Bobby's Favorite albums Part 3: The Beatles

Bigbobby10

91Sx7bFxVmL._SY355_.jpg Beatles_-_Abbey_Road.jpg

Part 3: The Beatles

Albums:

Magical Mystery Tour (1967)

Abbey Road (1969)

Genre: Psychedelic Pop, Pop Rock

I don't have to explain why The Beatles are amazing, but it may be interesting to see Magical Mystery Tour in here as one of my favorite albums. Not sure how to explain it either really.

I will say I do think Abbey Road is better and is indeed a flawless album, but I think both are just about perfect and are 10/10 for me.

Like I said before, there isnt much to explain for me, I guess its just the Beatles and these albums are the top for me.

Some albums that were close but I dont see exactly as 10/10 are The White Album and Sgt Pepper.

Edited by Bigbobby10
  • Like 1

Magical Mystery Tour

Blue Jay Way and Your Mother Should Know MUST be listened to together. Fantastic album.

Abbey Road

I Want You ( She's So Heavy ) is an incredible song. My fave from the album.

The summer of 1971, I took a one month trip around the east coast in a van with my high school buddies. Abbey Road was played a lot. Great memories.

• Like 2

Magical Mystery Tour

Blue Jay Way and Your Mother Should Know MUST be listened to together. Fantastic album.

Abbey Road

I Want You ( She's So Heavy ) is an incredible song. My fave from the album.

The summer of 1971, I took a one month trip around the east coast in a van with my high school buddies. Abbey Road was played a lot. Great memories.

I was still in grammar school when MMT came out - 8th grade I think. It will always remind me of James Walsh and Anthony Scerbo, two clowns who sat across from me and made me laugh all the time. Played that 1st side of the album to death. I loved MMT. :)

Think I will listen to it today. :7up:

• Like 1

MMT is an interesting choice. Blue Jay Way and Flying are both subpar Beatles' tunes, which keeps it from being flawless. Abbey Road is a no brainer.

FWIW, I think both the white album and Sgt. Pepper are perfect albums. The white album, in particular. It's my favorite studio album ever.

• Like 1

MMT is an interesting choice. Blue Jay Way and Flying are both subpar Beatles' tunes, which keeps it from being flawless. Abbey Road is a no brainer.

FWIW, I think both the white album and Sgt. Pepper are perfect albums. The white album, in particular. It's my favorite studio album ever.

I should be careful when I say flawless, because I really don't think an album can truly be flawless. But MMT is a 10/10 for me even though I wouldn't say flawless, I do agree about Blue Jay Way being kinda a dud, but the score stands for me.

• Like 1

I should be careful when I say flawless, because I really don't think an album can truly be flawless. But MMT is a 10/10 for me even though I wouldn't say flawless, I do agree about Blue Jay Way being kinda a dud, but the score stands for me.

The score for MMT is spot on. Don't get me wrong. Pointing out the weakness of Flying and BJW on a Beatles' album is a little like saying Cindy Crawford has a mole on her face. In the grand scheme of things, so f*cking what? :)

• Like 2

If anyone else is a podcast person (I follow about 15-20 of them) I highly recommend Something About the Beatles. Lots of great topics covered.

I will have to check this out, been wanting to start listening to some podcasts, I guess a good way to start is with music.

• Like 1

My personal favourite Beatles albums are:

A Hard Days Night

Help!

Rubber Soul

Revolver

These are my top four.

But overall I love their entire catalogue.

Could I tryna similar format to this? I like it!

Of course you can, I’m really interested in what u choose, I’ll be watching out for them

I may try "favourite bands" and do a brief summary on their discography, as I have a lot of love for bands and artists this forum isn't keen on

• Like 2

Of course you can, I’m really interested in what u choose, I’ll be watching out for them

I may try "favourite bands" and do a brief summary on their discography, as I have a lot of love for bands and artists this forum isn't keen on

Im excited to get to my list of albums maybe less people on this site may know, for example my arcade fire album is super popular and amazing, but on this site it may be lesser known

Im excited to get to my list of albums maybe less people on this site may know, for example my arcade fire album is super popular and amazing, but on this site it may be lesser known

I love Arcade Fire! My favourite is The Suburbs

Good list. I think Help! is underrated. Help! in fact was the album that really got me into The Beatles when I was in college. I knew their hits of course, and had started discovering their cooler "deep" tracks (deep being a relative term); then I heard Help! One great track after another, each one with great pop construction that really moved along briskly... IOW, a collection of really catchy rock/pop tunes. They weren't trying to be too deep or too complex, but rather they're more simple pop craft hit its apex. Rubber Soul and Revolver would get into slower, more complex writing (at times); Help! was all about having fun, but they were also REALLY good writers. I think if you're going to be a bar band playing catchy Beatles tunes, a good part of your covers are probably going to come from Hard Day's Night and Help!

• Like 1

These are the "only" albums by The Beatles I rate a ten:

A Hard Days Night

Help!

Rubber Soul

Revolver

White Album

I know it's blasphemy, but everything not on these albums that I most want to hear is mainly to be found on the red and blue albums.

A Hard Days Night

Help!

Rubber Soul

Revolver

White Album

I know it's blasphemy, but everything not on these albums that I most want to hear is mainly to be found on the red and blue albums.

Red and blue are amazing collections. I could probably live with just those.

A Hard Days Night

Help!

Rubber Soul

Revolver

White Album

It's not blasphemy. I know because I am the self-appointed biggest Beatles fan in the Universe.

• Like 3

A Hard Days Night

Help!

Rubber Soul

Revolver

White Album

It's not blasphemy. I know because I am the self-appointed biggest Beatles fan in the Universe.

Now wait just a cotton pickin' minute here, I appointed myself the same title. :)