With Rush Forum Bias Erased: Which Drummer Has More Skill Regardless Of Being In Their Prime Or In Their Later Years. NEIL PEART V. DANNY CAREY

RUSHHEAD666

There Is A Very Powerful "Undertow" In The Current "Red Tide" Of The "Alien Shore.  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which Drummer To You Posseses The Most Skill On The Drum Kit?

I know there is a bias on here and duh, as a drummer of 38 years, Neil Peart will always be my number one drummer on the Earth.

But to just base the drumming on pure skill and power, which drummer to you is better? You can say it's a tie, but that will not be an option.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

Well, that's not happening here tonight.

Choose one or don't play the game.

Even Rush fans over the last 5 years have said Danny should do a project with Geddy and Alex.

I've typed it. Heck even Gavin Harrison comes to mind.

But for once I will try and stay focused. LOL!

NEIL OR DANNY!????

• Like 1

I haven’t listened extensively to Tool, but what I have heard makes Carey sound like a one trick pony. Neil, while very identifiable in his part writing and playing, seems to paint with a broader palette to my ears.
  • Like 1

I haven’t listened extensively to Tool, but what I have heard makes Carey sound like a one trick pony. Neil, while very identifiable in his part writing and playing, seems to paint with a broader palette to my ears.

Hahaha! Hello my prog son. Yes, I get it. A one trick pony but man can Dan play. Everyone says Neil is also a one trick pony. A straight ahead angry mechanic on the drums who loves to flirt with the time signature continuum.

I've talked to Dave Weckl about about Neil. I've talked to Simon Phillips about Neil. They both say the same thing. "An incredible drummer, yet very one dimensional."

So I think Danny and Neil are both one trick ponies. Very elite Stallions to be honest, but yes, I get it.

The new project is coming soon.......

GAD

GEDDY

ALEX

DANNY

Also means Generalized Anxiety Disorder. Lol

Or perhaps the project will be

DAG

Danny

Alex

Geddy

"Dag" means many things........

"A hanging end or shred."

A piece of poop that hangs off the ass of a sheep that gets caught in the wooly part of it's buttocks.

LOL!!!!

Classic shit.

Pun intended.

• Like 2

Hahaha! Hello my prog son. Yes, I get it. A one trick pony but man can Dan play. Everyone says Neil is also a one trick pony. A straight ahead angry mechanic on the drums who loves to flirt with the time signature continuum.

I've talked to Dave Weckl about about Neil. I've talked to Simon Phillips about Neil. They both say the same thing. "An incredible drummer, yet very one dimensional."

So I think Danny and Neil are both one trick ponies. Very elite Stallions to be honest, but yes, I get it.

GAD

GEDDY

ALEX

DANNY

DAG

Danny

Alex

Geddy

A piece of poop that hangs off the ass of a sheep that gets caught in the wooly part of it's buttocks.

LOL!!!!

Classic shit.

Pun intended.

I dunno Earl, Neil has a lot of variety across his discography. Bravado isn’t anything like Xanadu for instance.

• Like 1

GAD

GEDDY

ALEX

DANNY

DAG

Danny

Alex

Geddy

LOL!!!!

Classic shit.

Pun intended.

I dunno Earl, Neil has a lot of variety across his discography. Bravado isn’t anything like Xanadu for instance.

I know my friend.

I do agree. Funny, I love playing to "Xanadu" and "Bravado" on the drums all the time.

I've never played my drums to a TOOL album. LOL

I can play every RUSH album from Debut to "Test For Echo."

Hmmmmmmmmm

No wonder I can't vote. :)

• Like 1

I know there is a bias on here and duh, as a drummer of 38 years, Neil Peart will always be my number one drummer on the Earth.

But to just base the drumming on pure skill and power, which drummer to you is better? You can say it's a tie, but that will not be an option.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

Well, that's not happening here tonight.

Choose one or don't play the game.

Even Rush fans over the last 5 years have said Danny should do a project with Geddy and Alex.

I've typed it. Heck even Gavin Harrison comes to mind.

But for once I will try and stay focused. LOL!

NEIL OR DANNY!????

And Earl don't forget Tony Carey the keyboard wizard from RAINBOW RISING!

And I know you love Danny's mum Mariah Carey!

Perhaps I should.

Simon Phillips

And don't forget Earl, you mention Simon Phillips and you have to mention SIN AFTER SIN and how Priest changed his career!

And you have to mention TOTO Turn Back and Isolation, even though Simon wasn't in the band yet!

Who the f**k is Danny Carey?

^ This.

As a drummer of almost 35 years, I’m feeling I should be ashamed of not knowing...

Okay, I just read some more of the thread. Tool? Pass. Sorry.

I cannot be objective on this one! It’s gonna be Neil.

• Like 2

GAD

GEDDY

ALEX

DANNY

DAG

Danny

Alex

Geddy

LOL!!!!

Classic shit.

Pun intended.

No, wait! Alex and Geddy should do something with Steve Gadd! Mr. Triplets!! Ged, Alex and Gadd!

And they should write a song that Alex plays in DADGAD tuning!

Yeah, that’s the ticket!

• Like 2

Not having listened to much Tool i checked the guy out on YT finding the guy can indeed play but couldnt imagine him dreaming up and playing the percussion on permanent waves for example. As for him joining Al and Ged why would he toss his own personal project in Tool for Rush, to say his band wasnt as worthwhile as someone else's

Who the f**k is Danny Carey?

You beat me to it.

I don't feel so bad now.

I had no idea who he is either, but I don't know much, so I figured he was just yet another musician I never heard of.

In the Beyond the Lighted Stage doc, he talked about how Rush changed his life and that he wanted to be a musician immediately after listening to 2112.

• Like 3