The 2019-20 NHL Thread

blackhawkrush

In disbelief that the Leafs tied that up down 3 with 4 to go.

This shit can only happen in hockey. :wacko:

That the Leafs were able to score three goals in the final four minutes, all with the goalie pulled, with CBJ having chances to put it in the empty net and missing, THEN win it in OT...it's a rare to see all those stars align in a game, and it was an impressive comeback by the Leafs.

• Like 5

In disbelief that the Leafs tied that up down 3 with 4 to go.

This shit can only happen in hockey. :wacko:

That the Leafs were able to score three goals in the final four minutes, all with the goalie pulled, with CBJ having chances to put it in the empty net and missing, THEN win it in OT...it's a rare to see all those stars align in a game, and it was an impressive comeback by the Leafs.

Hey, 73. Where's that "We stink" admin?

Well, my Pens are out. :( Sullivan had Jarry in goal instead of Murray but it was too little, too late. :banghead: As always, lots of calls from Pgh fans to blow the team up.

Thankfully the always awesome Phil Kessel is still in the running with the Coyotes. He had a goal at the beginning of the second period and the Coyotes eliminated the Predators in OT, 4-3.

• Like 3

With Montreal eliminating by knocking out Pittsburgh, I've been surprised, and I would think a lot of people including sport's experts are, too. With the cross check from behind Pierre-Luc Dubois did to Jake Muzzin, it should've had disciplinary action done. When Nick Foligno tripped Morgan Rielly in overtime, it was a penalty that should've been called, and it was. The best thing that Toronto should've done to Columbus is win games, and right now, Toronto, has tied the series 2-2. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 3

Well, my Pens are out. :( Sullivan had Jarry in goal instead of Murray but it was too little, too late. :banghead: As always, lots of calls from Pgh fans to blow the team up.

Thankfully the always awesome Phil Kessel is still in the running with the Coyotes. He had a goal at the beginning of the second period and the Coyotes eliminated the Predators in OT, 4-3.

Both no.12 seeds take out the no. 5 seeds. Just another day in the NHL.
  • Like 3

Another crazy day of hockey, the announcers were calling it elimination day and it was. Glad for the Coyotes, they have a bunch of players I liked while they were with Chicago. Although Hjalmarsson's attempt to clear the puck set up the goal that forced overtime :facepalm: . Can't believe the Habs beat Pens, I figured Carey Price would wear down but their team fought hard, sorry Blueschica. Also surprised that the Blue Jackets forgot everything they did to win yesterday and did the exact opposite. Well, now there will be another game on Sunday, maybe 2...Wild and Canucks are now going to overtime :o

I am very pleased how the Blackhawks didn't give up even when the evitable first fast goal went in again. Crow looks very good and the defense was helping tie up the Oilers big guns. How about that 4th line? They show some real promise. I am going to savor the win, first time they have made the playoffs since 2015. What happens next will be determined by who we play. Will be a rough one if we get the Blues.

Avs and Knights should be entertaining tomorrow and will the Flyers continue to hang around? Playoffs baby! :D :clap:

• Like 5

Another crazy day of hockey, the announcers were calling it elimination day and it was. Glad for the Coyotes, they have a bunch of players I liked while they were with Chicago. Although Hjalmarsson's attempt to clear the puck set up the goal that forced overtime :facepalm: . Can't believe the Habs beat Pens, I figured Carey Price would wear down but their team fought hard, sorry Blueschica. Also surprised that the Blue Jackets forgot everything they did to win yesterday and did the exact opposite. Well, now there will be another game on Sunday, maybe 2...Wild and Canucks are now going to overtime :o

I am very pleased how the Blackhawks didn't give up even when the evitable first fast goal went in again. Crow looks very good and the defense was helping tie up the Oilers big guns. How about that 4th line? They show some real promise. I am going to savor the win, first time they have made the playoffs since 2015. What happens next will be determined by who we play. Will be a rough one if we get the Blues.

Avs and Knights should be entertaining tomorrow and will the Flyers continue to hang around? Playoffs baby! :D :clap:

I'd like to be as pleased about yesterday's events as you, Rhyta, but I can't. Our defense looked horrible. Getting the puck out of our zone was always an adventure. We gave Edmonton so many open net chances that I stopped counting them. The only reason we are still in these playoffs is because of complete incompetence at finishing plays by the Oilers. We can't get the Blues next. To be fair, St Louis would've been a better match-up than what awaits us. I don't care if it's Colorado or Vegas. Either way, it's going to be a bloodbath.
  • Like 1

It will be Hawks vs Knights in the first round. Obviously, more star power on the Avalanche, so that works in our favor, but Vegas plays as a disciplined unit, especially on defense. Oh, and the Hawks have one (1) win against the Knights in the history of meetings between the two teams. Good luck, boys...
  • Like 2

I'd like to be as pleased about yesterday's events as you, Rhyta, but I can't. Our defense looked horrible. Getting the puck out of our zone was always an adventure. We gave Edmonton so many open net chances that I stopped counting them. The only reason we are still in these playoffs is because of complete incompetence at finishing plays by the Oilers. We can't get the Blues next. To be fair, St Louis would've been a better match-up than what awaits us. I don't care if it's Colorado or Vegas. Either way, it's going to be a bloodbath.

Well I won't completely disagree with you, I was expecting them to get run over by the Oilers but they were able to come back a few times after Oilers put it in the net so early. I wasn't sure how they were going to determine who played who but figured it out today. Yes, Knights will be tough. Saw the guys up in their box watching the game, hope they got some good intel to help them. Yes, I figure it will be messy but they just might pull a couple of wins out of the hat...one can dream ;)

Flyers are making the other Eastern teams look tired, they will be a spoiler. Now Hedman got hurt today, just what the Bolts need. Good games coming again Sunday.

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 1

So I had thought the brackets were set, but I guess they reseeded everything? I figured if the #12 Blackhawks beat #5, they'd play in the 4 v 5 round of 8, but now they're the #8 seed?

Now I've got to start worrying about a whole new path for the Blues!

• Like 2

So I had thought the brackets were set, but I guess they reseeded everything? I figured if the #12 Blackhawks beat #5, they'd play in the 4 v 5 round of 8, but now they're the #8 seed?

Now I've got to start worrying about a whole new path for the Blues!

Before they came up with the round robin thing, the idea was that the Hawks would play Edmonton and then Dallas. That would've been a dream for me. It was not to be. The Blues will get Vancouver or Calgary, depending on today's result.
  • Like 2

As it is, right now, we don't know what the other first round playoff match ups will be because all of the other games haven't been played to know the results. In the Western Conference, no matter what, Chicago would stay as the lowest seed, so in the first round, they would need to play the highest seeded team. So far in the round-robins, some of the teams in both conferences switched positions with each other because of wins against each other, and points. In the Eastern Conference, Philadelphia was in fourth place, and they moved to first. In the first round, they will have to play Montreal. For sure, today's winner between Toronto, and Columbus will have to play Tampa Bay in the first round. When the rest of the regular season wasn't able to be completed, in the Eastern Conference, Tampa Bay were in second place, and after their three round-robin games they needed to play, they stayed in that position. If the two fifth place teams in both conferences did advance from the qualifiers into the playoffs, then the first round match ups would've been different to what they are, right now. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

Vancouver can't be happy with Dallas winning today. :P

And I'm sure Dallas would have preferred to avoid Calgary.

When you compare Calgary and Vancouver, I would give a slight edge to the Flames, but in this league, where 12 seeds are knocking out 5 seeds...
  • Like 1

Well, the Leafs are gone again. Guess Babcock wasn't the only problem, this team should be doing much better. The Stars/Blues game was boring, just like last year's playoffs until the last couple of games. Guess they weren't fired up since they knew they'd be in regardless. Leafs and Blue Jackets was really fast, lots of good chances but it wasn't Leafs time. Didn't follow the Caps/Bruins, slept in from a late evening :LOL:

Wow, a day off Monday. I won't be watching the draft stuff, not that hard core :laughing guy: Blackhawks get the late game Tuesday. Playoffs here we come :hockey:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

Well, the Leafs are gone again. Guess Babcock wasn't the only problem, this team should be doing much better. The Stars/Blues game was boring, just like last year's playoffs until the last couple of games. Guess they weren't fired up since they knew they'd be in regardless. Leafs and Blue Jackets was really fast, lots of good chances but it wasn't Leafs time. Didn't follow the Caps/Bruins, slept in from a late evening :LOL:

Wow, a day off Monday. I won't be watching the draft stuff, not that hard core :laughing guy: Blackhawks get the late game Tuesday. Playoffs here we come :hockey:

I hope the East gets the no.1 pick. We don't need another stud in the West.

Was reading an FB thread last night on memories of Olympia Stadium, "the big red barn" where the Red Wings played. Had a good laugh from a comment, "seeing the (hockey) players smoking on the bench." I wonder if, like in baseball any of them used chew or dip? Blecch!
  • Like 1