My Favorite Headache Vinyl Release News - NEW TRACKS!

Jag2112

Getting a couple old tracks with the vocals taken out reminds me again how surprising it is that Ged and Al not done anything of substance musically for so long now. It had to be in their blood to be so great, seeing as they've hardly appeared past it and at times expressed regret and even frustration their band was finished, i dont get how they could just essentially drop guitars

I know Al made the odd guest appearance but talking substance really, new music in entirety. I know these guys got nothin to prove and if they lived the rest of their lives just being happy then i'd be happy for them but, i just dont get it how they not succumbed to the urge for so long thats all.

Getting a couple old tracks with the vocals taken out reminds me again how surprising it is that Ged and Al not done anything of substance musically for so long now. It had to be in their blood to be so great, seeing as they've hardly appeared past it and at times expressed regret and even frustration their band was finished, i dont get how they could just essentially drop guitars

I know Al made the odd guest appearance but talking substance really, new music in entirety. I know these guys got nothin to prove and if they lived the rest of their lives just being happy then i'd be happy for them but, i just dont get it how they not succumbed to the urge for so long thats all.

I'm expecting future Rush re-issues to do the same thing as with MFH.

Edited by chemistry1973

I'm expecting future Rush re-issues to do the same thing as with MFH.

I can't wait to hear the instrumental version of YYZ on Moving Pictures 40.

• Like 2

You guys give me a f***ing big headache..... LOL!!!!!

This thread is useless.

Rush Fruits trying so hard to look for something interesting to type about!

Instead of wasting your time typing about horrific solo albums by a few Canadian Legends why don't you try and focus on yourself and get laid.

Not sure if that's possible. Rush Fruits and hot women. Hmmmmmmmmm

I've had my share. Been lucky.

Life goes on.

No self pity here TONY R. I've lived the dream and I'm still wet baby.

Typing about Geddy and Alex solo albums is like jacking off to deer eating rose pedals in my parents garden. LOL!

Meh.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I recall when the 'expanded edition' of the I Robot album by The Alan Parsons Project was released in 2017.

One of the bonus songs was a backing track rough mix of 'I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWQQMtAASDg

An individual can do their own karaoke voice over and their own instrumentation on something like this.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 2

When Gene Simmons starts releasing new ca$h grabs of the KISS catalog, I really want to hear the instrumental version of Ladies Room. That one really moves. Edited by grep
  • Like 1

The problem with re-releasing Rush material is that there's not much new stuff to offer . We've been told that there were no throwaway songs, or alternates.

But then again, there ARE the Power Windows Demos that leaked out.... maybe it's more that the band doesn't want us to hear the actual rough cuts.

Either way, Rush re-releases are getting pretty boring, IMO.

• Like 1

I recall when the 'expanded edition' of the I Robot album by The Alan Parsons Project was released in 2017.

One of the bonus songs was a backing track rough mix of 'I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWQQMtAASDg

An individual can do their own karaoke voice over and their own instrumentation on something like this.

See now you are typing!!!! I am glad many of you don't take my late night posts so serious. "I Robot" Rules!

I met Alan Parsons once in the city at a signing. I told him, "Alan, I had to take care of my neighbors house when they were gone on vacation for a week. I was 14 years old. It was summer of 1982 and I went through my neighbor's record collection. I put "Eye In The Sky" on and instantly fell in love!" Alan looked at me and shook my hand. He said, "Wow, you have a very good memory, you are correct. "Eye In The Sky" did come out in 1982."

He was so nice!!!

I live for ROCK AND ROLL and I will die with it!!!

I would rather type about Alan Parsons than Geddy's failure solo record. JMO

Now back to the boredom.............

The problem with re-releasing Rush material is that there's not much new stuff to offer . We've been told that there were no throwaway songs, or alternates.

But then again, there ARE the Power Windows Demos that leaked out.... maybe it's more that the band doesn't want us to hear the actual rough cuts.

Excellent posts grep. It is what it is.

They have the right to release whatever they want, but if they are just going rehash the same old stuff in different formats I have no interest.

I do not care what anybody says. I am so happy that Geddy finally release this record on vinyl. And I really hope I will get it!!

Figured my days of waking up early on Black Friday Record Store Day were done, but I figured wrong.

• Like 1

I just can't wait to hear those songs that didn't make the cut for MFH!

The two instrumentals that’ll be on there DID make the cut. They’re instrumental versions of My Favourite Headache and Home on the Strange

*yawn* I'll pass.

Anyone else get their copy? I REALLY did not want to wake up early this morning but it had to be done. Usually end up having to waste most of the day to accomplish the mission by 12:30 pm which included a nice lunch with a friend. Might have been the smoothest Record Store Day ever.

Looks great. I thought this was only limited to 2700 or something like that but the sticker says 5000 so there should be plenty for anyone else that wants one.

• Like 1

A few more thoughts on this one.

Apparently musictoday is now selling a "Headache" package which might explain why the "limited edition" is not as limited as it started out.

Also, I noticed the vinyl went with the Canadian/English spelling of favorite like the CDs in those countries..

Those two "instrumentals" aren't really. Guess they couldn't remove some of the backing vocals.

Here's hoping Victor comes out next year.....