The 2019-20 NHL Thread

blackhawkrush

Yah sure, you betcha, they chirping in Yooperland! Karen's parents are from Copper Country, and those folks are buzzing in anticipation of the Kraft Hockeyville game going on in Calumet tomorrow night. NBSCN will be broadcasting as the Red Wings and the Blues lace 'em up and play.
  • Like 1

Making it back to the Stanley Cup Final next season will be difficult for Bruins.

All things considered, the road back to the Final will not be easy for Boston. History, the salary cap, and fatigue will all be working against the club in 2019-2020.

We can all HOPE.

:hockey:

• Like 1

We went to the Garden the other night for the Bruins - Flyers exhibition game. Really just to see BC's Kevin Hayes. Sat in the same seats we sat in for Game 5 of the finals. Still pisses me off. :)

As of now I will be at the game on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I accidentally bought them on StubHub and they have resold yet.

Glad to see someone started this thread! Thank you blackhawkrush!

I am a man of few words as we embark on this new season...

Those words would be...

Wait for it...

Let's GO Lightning

:hockeygoon:

• Like 2

Maybe the chirping will begin when the puck drops for real . . .

With there being not as many post replies to this thread, maybe, some, and certain people realize they might be saying things without knowing any answers to questions about them including the N.H.L. until afterwards. The Tampa Bay Lightning is one N.H.L. team favorite to win this season's the 2019/20 Stanley Cup.

Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

With there being not as many post replies to this thread, maybe, some, and certain people realize they might be saying things without knowing any answers to questions about them until afterwards.

Yeah, sure -- but this is the internet! Since when has knowing nothing stopped somebody from saying things!

Blues to repeat!

What is the level of Tampa fans' anxiety about another great regular season and another postseason implosion?

Glad to see someone started this thread! Thank you blackhawkrush!

I am a man of few words as we embark on this new season...

Those words would be...

Wait for it...

Let's GO Lightning

:hockeygoon:

Don't be so modest. I look forward to reading your five paragraph thoughts about Lightning games each and every night. :cheers:
  • Like 2

I'm enjoying the first period of the Blues' Stanley Cup defense; we're off to a good start.

My (not so?) sneaky pick for the Cup this year is Toronto. I think the Maple Leafs will pull it together, beat Tampa in the playoffs, and beat, oh, Dallas in the Finals. The Canadian Hockey Press loses its mind.

• Like 2

Nova, When you posted about the Toronto Maple Leafs being your sneaky pick for winning this 2019/20 season's Stanley Cup, hopefully, you weren't just saying that. For Toronto, I've still been rooting, and cheering to see, and hear them being able to go even further including possibly winning it. For their intent of doing it, they've been trying to contend by improving each, and every year. The St. Louis Blues is one other N.H.L. team, who is, and has been favorite to win this 2019/20 season's Stanley Cup by repeating it. Edited by Derek19

Nova, When you posted about the Toronto Maple Leafs being your sneaky pick for winning this 2019/20 season's Stanley Cup, hopefully, you weren't just saying that. For Toronto, I've still been rooting, and cheering to see, and hear them being able to go even further including possibly winning it.

No, based on the season previews I've been reading, if some things come together, I like Toronto's chances to make a deep run. They certainly began with intent!

• Like 1

Pens vs. Sabres in an hour! :ebert:

5htNntDl.jpg IdutPR0l.jpg

I direct you to the very first post in this thread. ;)

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Umm yeah, the Pens didn't look so good last night. They really struggled to get anything going, and have a challenging start at home- Yesterday's Buffalo, then Columbus, Winnipeg and Anaheim for the first four games.

• Like 1