George Lynch's 157th new project DIRTY SHIRLEY is pretty good!

treeduck

GEORGE LYNCH IS THE KING!!!

DINO gives JORN a run for his money!!

What about Michael Starr??

Hahaha! I love Michael! Met him three years ago. Great guy! I would say yes! DINO RAWKS!

Ever hear Into the Fire?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybaa6bV2pNo

WOW!! I have never seen this video! EPIC INDEED!!!!

My top 5 guitar players:

1. Eddie Van Halen

2. Michael Schenker

3. Warren DeMartini

4. George Lynch

5. Wolf Hoffmann

Two Germans in your top 5?? HOLY SHITE!! :hail: :notworthy: :hail:

And a Dutchman!

Mad hatter disease!

Hahahaha! I have Freddie "Mercury Poisoning" of the nervous system! Brian May should be in my top ten............

How do you rate these 5 players who arrived in the 70's?

Iommi

Blackmore

May

Young

Page

And also how do you rate them in terms of originality?

Iommi: He is original and the Godfather Of METAL

May: I have to take him second because of his guitar tone. It's just so amazing and May!

Young: The energy is OFF THE CHARTS! I know AC/DC gets a bum rap for every song sounding the same but Angus is a fukking LEGEND! RIFF MASTER!!!

Blackmore: Another innovator and I love him with the Deep Purple and early Rainbow stuff but he took a wrong turn with that cute Candicce Night. His little head was thinking more than his big head. "Shame Shame Shame" RATT

Page: I put Page last despite being another incredible innovator. Amazing chops but the guy was always a drunk on stage and I'm glad I never saw him live.

Ii will take Jeff Beck over Jimmy Page anyday. I mean seriously. Jimmy's stuff in The Firm and The Outrider is shit. I heard Jimmy had to sit down to play the guitar a lot. Lame.

I will say I do enjoy the COVERDALE PAGE record.

Of course I do!! WHITESNAKE BABY!!!!!

John Sykes and Adrian Vandenberg make Jimmy Page look like a drunk toddler in Depends diapers so he can piss himself on stage! LOL!!!

• Like 1

Hahaha! I love Michael! Met him three years ago. Great guy! I would say yes! DINO RAWKS!

Ever hear Into the Fire?

My top 5 guitar players:

1. Eddie Van Halen

2. Michael Schenker

3. Warren DeMartini

4. George Lynch

5. Wolf Hoffmann

And a Dutchman!

Mad hatter disease!

Hahahaha! I have Freddie "Mercury Poisoning" of the nervous system! Brian May should be in my top ten............

Iommi

Blackmore

May

Young

Page

May: I have to take him second because of his guitar tone. It's just so amazing and May!

Young: The energy is OFF THE CHARTS! I know AC/DC gets a bum rap for every song sounding the same but Angus is a fukking LEGEND! RIFF MASTER!!!

Blackmore: Another innovator and I love him with the Deep Purple and early Rainbow stuff but he took a wrong turn with that cute Candicce Night. His little head was thinking more than his big head. "Shame Shame Shame" RATT

Page: I put Page last despite being another incredible innovator. Amazing chops but the guy was always a drunk on stage and I'm glad I never saw him live.

Ii will take Jeff Beck over Jimmy Page anyday. I mean seriously. Jimmy's stuff in The Firm and The Outrider is shit. I heard Jimmy had to sit down to play the guitar a lot. Lame.

John Sykes and Adrian Vandenberg make Jimmy Page look like a drunk toddler in Depends diapers so he can piss himself on stage! LOL!!!

Yeah I agree Page is the weak link of that quintet and he's the least original and has the worst technique. He's very overrated but still good, just not as good as all the Page fanboys believe.

I've got Iommi and May at the top as well with Blackmore 3rd and Angus 4th. Page is a distant 5th.

Edited by treeduck
  • Like 1

Here's another doubleneck guitar and two of the world's best guitarists together at last!

QSJFkcv.jpg

I don't think anyone knows who this mysterious guitar player is.

His name is ROD THARG, he's the brother of Ron Thal!

• Like 1

Ever hear Into the Fire?

My top 5 guitar players:

1. Eddie Van Halen

2. Michael Schenker

3. Warren DeMartini

4. George Lynch

5. Wolf Hoffmann

And a Dutchman!

Mad hatter disease!

Iommi

Blackmore

May

Young

Page

Yeah I agree Page is the weak link of that quintet and he's the least original and has the worst technique. He's very overrated but still good, just not as good as all the Page fanboys believe.

I've got Iommi and May at the top as well with Blackmore 3rd and Angus 4th. Page is a distant 5th.

Amazing Pat! You are Grey are my BROTHERS!!!! So many wonderful brothers and sisters on here!!!

"TURN THE PAGE!"

Signed,

RUSH!

LOL!

• Like 1

Ever hear Into the Fire?

My top 5 guitar players:

1. Eddie Van Halen

2. Michael Schenker

3. Warren DeMartini

4. George Lynch

5. Wolf Hoffmann

And a Dutchman!

Mad hatter disease!

Iommi

Blackmore

May

Young

Page

Amazing Pat! You are Grey are my BROTHERS!!!! So many wonderful brothers and sisters on here!!!

"TURN THE PAGE!"

Signed,

RUSH!

LOL!

Quick, rank the 10 songs on Hold Your Fire from best to worst!

• Like 1

Ever hear Into the Fire?

My top 5 guitar players:

1. Eddie Van Halen

2. Michael Schenker

3. Warren DeMartini

4. George Lynch

5. Wolf Hoffmann

And a Dutchman!

Mad hatter disease!

Iommi

Blackmore

May

Young

Page

"TURN THE PAGE!"

Signed,

RUSH!

LOL!

Hahahaha! You are my brother.

Always throwing me a curveball. You know how much I love that record........

• Like 1

Wait... Earl, what??? You're glad that you never saw Page live??? That is insane man!

I saw him two times in 1995 together with Robert. They had some obscure, groovy Morrocan freaks and a small orchestra with them on stage and believe me, they were more than friggin' fabulous, mate!

If you had attended this gig back then, I swear that you were the one who would've needed the diapers... out of sheer bliss!!

Check out the bootleg. Page/Plant - Frauenfeld, Switzerland - Open Air 1995

Page Originality Defence: The Battle Of Evermore, Four Sticks, Achilles..., Kashmir, Carouselambra...

• Like 2

Wait... Earl, what??? You're glad that you never saw Page live??? That is insane man!

I saw him two times in 1995 together with Robert. They had some obscure, groovy Morrocan freaks and a small orchestra with them on stage and believe me, they were more than friggin' fabulous, mate!

If you had attended this gig back then, I swear that you were the one who would've needed the diapers... out of sheer bliss!!

Check out the bootleg. Page/Plant - Frauenfeld, Switzerland - Open Air 1995

Page Originality Defence: The Battle Of Evermore, Four Sticks, Achilles..., Kashmir, Carouselambra...

I saw the 100th show of that tour in Rio, at a festival called Hollywood Rock. The opening acts were Urge Overkill and The Black Crowes. I still remember that night!!!!

• Like 2

Ever hear Into the Fire?

My top 5 guitar players:

1. Eddie Van Halen

2. Michael Schenker

3. Warren DeMartini

4. George Lynch

5. Wolf Hoffmann

Where's Meniketti???

• Like 2

Ever hear Into the Fire?

My top 5 guitar players:

1. Eddie Van Halen

2. Michael Schenker

3. Warren DeMartini

4. George Lynch

5. Wolf Hoffmann

And a Dutchman!

Mad hatter disease!

Iommi

Blackmore

May

Young

Page

"TURN THE PAGE!"

Signed,

RUSH!

LOL!

I've always liked it despite the synth wash. I think by 1987 I was resigned to the fact that RUSH wasn't going to be cranking out the heavy riffs anymore.

• Like 1

Ever hear Into the Fire?

My top 5 guitar players:

1. Eddie Van Halen

2. Michael Schenker

3. Warren DeMartini

4. George Lynch

5. Wolf Hoffmann

And a Dutchman!

Mad hatter disease!

Iommi

Blackmore

May

Young

Page

"TURN THE PAGE!"

Signed,

RUSH!

LOL!

I've always liked it despite the synth wash. I think by 1987 I was resigned to the fact that RUSH wasn't going to be cranking out the heavy riffs anymore.

"synth wash" I like that term. Yes buddy the heavy riffs were over until "Presto." In my mind "Show Don't Tell" came out with a wonderful opening riff!

• Like 1

Ever hear Into the Fire?

My top 5 guitar players:

1. Eddie Van Halen

2. Michael Schenker

3. Warren DeMartini

4. George Lynch

5. Wolf Hoffmann

And a Dutchman!

Mad hatter disease!

Iommi

Blackmore

May

Young

Page

"TURN THE PAGE!"

Signed,

RUSH!

LOL!

"synth wash" I like that term. Yes buddy the heavy riffs were over until "Presto." In my mind "Show Don't Tell" came out with a wonderful opening riff!

Even on Counterparts Alex didn't crank it up like on 2112!

• Like 1

On 11/1/2019 at 11:31 AM, Rod in Toronto said:

Finally listened. GREAT song!!! They made a video for it too...I don't recall ever seeing George Lynch with a doubleneck guitar:

So he is playing at a club in NJ tonight and was just at our School of Rock, the owner knows him somehow. He played for about an hour including Dirty Shirley and then took questions and stuff. it was pretty low-key and pretty cool.

And today is his 69th birthday.

• Like 4

On 9/29/2023 at 2:27 AM, Laurabw said:

So he is playing at a club in NJ tonight and was just at our School of Rock, the owner knows him somehow. He played for about an hour including Dirty Shirley and then took questions and stuff. it was pretty low-key and pretty cool.

And today is his 69th birthday.

Nice!

• Like 1