New purple vinyl bootleg of 2112 concert is on Amazon

blueschica

For all of you vinyl or 2112 enthusiasts- there is a new purple vinyl bootleg (oh, sorry they are just calling it an "import") on Amazon. Not a lot of information on WHICH 2112 concert; all the information says is that is a radio broadcast from the Permanent Waves era. Someone in another group reported that it sounds pretty good. Anyway, here is the listing (before it sells out or gets taken down . . . :P )

https://www.amazon.c...72804598&sr=8-1

V0AYQp3l.png. n7gcNwZl.png

• Like 3

For all of you vinyl or 2112 enthusiasts- there is a new purple vinyl bootleg (oh, sorry they are just calling it an "import") on Amazon. Not a lot of information on WHICH 2112 concert; all the information says is that is a radio broadcast from the Permanent Waves era. Someone in another group reported that it sounds pretty good. Anyway, here is the listing (before it sells out or gets taken down . . . :P )

Far be it from me to say "there`s a second photo on the Amazon listing with track listing and venue", but... :P ...Kiel Auditorium 12th Feb 1980, and the songs are - The Spirit of the Radio (their words!!), 2112, Natural Science and Xanadu :) Edited by IbanezJem
  • Like 1

Far be it from me to say "there`s a second photo on the Amazon listing with track listing and venue", but... :P ...Kiel Auditorium 12th Feb 1980, and the songs are - The Spirit of the Radio (their words!!), 2112, Natural Science and Xanadu :)

I figured it was that one but it's been a busy weekend! :LOL: My eyes were probably crossed when reading the listing! Thanks for the information!

• Like 1

I have a vinyl rip of this one on my computer. It's a fantastic sounding 24bit-96kHz (flac) file. So compared to the multiple CD versions, that are out there, the sound from the vinyl is truly a satisfying, big impovement. More dynamics and much warmer. Even if it's not the whole broadcast, me loves this! :smoke:
  • Like 1

I have a vinyl rip of this one on my computer. It's a fantastic sounding 24bit-96kHz (flac) file. So compared to the multiple CD versions, that are out there, the sound from the vinyl is truly a satisfying, big impovement. More dynamics and much warmer. Even if it's not the whole broadcast, me loves this! :smoke:

Good to hear this! (Literally lol.) I have it on a CD and I enjoy it in the car but I don't think it's one of the better recordings.

Serious....? Only 4 songs? I have, I think at least that it is, a bootleg from same concert that have almost the whole set list (some songs is missing, but it's way more then this anyway). That one is called Spirit Of The Airwaves. It's a great one! It is on double vinyl. I have 2 of it. One that is limited to 1000 copies on grey vinyl. And then the standard one.

I skip this one.

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 2

Serious....? Only 4 songs? I have, I think at least that it is, a bootleg from same concert that have almost the whole set list (some songs is missing, but it's way more then this anyway). That one is called Spirit Of The Airwaves. It's a great one! It is on double vinyl. I have 2 of it. One that is limited to 1000 copies on grey vinyl. And then the standard one.

I skip this one.

Sorry. I just don’t get it. People label some of Rush’s official releases as “money grabs”. It seems to me that a limited edition bootleg LP pressed on grey vinyl is the ultimate “money grab”. Like I said, I just don’t get it.

I skip this one.

Sorry. I just don’t get it. People label some of Rush’s official releases as “money grabs”. It seems to me that a limited edition bootleg LP pressed on grey vinyl is the ultimate “money grab”. Like I said, I just don’t get it.

It's called collection...

I am a vinyl collector. And I like to collect limited versions of different vinyl records.

I skip this one.

I am a vinyl collector. And I like to collect limited versions of different vinyl records.

To each his own. One mans trash is another mans treasure.

As with most “collecting”, there’s a fine line between “collector” and “sucker”.

I skip this one.

As with most “collecting”, there’s a fine line between “collector” and “sucker”.

Whatever dude...

If you don't get it, then you don't get it. No point talking about it with you, because you will never understand anyway.

1573244441[/url'>' post='4703152']
1573104370' post='4702774']
1573077923[/url'>' post='4702667']
1572961620' post='4702337']
1572857596[/url]' post='4702116']

I skip this one.

Whatever dude...

If you don't get it, then you don't get it. No point talking about it with you, because you will never understand anyway.

No disrespect intended. Didn’t mean to upset you. If collecting different colors of the same LP makes you happy, you go for it...dude. I’m surprised that you think you can judge what I do and do not understand. That’s kind of pretentious.

Anyway, I was just making a point about collecting in general. I collect things to. Like most collectors, I’ve bought things I’ve kind of regretted and felt a little “suckered”. Like I said, there’s a fine line. I’m sure there are many “collectibles” that were created pretty much just for the suckers.

Edited by Mr. JD

There's a bunch of Vinyl (promo and bootleg) and CDs from 75 minutes.this going back to the time it was originally broadcast.

• Like 1

I skip this one.

Then you need to look into the latest Dream Theater studio album Distance Over Time. There are more than 10 different colored versions of that album. Look it up.

I skip this one.

In general, I prefer the things that are organically limited as opposed to stuff that has been intentionally created that way.

• Like 1

I skip this one.

Then you need to look into the latest Dream Theater studio album Distance Over Time. There are more than 10 different colored versions of that album. Look it up.

Not a fan of Dream Theater tho...

• Like 1

There's a bunch of Vinyl (promo and bootleg) and CDs from 75 minutes.this going back to the time it was originally broadcast.

Yeah, I know, but my Rush vinyl boot collection is very easy to manage, IYKWIM. I have multiple digital versions of this broadcast but I never heard a vinyl version before. Oh, I own the original Seagull Records CD, which I thought sounded best from all the digital stuff. But even if this version is just a vinyl rip, and not the whole thing, it's well worth the time. Great sound!

• Like 1

Yeah, I know, but my Rush vinyl boot collection is very easy to manage, IYKWIM. I have multiple digital versions of this broadcast but I never heard a vinyl version before. Oh, I own the original Seagull Records CD, which I thought sounded best from all the digital stuff. But even if this version is just a vinyl rip, and not the whole thing, it's well worth the time. Great sound!

Seagull is one of the better ones on CD. There's a really good double vinyl bootleg but I forget what it's called. I think it's on Toasted Records. That's my favorite vinyl version. I don't have any of the official radio only LPs either. The last vinyl version I bought of this show was like 30 years ago. I've been avoiding and recent vinyl without knowing how it was mastered.

• Like 1

I recorded the St. Louis show off the radio back in 1980 and that along with my Led Zeppelin BBC tape and a KISS vinyl called Second Kiss in Long Beach, were the start of live unreleased music. Sometime in the nineties I finally got a cd copy of the St Louis show. Thought it sounded great - sounded like a pre-broadcast source to me. A few years later Bit torrent would provide numerous versions of this show and then I finally broke down and bought a vinyl version called Spirit of the Airwaves or something like that - on grey vinyl. It is such a classic live recording to me, I liked the idea of finally getting it on vinyl. One day I hope to commission my own lathe cut of a complete 1980 Rush concert that I made from various sources. Doesn't make any sense, just something I want to have. Collecting is like that - makes no logical sense.

One day all those little Rush items I have that I hold so dear, will be land fill.

• Like 2