The 2019-20 NHL Thread

blackhawkrush

In one week from today, the second round will be finished unless lawlessness prevails.

This movement doesn't care about stopping lawlessness. They're all about Marxism, anti-Semitism and race wars. And these stupid young players are just what the doctor ordered.

I get you disapprove but isn't shooting someone 7 times in the back while you have a hold on their shirt not excessive? Why is that ok? It is also not clear that the officers knew of any warrants at the time they were attempting to arrest him. Speaking of lawlessness, why can someone come in from another state, armed and go to a protest and kill two people? Why did the police let him go? I find it hard to believe had that man been a person of color and they saw the assault rifle strapped on his back, they would have shot him first not ignore him.

There are the peaceful protesters and the stupid agitators that show up to make trouble. They aren't one and the same. The peaceful protesters want these type of incidents to stop, for fairness and the law to be applied justly. The last thing I will say is there is a need for better training in de-escalation for police. Military training teaches multiple steps to follow BEFORE use of force is recommended. Police seem to go deadly force way too fast.

Looking forward to the Flyers and Isles and Knights and Canucks tonight.. :hockey:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 3

In one week from today, the second round will be finished unless lawlessness prevails.

This movement doesn't care about stopping lawlessness. They're all about Marxism, anti-Semitism and race wars. And these stupid young players are just what the doctor ordered.

I get you disapprove but isn't shooting someone 7 times in the back while you have a hold on their shirt not excessive? Why is that ok? It is also not clear that the officers knew of any warrants at the time they were attempting to arrest him. Speaking of lawlessness, why can someone come in from another state, armed and go to a protest and kill two people? Why did the police let him go? I find it hard to believe had that man been a person of color and they saw the assault rifle strapped on his back, they would have shot him first not ignore him.

There are the peaceful protesters and the stupid agitators that show up to make trouble. They aren't one and the same. The peaceful protesters want these type of incidents to stop, for fairness and the law to be applied justly. The last thing I will say is there is a need for better training in de-escalation for police. Military training teaches multiple steps to follow BEFORE use of force is recommended. Police seem to go deadly force way too fast.

Looking forward to the Flyers and Isles and Knights and Canucks tonight.. :hockey:

Here's where I stand: In the entire year of 2019 there have been a total of seven (7) police shootings of blacks in the United States. With all the hours cops are on the beat, does that sound like systemic racism in the police departments to you? In this latest event, the man was stopped, tasered, had guns drawn against him, and not once did he decide to give up. Why? First, because he had a criminal past and second, because he's been conditioned by the commie media to think all white cops are devils. Lastly, I find it incredible that we have so many Americans that would subscribe to Marxist and racist organizations like BLM and anti-fa. Please expand your news sources and stop listening to lies.

Here's where I stand: In the entire year of 2019 there have been a total of seven (7) police shootings of blacks in the United States. With all the hours cops are on the beat, does that sound like systemic racism in the police departments to you? In this latest event, the man was stopped, tasered, had guns drawn against him, and not once did he decide to give up. Why? First, because he had a criminal past and second, because he's been conditioned by the commie media to think all white cops are devils. Lastly, I find it incredible that we have so many Americans that would subscribe to Marxist and racist organizations like BLM and anti-fa. Please expand your news sources and stop listening to lies.

For the record, I read multiple news sources and some of them don't agree with your assessment. There are two sides here that aren't going to see eye to eye. Let's just leave it there and avoid saying more things we will regret.

:hockeygoon:

• Like 3

For the record, I read multiple news sources and some of them don't agree with your assessment. There are two sides here that aren't going to see eye to eye. Let's just leave it there and avoid saying more things we will regret.

:hockeygoon:

In that case, let's say we agree to disagree. Go, Canucks...oops, I did it again. :blush:
  • Like 2

Come on Bruins..YOU HAVE TO WIN on Monday or your out......maybe they want that tho.

:hockey:

They had their chances today, Pasta missed an open corner. It's still possible they could come back.. :huh:

• Like 1

In that case, let's say we agree to disagree. Go, Canucks...oops, I did it again. :blush:

;) Vegas ran over the Canucks, they just are so much bigger and fast too. Lehner had another start and did well. Canucks will have to regroup quickly for tomorrow. Same goes for Philly, Isles building up steam and going to be hard to stop.

Johnson and Grubauer are still out for the Avs, hope they can continue with a great game like Tuesday (prefer not having to come from behind). I really like Makar, that kid is doing so great in his first year. :ebert:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

On another note, anyone heard from crimsonmystmemory? With the Bolts in the playoffs I am surprised he hasn't been posting. April was the last time he commented here. Hope he is ok.

I'm outraged that ten blacks were shot dead in Chicago over the weekend. I'm waiting for Weekes' comments on that.

I'm gonna hate myself for this . . . Were they shot dead by law enforcement officers sworn to uphold the Constitution and all the rights pertaining to citizens thereunto? No? Different outputs for different inputs, then. :outtahere:

So, how 'bout those Dallas Stars?

I'm outraged that ten blacks were shot dead in Chicago over the weekend. I'm waiting for Weekes' comments on that.

I'm gonna hate myself for this . . . Were they shot dead by law enforcement officers sworn to uphold the Constitution and all the rights pertaining to citizens thereunto? No? Different outputs for different inputs, then. :outtahere:

But the point is that this movement is not about blacks getting shot. It's how they get shot. So the slogan should be changed because "We skate for black lives" doesn't tell the whole story. And yes, cops need to be found guilty if they're overusing their powers. Noone disagrees with that. But to smear the entire police force with accusations of racism is completely over the top. We have to remember cops are only humans with their weaknesses. Although, in the cases at hand, I think cops have given the perps opportunities to cooperate.

But the point is that this movement is not about blacks getting shot. It's how they get shot. So the slogan should be changed because "We skate for black lives" doesn't tell the whole story. And yes, cops need to be found guilty if they're overusing their powers. Noone disagrees with that. But to smear the entire police force with accusations of racism is completely over the top. We have to remember cops are only humans with their weaknesses. Although, in the cases at hand, I think cops have given the perps opportunities to cooperate.

Just so we're clear, no one at this end of this exchange wants to smear all cops as racists; their jobs are difficult and often too thankless -- and the standards are high.

• Like 1

Tonight may be the elimination of 2 teams. I fear the injuries are taking their toll on the Avs, Francouz had a bad night in net and Makar had a big mistake that cost them. I just don't get why they let Dallas get a 3 goal lead in the first. Show up to play at the beginning guys! This has been the weirdest series, a two goal lead doesn't last for either team. Will be crossing my fingers they stave off elimination. :scared: :o
  • Like 2

Tonight may be the elimination of 2 teams. I fear the injuries are taking their toll on the Avs, Francouz had a bad night in net and Makar had a big mistake that cost them. I just don't get why they let Dallas get a 3 goal lead in the first. Show up to play at the beginning guys! This has been the weirdest series, a two goal lead doesn't last for either team. Will be crossing my fingers they stave off elimination. :scared: :o

Losing Grubauer has killed the Avs, I think. Francouz is a capable backup, but this is the playoffs, the Stars can flat-out score, and the Avs need a number 1, not a backup.

Losing Grubauer has killed the Avs, I think. Francouz is a capable backup, but this is the playoffs, the Stars can flat-out score, and the Avs need a number 1, not a backup.

Yeah he's not the same caliber as Grubauer but when Grubauer went out with an injury at the first of the year Francouz had a great run. Maybe it is nerves and knowing that his backup is even worse sadly. This has been a wild series with lead changes going back and forth so at least if they lose I hope it will be a good game.

So how are you liking the Isles chances to close it out? They are having a great playoff series.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

Just so we're clear, no one at this end of this exchange wants to smear all cops as racists; their jobs are difficult and often too thankless -- and the standards are high.

There are more good cops than bad ones and they put their lives on the line. I used to work in a correctional facility and I have seen how hard they work. This is about the actions of some who are making the whole look bad. The blue wall of silence is not helping, why let the few bad apples tarnish their well earned respect in the community.

As I said in a previous post, the training cops get in de-escalation is sorely lacking. It is ironic that the military have emphasized this in their training and U.S. Police don't (most of theirs is in a classroom where the military have hands on exercises.) There are other steps to take first before resorting to deadly force, the shoot first mentality just feeds this problem.

• Like 5

I don't think any of the teams currently behind have a chance of winning their series. Avalanche because of injuries, Bruins because they're pussies, Canucks because they're playing the Knights and Flyers because I don't wanna piss off 73 even more.
  • Like 1

I don't think any of the teams currently behind have a chance of winning their series. Avalanche because of injuries,

True, in fact, Francouz is now "unfit to play" as well, Hutchinson will be starting for the Avs. Ouch.

Bruins because they're pussies,

They're not the Big Bad Bruins of old, are they. Rask, even if he didn't leave the bubble, isn't quite what he used to be, and neither is Halak. Plus, Tampa seems pretty well dialed in, but they just lost Kucherov for the rest of this game. If he's out for a stretch that's a big loss considering they're already missing Stamkos.

Canucks because they're playing the Knights

The Knights are just too deep. Imagine saying that about a team in only its third year of existence.

and Flyers because I don't wanna piss off 73 even more.

Nah, I'm not pissed at you. The Isles are rarely on national TV so people don't get to see them much during the regular season. Very easy to underestimate them. I'm used to it.

That said, the Flyers aren't done yet. They played well last night and it's tough to finish off a team who's facing elimination.

EDIT: Case in point, the Bruins, facing elimination, just tied it up late in the 3rd.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1
  • Like 1

One lame shot on a potential game-ending power play. YOU f***ing PUSSIES!

Serious question, would you have been in better shape in your series if you had Rask in net? I get the feeling our man Rick N. Backer is no longer sold on him in the playoffs, just wondering if you agree.

• Like 1