Secret Touch

Lorraine

Fantastic track, one of the true rush greats, original studio cut for me but translated great live too

Followed by Earthshine, i mean, no better doublet

Two quality cuts for sure!
  • Like 5

Secret Touch is a really good song on a renaissance album and the album is the best thing they put out since p/g for the mix of energy and "hookiness". Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 4

Secret Touch is a really good song on a renaissance album and the album is the best thing they put out since p/g for the mix of energy and "hookiness".

:goodone:
  • Like 3

A Rush song that gets little attention. but one that, to me at least, has Neil's best lyrics. I think it's a beautiful song.

I like this version better than the album cut:

http://youtu.be/Wc6qcn3oxVg

It certainly saves VT from being at the bottom of the barrel.

• Like 3

A Rush song that gets little attention. but one that, to me at least, has Neil's best lyrics. I think it's a beautiful song.

I like this version better than the album cut:

http://youtu.be/Wc6qcn3oxVg

It certainly saves VT from being at the bottom of the barrel.

As my most bottom of the barrel Rush record for me I will say this song is the best one on the record.

Quick story.

So I was married for 19 years and it was a damn good run. She went all over North America to see Rush with me even though it wasn't her passion.

Well, on the R30 Tour my buddy drove us to the Hollywood Bowl to see the gig.

Upon entering the parking lot i just didn't look like such a smart move. Back there there was no Uber or Lyft and his house was very close to the venue so I didn't think much of it.

So as we run out of the concert when it ends we are first to the car so we can get the flukk out of dodge. Well, they parked us in a way where you have to wait for other frigging cars to leave first.

I was so pissed!! We had to wait for over 90 minutes to get out of there. My wife turns to me and says..............

"the way out is the way in."

I thought that was Epic at the time.

So many good times, yet it still failed.

"Love Stinks"

Signd,

J. Geils Band

• Like 7

Honestly, never got into it much. It's decent but I'd probably take 5 or 6 other songs from VT over it.

Oh dude, I get it. It's just ok. But you would take five or six other songs on that album?

Jesus Three Eyes.

I would rather listen to anything by Third Eye Blind instead! Junk Band!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, never got into it much. It's decent but I'd probably take 5 or 6 other songs from VT over it.

Oh dude, I get it. It's just ok. But you would take five or six other songs on that album?

Jesus Three Eyes.

Do you mind if I have an opinion on stuff or should I just parrot the consensus?

• Like 3

Jesus Three Eyes.

Do you mind if I have an opinion on stuff or should I just parrot the consensus?

Decent song with some cool riffs. But for me, it’s the 4th best tune behind Earthshine, Vapor Trail, and Ghost Rider.

• Like 1

Jesus Three Eyes.

Decent song with some cool riffs. But for me, it’s the 4th best tune behind Earthshine, Vapor Trail, and Ghost Rider.

For me, it's either fourth of fifth behind Ceiling Unlimited, Sweet Miracle, Nocturne, and maybe Ghost Rider. More good songs than any release since p/g.

• Like 3

One of my favorites on that album. Got a good response the couple times I saw them do it live. That riff in the middle of the song got the crowd cheering loudly.

The Jesus Christ Pose riff in the middle is killer.
  • Like 2

Jesus Three Eyes.

I don't eat Fruit Loops Third Eye Blind, but I would rather be a Toucan

It's shit.

Hahaha!!! Bird Shit.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I'm glad you aren't a parrot. I would rather be a Parrothead and listen to Jimmy Buffett.

I was only joking around. Forum members take me so serious. Hilarious.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. My ass smells like unicorn peppermint cake fairy dust. LOL

Just please don't vape that "shit." Humans are dying from that garbage.

I would rather vape Superman's cape than listen to "Vape" Or Happy Trails.

Give me real Van Halen anyday over anything RUSH has done since "Counterparts."

"Test For Echo" would have been a masterpiece if it was an instrumental Rush record. LOL!

• Like 2

VT has gone back and forth in my rankings between a mediocre Rush album and a rather poor one. At its best and its worst, I find it just doesn’t stick with me all that well. That said, the hook on Secret Touch is one of the best in the record, and it’s always been one of my preferred tracks from VT.
  • Like 2