The 2019-20 NHL Thread

blackhawkrush

"The Son of well, shit." :popcorn:

Yeah, yeah.

Don't worry, "Revenge of the Son of well, shit" is next. :madra:

I can only hope you're right!

To recap: Since the restart, the Blues -- previously holders of first place in the Western Conference -- have lost a scrimmage to the Blackhawks, lost all three round robin games, and lost the first two games of the series with Vancouver. Remember all those "who will be helped or hurt by the restart" articles? I guess we have an answer for St. Louis, despite the players back from injury, etc.

Maybe the Blues still have time to grind the Canucks down, but it's running mighty short.

They have seemed a step off since play restarted, have 20 of 23 players from last year's team. So the core seems strong but it just isn't coming together for them. Proof that winning back to back championships is difficult to say the least.

Coyotes are looking like spoilers, that was one fine performance by Kuemper today and the defense was amazing. Wishing Chicago still had Hjalmarsson :eyeroll:.

Chicago is not getting blown out yet, Crawford looks good for someone who had been sick recently. Without him in net, the Knights would have racked up a lot more points. So many pipes hit, shots that should have gone in :banghead:. I was hoping they would not get swept but not looking forward to Sunday's game.

Rask situation is strange, if he wanted to leave due to family concerns why wait until just 3 hours before the game to decide? Methinks there is more to this than meets the eye but we won't know until after the playoffs. Can Montreal keep up this pace? Won big for their coach but can it be sustained? Who knows. :huh:

This has been a busy two weeks. Loving having hockey to watch and save my sanity too :LOLsign: :yes:

• Like 3

Rask has always been a different cat. Sort of a Jay Cutler type of guy. Incredible talent but no fire whatsoever. Bruins management a said they weren't surprised, as they had info they never told the public days ago.

But I don't see how he stays in Boston after this.

• Like 2

I would entertain the idea of blowing up this Hawks team. That includes everyone, even Kane and Toews. With their $21 million, I'd rather have six guys that will hustle and play as a unit, than watching two superstars and their individual efforts that no longer win championships. Since we're talking about rebuilding, a need for an experienced coach is obvious, therefore Colliton must also leave. I'm willing to give Marc Crawford a chance, if there's no better option. Knights did not play well last night and still won. That should tell us how far away we are from challenging for a Cup. It's been a great ride, thanks for the Dynasty, but it's time to say goodbye.

C :) A :) G :) G :) I :) U :) L :) A :hockeygoon: Hawks 1 Knights 0

H :wacko: I :wacko: G :wacko: H :wacko: M :wacko: O :wacko: R :wacko: E :LOLsign: Hawks 2 Knights 0

I think the party's over. :sigh: Hawks 2 Knights 1

D :16ton: E :16ton: B :16ton: R :16ton: I :16ton: N :16ton: C :16ton: A :16ton: T :rose: Hawks 3 Knights 1
  • Like 1

C :) A :) G :) G :) I :) U :) L :) A :hockeygoon: Hawks 1 Knights 0

H :wacko: I :wacko: G :wacko: H :wacko: M :wacko: O :wacko: R :wacko: E :LOLsign: Hawks 2 Knights 0

I think the party's over. :sigh: Hawks 2 Knights 1

D :16ton: E :16ton: B :16ton: R :16ton: I :16ton: N :16ton: C :16ton: A :16ton: T :rose: Hawks 3 Knights 1

Final. :cosmo: Now they only have to do this magic trick three more times...I mean Crawford has to.
  • Like 1

I would entertain the idea of blowing up this Hawks team. That includes everyone, even Kane and Toews. With their $21 million, I'd rather have six guys that will hustle and play as a unit, than watching two superstars and their individual efforts that no longer win championships. Since we're talking about rebuilding, a need for an experienced coach is obvious, therefore Colliton must also leave. I'm willing to give Marc Crawford a chance, if there's no better option. Knights did not play well last night and still won. That should tell us how far away we are from challenging for a Cup. It's been a great ride, thanks for the Dynasty, but it's time to say goodbye.

I agree about Colliton, that was a bad choice to go from an experienced coach to a complete rookie. He's younger than some players, has never impressed me. Gets a line that works and then screws around with it.

As for blowing up the team, big no for me. Yes they have a while before they are contenders again but our problem is Bowman doing lousy trades. He needs to go. I like Kane and Toews, Crawford is a great goalie and Duncan Keith may be a bit long in the tooth but he is still battling hard. There are bunch of these kids that are worth hanging on to.

That was a wild game, Crawford was Superman. I doubt we win the series but glad not to have been swept. Now if Calgary and Washington can get eliminated that would be nice. :D

• Like 2

I agree about Colliton, that was a bad choice to go from an experienced coach to a complete rookie. He's younger than some players, has never impressed me. Gets a line that works and then screws around with it.

As for blowing up the team, big no for me. Yes they have a while before they are contenders again but our problem is Bowman doing lousy trades. He needs to go. I like Kane and Toews, Crawford is a great goalie and Duncan Keith may be a bit long in the tooth but he is still battling hard. There are bunch of these kids that are worth hanging on to.

That was a wild game, Crawford was Superman. I doubt we win the series but glad not to have been swept. Now if Calgary and Washington can get eliminated that would be nice. :D

Crawford is 35, Keith is 37. They're not going to be part of a Hawks "rebirth." Same goes for Seabrook. We won't be able to get rid of everyone, but we can't make the same mistake the Canucks made when they held on to the Sedin twins, instead of trying to get some quality for them while they could. As a result, they've been struggling to get to respectability for quite a few years now. The reason Bowman had to trade Schmaltz, Hinostroza, the Hayes brothers, Nordstrom, Leddy and others was because Quinneville couldn't cultivate these young players. However, I will agree the Hjalmarsson trade was ridiculous. Bottom line, we need a coach with a vision and players that will break away from this chaotic style Hawks are bringing to the table. It's embarrassing to watch.

So Tuukka Rask, who opted out because of a "family emergency", was spotted on a Boston-area golf course today. Police were actually called to chase away a TV reporter and camera man.

I hope to hell they leave him unprotected in the expansion draft. f***in' Euro pussy.

So Tuukka Rask, who opted out because of a "family emergency", was spotted on a Boston-area golf course today. Police were actually called to chase away a TV reporter and camera man.

I hope to hell they leave him unprotected in the expansion draft. f***in' Euro pussy.

A little Gareth Bale there, eh?
  • Like 1