YYNOT - Resonance (new album)

KenJennings

I've heard the new album a couple times and I do like it. I like the first one better though. I will certainly give Resonance more listens.

Can't wait to get my signed cds! I can't get it on my iPhone yet.

Message me, I can send you a 44.1 mp3 download

• Like 3

I've heard the new album a couple times and I do like it. I like the first one better though. I will certainly give Resonance more listens.

Can't wait to get my signed cds! I can't get it on my iPhone yet.

Message me, I can send you a 44.1 mp3 download

You totally ROCK! I'm about to go to bed but heck yes! Thank You!!!

Earl

• Like 2

Yeah, so who's going to bitch about the band posting on the board now?

Class acts the guys from YYNOT are.

I totally agree! This is a first class band with totally cool people!!! I'm so pumped! Driving down to LA to catch their two shows in November! YYNOT? Get it? LOL!

• Like 3

What would you like me to complain about?

Geddy focusing on his book rather than getting with Al and making some music.

They're not getting any younger.

But I can't complain about them finally getting time off/retiring. It's well deserved.

Maybe you need to stop bitching about Rush being over. It's done. Move on. :P

But I can't complain about them finally getting time off/retiring. It's well deserved.

I'm not looking for Rush. I'm looking for Ged and Al.

2 different things brother. ;)

I'm not looking for Rush. I'm looking for Ged and Al.

2 different things brother. ;)

Whatevs, they're not buyin. Let them be.

I totally agree! This is a first class band with totally cool people!!! I'm so pumped! Driving down to LA to catch their two shows in November! YYNOT? Get it? LOL!

Hey Earl and Three Eyes - this is right by my house - let’s meet for beers before the show (Alva’s doesn’t serve alcohol).

• Like 2

Hey Earl and Three Eyes - this is right by my house - let’s meet for beers before the show (Alva’s doesn’t serve alcohol).

That's an enticing offer. I'll try to make it happen. Was hoping they'd get a gig up here in my neck of the woods for this album but who needs Hollywood? lol.

• Like 2

That's an enticing offer. I'll try to make it happen. Was hoping they'd get a gig up here in my neck of the woods for this album but who needs Hollywood? lol.

Straight shot down the 110. Prob 40-60 minutes

• Like 1

No beer at a rock show? Shoot me! LOL! This has only happened twice in my life. TOOL and King Crimson in Berkeley and the Dixie Dregs at the Rio in Santa Cruz. Heck yes I'm in. I have a room two miles away at the Doubletree! Long live rock and roll and long live ice cold beer!

• Like 2

After only a few listens I can truly say that this is a great album and an improvement on Yynot's debut album which I like a lot. It has much better production and mixing than the debut which I find sounds a little thin. The writing overall is more sophisticated and the musicianship shines on a pretty constant basis on Guitar, bass and drums. There is definitely a jazzier feel to many of the jams in the songs and all the songs on the album seem to flow into one another in a totally cohesive manner. There is really nothing bad that I can say about this album. It will definitely get plenty of listens from me.
  • Like 4

I yo yo-ed on this record.

but now i love it. it's actually sounds more like it's own thing than the Debut did, IMO.

My favs.

Wildest Dreams

Future Unknown (beautiful)

Chemical Burn

She said I love The Rain (perfect pop tune)

Synergos

Precious Time (My Fav.

this album comes into it's own the more i play it.

Mick

It has grown on me as well. I gave it many more spins. Again...hard not to love the sound. Been loving that sound for over 40 years.....LOL. Rocky’s vocals are sublime and she may actually be my favorite part of the band and my draw to them.

If I get a chance to see them live one day.....I will.

I much rather support good people like this then some of the dreck being pushed out as music to our youth these days.

Favorite tracks on the new record:

Wildest Dreams

Bully

Chemical Burn

She Said I Love The Rain

Synergos

Future Unknown

Precious Time

From the debut my favorites:

Another Trip Around The Sun (might be my favorite track from them period)

Etheria

To Come Back Home

YYNOT

The new record is a nice step up both sonically/production and songwriting wise.

Good stuff. Although I still think they can stretch out more towards their own sound on future output. The second record did that that slightly. So much Rush love (which is not a bad thing) but the more they reach for their own sound the better they can become. It all comes down to how far they want to take it.

It is a nice project. And again great to hear this kind of music being played post Rush. I just hope they keep pushing towards their own road sonically and find their own riffs.

Edited by Todem

It's crazy....I can't stop listening to both albums now. On a loop on my morning and afternoon drives. They are filling my Rush void incredibly well.

God bless these fine people. And God bless the power of prog music.

I will support the living crap out of them. I can't wait for their next trip to Florida.

Edited by Todem
  • Like 1

I think it's the best hard rock album of 2019. Then again, it's probably the only hard rock album of 2019. Still, it's an incredible record.

Great live recording they just uploaded from the Salt Lake City show. So great I wonder if some studio tinkering is involved. Because they're scary if they're this good live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdXtWWIeZJY

No beer at a rock show? Shoot me! LOL! This has only happened twice in my life. TOOL and King Crimson in Berkeley and the Dixie Dregs at the Rio in Santa Cruz. Heck yes I'm in. I have a room two miles away at the Doubletree! Long live rock and roll and long live ice cold beer!

Sorry guys! My life has been crazy and my Xfinity router shit the bed. I've met an incredible Brazilian woman and my life has totally changed. I couldn't make it down to YYNOT. Sucks but it's a long story.

I saw Madonna with my woman on November 23 at the Wiltern in LA. It was surprisingly EPIC.

Hope you guys had a great time.

I think it's the best hard rock album of 2019. Then again, it's probably the only hard rock album of 2019. Still, it's an incredible record.

Great live recording they just uploaded from the Salt Lake City show. So great I wonder if some studio tinkering is involved. Because they're scary if they're this good live.

I guess you have not heard Badflower’s excellent album.

Fantastic young band on the rise.

I guess you have not heard Badflower’s excellent album.

Fantastic young band on the rise.

I gave it a decent sampling on Spotify. It has its moments, especially "Cry", but nothing really screams listen to me again.