Not when somebody completely destroys a franchise with the clusterfuck that Rian Johnson came up with. Who could save that?

Great season finale. Best thing in the franchise since the original trilogy.

Well we agree on one thing, lol.

4qy3sb.jpg

I’d rather not give Johnson that much credit. He’s too much of a twit to be that powerful.

Abrams made The Force Awakens. He created the characters of Rey, Ben, Finn, Poe and all the others. He could/should have written a proper story that gave closure for all of them. Instead, we were given a disjointed mess with a plethora of plot holes.

• Like 1

I just saw the last episode and was that really Mark Hamill at the end of the last episode?? He looked so young!

It was obviously a CGI version of how he looked when he was younger. I thought that was pretty easy to figure out. No way they could get Mark to look like that now.

I just saw the last episode and was that really Mark Hamill at the end of the last episode?? He looked so young!

It was obviously a CGI version of how he looked when he was younger. I thought that was pretty easy to figure out. No way they could get Mark to look like that now.

Oh, I thought it was one hell of a makeup artist! LOL! :facepalm:

Oh, I thought it was one hell of a makeup artist! LOL! :facepalm:

I don't know if this season was recorded during the pandemic but I wonder if they wanted to get Mark Hamil and he wasn't able to or didn't want to do it because of the virus. So this was the next best thing they could do.

At least the only Jedi who should have answered Grogu's call was the one they had do it.

Man, what an emotional moment in television...actually made me tear up just a little bit. It was like my childhood was back for a few minutes. So satisfying to see something Star Wars related finally, really hit the bullseye. Okay, I did like Rogue One pretty well but, for me, they really nailed it this time.
  • Like 2

No one is ever truly gone.

— Luke Skywalker

It sure seems that way! Everyone keeps coming back from the dead in The Mandalorian..... :laughing guy:

— Luke Skywalker

It sure seems that way! Everyone keeps coming back from the dead in The Mandalorian..... :laughing guy:

The show takes place 5-10 years after Jedi. Luke is very much alive in this timeline. Supposedly they digitally reverse aged Mark Hamil's face to get the image they used for him on the episode. Fans want actor Sebastian Stan to play Luke if possible because he does have a bit of a resemblance to a younger Mark Hamil.

• Like 1

— Luke Skywalker

The show takes place 5-10 years after Jedi. Luke is very much alive in this timeline. Supposedly they digitally reverse aged Mark Hamil's face to get the image they used for him on the episode. Fans want actor Sebastian Stan to play Luke if possible because he does have a bit of a resemblance to a younger Mark Hamil.

I was referring to Boba Fett, Bib Fortuna and any other Star Wars character who gets resurrected in this show. I was making a joke, using Luke's quote from The Rise of Skywalker.

I know everything about the timeline and who is alive, who is dead, and who is supposed to be dead.