Bobby's Favorite albums Part 2: Arcade Fire

Bigbobby10

2099047d.jpg

Part 2: Arcade Fire

Album: Funeral (2004)

Genre: Indie Rock, Chamber Pop, Art Rock

See? Canada is good for more than Rush.

But for real what an incredible album, this is an album (like many in my list) that looking into what was going on in their lives before this album was made.

The album is called funeral because each member of the band had someone close to them pass away before the release of the album.

Themes of death are all throughout the album, but also about growing up and changing as time goes on.

My favorite aspects of this album are definitely the use of violins and the vocals. This album really is incredible and I do recommend for all music lovers.

Its hard to chose a favorite song on here, but I would go with the first song, Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels). It sends the tone for the rest of the album, and Win Butler is a very emotional singer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b_IHjWXbuM

What do you all think of this album?

• Like 1

I adored Funeral. Not saying I don`t still, I just haven`t listened to it for some years. I discovered the album pretty early - relative to a lot of people in UK - and spent a lot of time trying to get friends to understand! Tunnels is one of the most beautiful openers. Rebellion and of course, Wake Up, are amazing songs too. Such a strange relationship I had with Arcade Fire - I couldn`t get on with any record they made afterwards. I have the first EP too, but nothing sounded as right as Funeral. An incredibly moving record, which just really worked for me at that stage of my life. Not an unhappy time exactly, but it was before I met my wife, drinking and gambling too much, I was really open to the themes and the mood of the record.
  • Like 1